Author Topic: GTA4 Theme (Michael Hunter > Dr. Dre)  (Read 1246 times)

thuglord

• 'G'
  • If I die press play and I will be resurrected...
Re: GTA4 Theme (Michael Hunter > Dr. Dre)
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2008, 04:35:10 AM »
Nice beat but lol... this ain't better than Dre's worst!

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2008, 06:13:35 AM »
Nice beat but lol... this ain't better than Dre's worst!

U ain't heard alot of Dre's beats then...  Cuz he's had sum stinkers in his day..

smh @ either plain ignorance or str8 up dickriding.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2008, 01:09:44 PM »
Ok, you missed the point. You're comparing apples to oranges. Dre doesnt make beats, he produces songs. When you see "produced by dr dre" in the album credits, that doesnt mean he made the beat. Quincy Jones produced Thriller. What notes did he play on the album? None. But he is still the producer. "Composer" does not = "producer"

Very well said. Producing a good song takes a lot more talent then making a good beat. Same with Timbaland. Their producers. Anyone can take a sample and make a good beat, but only the talented can produce and mix an album properly.

This theme song isn't better then the San Andreas one.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 01:12:41 PM by The King of Mitt Romney's Fan Club »

jpm

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2008, 01:17:56 PM »
nice .. what are the other good songs from gta or that dude or whatever, nyone can host em on sites please?
www.ReallyHipHop.com for all the latest hip-hop media available!

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2008, 01:22:53 PM »
That beat is hot. The San Andreas one is better though.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2008, 02:40:25 PM »
Ok, you missed the point. You're comparing apples to oranges. Dre doesnt make beats, he produces songs. When you see "produced by dr dre" in the album credits, that doesnt mean he made the beat. Quincy Jones produced Thriller. What notes did he play on the album? None. But he is still the producer. "Composer" does not = "producer"

Very well said. Producing a good song takes a lot more talent then making a good beat. Same with Timbaland. Their producers. Anyone can take a sample and make a good beat, but only the talented can produce and mix an album properly.

U missing the point.  There are no samples in this song.  It's all live instrumentation and original music theory.  Which is showing more talent than Dre does in his beats..

U are being fooled into thinking production is the key to beats.  It's not.. Dre can make a really whack beat sound good just cuz he can mix it to fuck with ur ears.  But when u make awesome beats already, u dont need to be a super-producer, cuz it's already hot.  Thats why I liked the olden days better, cuz u never got fooled by the beats...  What was hot was hot, regardless of how it was recorded/produced/mixed.

U still feel me?

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2008, 03:45:37 PM »

U missing the point.  There are no samples in this song.  It's all live instrumentation and original music theory.  Which is showing more talent than Dre does in his beats..

U are being fooled into thinking production is the key to beats.  It's not.. Dre can make a really whack beat sound good just cuz he can mix it to fuck with ur ears.  But when u make awesome beats already, u dont need to be a super-producer, cuz it's already hot.  Thats why I liked the olden days better, cuz u never got fooled by the beats...  What was hot was hot, regardless of how it was recorded/produced/mixed.

U still feel me?

+1.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2008, 05:07:18 PM »
It's all live instrumentation and original music theory.

Well I guess, that means Prince is the greatest of all time, since he wrote, sang, and played all the instruments himself. This is one theme song, and whether people like it, is a matter of taste.

As long as it sounds good, I don't care if it's a sample.

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2008, 04:13:53 AM »
that's a fruity loops beat :D

I recognize most of the drum/percussion sounds ;)

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2008, 08:09:50 AM »
That beat is average. Dre >>>> This guy
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will