Author Topic: GTA4 Theme (Michael Hunter > Dr. Dre)  (Read 1248 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: GTA4 Theme (Michael Hunter > Dr. Dre)
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 03:52:55 AM »
LOL well judging from what I do know about him (he made a beat for a video game) he's a beat maker. Judging from what I know about Dr Dre (legendary producer) he's exponentially greater than this michael hunter character.

Well maybe you should abandon what you know and go in with a fresh state of mind.

That is, everything in a beat and everything produced within it is made entirely and was created from ideas of the "beat maker".

The argument here is not Who has the better ackolades and reputation.  It's the basics of what we luv the music for, who's making the better track..

Absolutely wrong. Maybe you need to learn what exactly a producer does...

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 06:02:33 AM »
Great Intro. Good stuff to listen to when you switch on the 360 and load the game  8)
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 10:46:44 AM »
honestly this beat has more break downs than any dr dre beat ever
i like when beat switches up every 4 bars or some new element comes into play

so his name is pablo? (his myspace/website?)
why does it say michael hunter in gta then?

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 10:48:19 AM »
also listen to gta4 loading screen beat
it's like a mix of timbaland/dr dre lol

Nelson Muntz

• Lil Geezy
  • HAW HAW!
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 06:15:40 PM »
dude is dope...I got that g funk track he did on the last game somewhere.

that shit was off the hook!   8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 06:35:34 PM »
lol yo bedford, why do you have 2 GTA's? lmao

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 07:57:12 PM »
LOL well judging from what I do know about him (he made a beat for a video game) he's a beat maker. Judging from what I know about Dr Dre (legendary producer) he's exponentially greater than this michael hunter character.

Well maybe you should abandon what you know and go in with a fresh state of mind.

That is, everything in a beat and everything produced within it is made entirely and was created from ideas of the "beat maker".

The argument here is not Who has the better ackolades and reputation.  It's the basics of what we luv the music for, who's making the better track..

We are talking about beats here though.  I don't give a fuck what Dre can do in the studio to help other artists, what he can organize and oversee.  The point is his own beats aren't as good as this guys...

You can be the best producer in the world, but if you just don't have the talent, you're music isn't going to come out hotter than a young cat with brand new ideas..

If you take any of Dre's last beats, and listen to "production" aspects that u can hear in them (mixing, instrument use, music theory) it's clear this guy would be a better choice to take a beat from nowadays.

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 11:34:42 PM »
lol yo bedford, why do you have 2 GTA's? lmao

One of them isn't mine G. Mate put it there too just for kicks. I was sending a pic out to a boy who did the school boy error of not reserving the game time ago and is going without GTA until next week  :laugh:
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

TRG

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 12:39:48 AM »
awesome beat 8)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2008, 04:33:12 AM »

We are talking about beats here though.  I don't give a fuck what Dre can do in the studio to help other artists, what he can organize and oversee.  The point is his own beats aren't as good as this guys...

You can be the best producer in the world, but if you just don't have the talent, you're music isn't going to come out hotter than a young cat with brand new ideas..

If you take any of Dre's last beats, and listen to "production" aspects that u can hear in them (mixing, instrument use, music theory) it's clear this guy would be a better choice to take a beat from nowadays.

Ok, you missed the point. You're comparing apples to oranges. Dre doesnt make beats, he produces songs. When you see "produced by dr dre" in the album credits, that doesnt mean he made the beat. Quincy Jones produced Thriller. What notes did he play on the album? None. But he is still the producer. "Composer" does not = "producer"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2008, 09:22:16 AM »
san andreas beat by Dj pooh> GTAIV theme.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2008, 03:06:27 PM »

That ain't pooh, it's Michael Hunter...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2008, 03:09:40 PM »

Ok, you missed the point. You're comparing apples to oranges. Dre doesnt make beats, he produces songs. When you see "produced by dr dre" in the album credits, that doesnt mean he made the beat. Quincy Jones produced Thriller. What notes did he play on the album? None. But he is still the producer. "Composer" does not = "producer"

Ok I get your point.  But the point of this thread was to say this guy is making all around better beats than Dre is right now.

When I said Hunter > Dre I meant in the beat compartment, cuz I posted a beat.......

Beatmaking is a very crucial part of producing, and more often than not when it says Produced by Dre, it means he made the beat..   Check out the Big Bang, The Chronic, 2001, Eminem disco..

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2008, 03:42:29 PM »

Michael Hunter did a beat for San Andreas too?!???

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2008, 04:19:57 AM »

Michael Hunter did a beat for San Andreas too?!???

He did the opening theme.  Some places on the net falsely tag it as DJ Pooh tho...