Poll

Who Will Advance?

Los Angeles Lakers
32 (82.1%)
Utah Jazz
7 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (57-25) vs Utah Jazz (54-28)~ Round 2  (Read 3747 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (57-25) vs Utah Jazz (54-38)~ Round 2
« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2008, 06:29:39 PM »
i told y'all i would of been extremely surprised if lal won this series in 4 or 5...i said 6 is what i expected, will see what happens

utah doesnt get enough credit..they're a solid team

solid at home... different team on the road. I was thinking that we would take at least one from this trip, but we almost did. anyway, if the SA/NO game today keeps going the way it is, all Western games will be 2-2 today. I'm glad we won't be playing until Wednesday though. Kobe needs to heal and rest.   
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Lunatic

« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2008, 06:55:49 PM »
i told y'all i would of been extremely surprised if lal won this series in 4 or 5...i said 6 is what i expected, will see what happens

utah doesnt get enough credit..they're a solid team

solid at home... different team on the road. I was thinking that we would take at least one from this trip, but we almost did. anyway, if the SA/NO game today keeps going the way it is, all Western games will be 2-2 today. I'm glad we won't be playing until Wednesday though. Kobe needs to heal and rest.   
yea i know, but i still thought they'd at least force 6..lal almost did, 2 close games..yup, these 2 west series should be interesting!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2008, 07:16:15 PM »
is anybody else WATCHING this game?

sure the Lakers are awful at shooting and free throws

but what the fuck is up with these bullshit foul calls?

this the worst NBA game I've seen so far this year

I agree...this game was terribly officiated in Utah's favor. And what's worse is that if we woulda made our free throws, we woulda easily won. :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2008, 07:19:33 PM »
So much for Kobe being mature now... *lol*

I bet you anything you didn't even watch the game. if it weren't for Kobe, we wouldn't have even been in the position to go into overtime...I know you're still waiting on that off game by him, but keep waiting.. he played through a back injury and still oudid anything LeBron has done in the 2nd round thus far.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2008, 07:22:33 PM »
Kobe really did fuck his team by continually trying to drive and bust 3's eventhough he was injured.  He was fuckin chucking airballs and shit.  And his drives to the hoop looked like they were in slow motion.  Odom and Fisher were feeling the boom, the ball should have been in their hands.  It was a freaking miracle that game went to OT, and if Kobe would have deferred the Lakers could have stole one in Utah.

A real MVP would have deferred to the hot hands, especially if he was physically incapable.  Instead, he had to be the one to knock down the shots in the clutch and cost them the game.  MVP! MVP!

LMAO...These Kobe haters are just too much. Kobe was off in OT, but it's Phil who draws up the plays, not him, smart guy. He was obviously told to take over in OT, and they were running ISOs for him.. his shot just wasn't falling in. Still, without Kobe, we wouldn't have been anywhere in that game. LOL@tryna make a mockery out of the greatest player on the planet because he was playing through a back injury. Tony parker is outplaying your MVP. :D

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2008, 07:27:16 PM »
Chris Paul the MVP is leading his team to a blow out victory today!! It's 97-74 right now!!

Oh wait... thats The Spurs who are kicking ass.

Nevermind.....
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

WestCoasta

« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2008, 08:26:19 PM »
Gasol aka Kwame Brown

thats a bit of a stretch...

past two games he's been fumbling with the stone hands

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2008, 09:05:28 PM »
Kobe really did fuck his team by continually trying to drive and bust 3's eventhough he was injured.  He was fuckin chucking airballs and shit.  And his drives to the hoop looked like they were in slow motion.  Odom and Fisher were feeling the boom, the ball should have been in their hands.  It was a freaking miracle that game went to OT, and if Kobe would have deferred the Lakers could have stole one in Utah.

A real MVP would have deferred to the hot hands, especially if he was physically incapable.  Instead, he had to be the one to knock down the shots in the clutch and cost them the game.  MVP! MVP!

LMAO...These Kobe haters are just too much. Kobe was off in OT, but it's Phil who draws up the plays, not him, smart guy. He was obviously told to take over in OT, and they were running ISOs for him.. his shot just wasn't falling in. Still, without Kobe, we wouldn't have been anywhere in that game. LOL@tryna make a mockery out of the greatest player on the planet because he was playing through a back injury. Tony parker is outplaying your MVP. :D

LMAO (not really, but since you like to start off every response with those same 4 letters, I thought I'd play along) These Kobe Cock Lovers are just too much. 

Phil even said that Kobe took too many shots in the press conference after the game.  And if Kobe's back was bothering him so bad, and he can't move fast, he can't drive, and he can't shoot then he shouldn't be out there.  If he must be out on the court, than he should purely facilitate.  His slow ass can still quasi drive to the hole and kick out to Fisher or Odom.  You know, the 2 guys responsible for the comeback?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2008, 09:37:22 PM »
if it weren't for Kobe Odom, we wouldn't have even been in the position to go into overtime.
Fisher was driving to the basket when he can't even dunk. It's a good thing he found his shot later in the game.
Vujacic was trying to handle the ball and get penetration at the end of regulation even though he usually does nothing but stand on the 3 point line (even during fast breaks). but he put up good shooting numbers.
Gasol had butter on his hands and missed an easy dunk.
Vlad Rad coundn't buy a bucket.
Odom was the only one playing with heart and consistency in the 4th quarter. He made the key 3 pointer and the offensive rebound and layup after Kobe's miss.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2008, 09:55:57 PM »

LMAO (not really, but since you like to start off every response with those same 4 letters, I thought I'd play along) These Kobe Cock Lovers are just too much. 

Phil even said that Kobe took too many shots in the press conference after the game.  And if Kobe's back was bothering him so bad, and he can't move fast, he can't drive, and he can't shoot then he shouldn't be out there.  If he must be out on the court, than he should purely facilitate.  His slow ass can still quasi drive to the hole and kick out to Fisher or Odom.  You know, the 2 guys responsible for the comeback?

Yea, and who was the one kicking out the ball to Fisher when he hit those threes...hmmm? Could it have been Kobe?

Kobe is not responsible for this loss...Should he have went about the overtime period a different way? Probabaly. But if he makes those shots, he's a hero.  If he misses them, haters like you instantly jump all up on his dick, despite the fact that he's been the best player in these playoffs thus far. I can't fault a player this great. as great as he is, we can't expect him to make them all.. Dude just became the first player to put up at least 30-6-6 in 4 consecutive playoff games (and he did it tonight for the 5th consecutive time, as well), yet you still bash him because he didn't bail the Lakers out, like he usually does. Well, if he didn't have that bad back, best believe we'd be singing a different tune. You act as if he just pulled a LeBron...PeACe

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2008, 10:16:59 PM »
Lakers are still winning the series.

Look at the Spurs today lol,  like I have said since the first day of the season they are going to win it all again this year.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 12:33:42 AM by Spice »

DIP DIP SET SET

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2008, 10:21:06 PM »
At the end of regulation, it looked they really wanted to go for the 3, but then Fisher ended up taking it to the hole. They wanted to steal that without going to OT, but it didn't happen. Kobe's shot wasn't falling, but it happens. They have to look for him with the game on the line, it will fall eventually. People need to stop hating on his game, or LeBron's or CP3's just because they are a fan of the other, they are all GREAT players. I think the Lakers will win the next 2, but I expected the Jazz to be a lot tougher than Denver, and knew they would present some problems. That block that Price had on Walton was ill, Luke should have dunked it.
I got a bird's eye view

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2008, 11:12:17 PM »

Yea, and who was the one kicking out the ball to Fisher when he hit those threes...hmmm? Could it have been Kobe?

Kobe is not responsible for this loss...Should he have went about the overtime period a different way? Probabaly. But if he makes those shots, he's a hero.  If he misses them, haters like you instantly jump all up on his dick, despite the fact that he's been the best player in these playoffs thus far. I can't fault a player this great. as great as he is, we can't expect him to make them all.. Dude just became the first player to put up at least 30-6-6 in 4 consecutive playoff games (and he did it tonight for the 5th consecutive time, as well), yet you still bash him because he didn't bail the Lakers out, like he usually does. Well, if he didn't have that bad back, best believe we'd be singing a different tune. You act as if he just pulled a LeBron...PeACe

Hey, if he's the MVP he's going to be subject to criticism.  You said it yourself, when he was facilitating the Lakers went on a run.  Why did he stop?  Because he wanted to be the hero.  Kobe is still Kobe regardless if the NBA is trying to market him in a positive light solely because he is clearly the most talented player in the league.

Johnny B

« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2008, 11:26:42 PM »
is it just me or can no playoff team win on the road thus far?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2008, 11:28:09 PM »
Phil said it himself, the team bailed on Kobe towards the end. Odom and Fisher stepped up, but Luke, VladRad, and Farmar really folded under pressure. Losing Turiaf to that BS flagrant 2 call didn't help much either. Every player has an off game, and when your back is injured and you put up 33 points, 8 rebounds, and 10 assists, that's a pretty good off game.