Author Topic: 50 Cent Warns Lil' Wayne, No More "Lollipop"  (Read 746 times)

Elano

50 Cent Warns Lil' Wayne, No More "Lollipop"
« on: May 03, 2008, 02:57:16 AM »
50 Cent is the first to admit that his last album Curtis did not live up to expectations. He has even gone so far as to call it a dud on his blog, ThisIs50.com.

Fif attributes his failure to the fact that he directed his material at a female audience." He thinks that Curtis' female driven song, "Amusement Park" was way too similar to "Candy Shop," a single from his previous album, The Massacre.

"I was fascinated with the idea of creating content that was sexual from a male perspective that wasn't obscene and vulgar in any way," 50 told SOHH. "So, I went back to create 'Amusement Park.' The metaphor within 'Amusement Park' and being sexual [and] 'Candy Shop' and being sexual was too close."

According to 50, the public could not accept another female record from him. "If that record came from someone else they would've accepted it like, 'Lollipop,' 50 says of Lil' Wayne's current smash single.

"Because it's the first time that [Wayne is] doing it they go, 'Ok, we like it?' 'Don't we like it?' 'We like Wayne right?' And they agree to do it but he won't be able to do that again."

50 does not think that Lil' Wayne can repeat the success of "Lollipop" with another sexual song. "[If] he comes back with another record that has that type of vibe then they're just gonna go, 'Ok, same thing again'."

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50 Cent Warns Lil' Wayne, No More "Lollipop"
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 03:00:40 AM »
**Yawn.

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 03:04:25 AM »
realy hate lil wayne bullshit music rap would be better than him ... 50 please end lil waynes career ;D

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 04:38:04 AM »
All the jibba jabba this dude does, he tends to drop some interesting points!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Al Bundy

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 05:00:40 AM »
he's mad that he didn't think of it himself. every human being with a pussy attached to themselves has liked lollipop since I shown them the song over a month ago.

Matty

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 05:26:14 AM »
he's wrong on that. amusement park was just crap, nothing to do with it being similar to candy shop or nuttin. candy shop had a bangin' beat when scott storch was still a good producer...

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 05:27:08 AM »
Candy Shop was actually bangin - better than Lollipop.

kemizt

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 05:42:30 AM »
Lol at 50 realising that just now. Everybody and their mama knew how corny, recycled and shitty Amumsement Park was. I don't know how the hell he expected that to blow up. Candy Shop had a banging beat from Storch, with Dre's mixing and 50's flow was fast paced and sharp. Hook was the only thing that was cheesy.

He's right about Wayne though, that Lollipop track is so cheesy (chours is the shit though) that it's only once in a liftime that it blows up like it did. Although 50's not the one to talk; I Like The Way She Do It is another female oriiented track, it's way better than AP but still.

smegma

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 05:49:40 AM »
50 Cent is the first to admit that his last album Curtis did not live up to expectations. He has even gone so far as to call it a dud on his blog, ThisIs50.com.

Fif attributes his failure to the fact that he directed his material at a female audience." He thinks that Curtis' female driven song, "Amusement Park" was way too similar to "Candy Shop," a single from his previous album, The Massacre.

"I was fascinated with the idea of creating content that was sexual from a male perspective that wasn't obscene and vulgar in any way," 50 told SOHH. "So, I went back to create 'Amusement Park.' The metaphor within 'Amusement Park' and being sexual [and] 'Candy Shop' and being sexual was too close."

According to 50, the public could not accept another female record from him. "If that record came from someone else they would've accepted it like, 'Lollipop,' 50 says of Lil' Wayne's current smash single.

"Because it's the first time that [Wayne is] doing it they go, 'Ok, we like it?' 'Don't we like it?' 'We like Wayne right?' And they agree to do it but he won't be able to do that again."

50 does not think that Lil' Wayne can repeat the success of "Lollipop" with another sexual song. "[If] he comes back with another record that has that type of vibe then they're just gonna go, 'Ok, same thing again'."

-1 for posting crap

Blood$

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 09:12:01 AM »
^^LOL

Candy Shop was actually bangin - better than Lollipop.

yeah I agree, when that came out I was feelin' it... of course now it's too overplayed for me and I can't stand it now like many of 50's singles haha

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 09:31:02 AM »

He's right about Wayne though, that Lollipop track is so cheesy (chours is the shit though) that it's only once in a liftime that it blows up like it did. Although 50's not the one to talk; I Like The Way She Do It is another female oriiented track, it's way better than AP but still.

D~Nice

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 09:35:10 AM »
50 just trying to bait Wayne into dissing him.

Lunatic

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 09:37:02 AM »
someone oughta warn 50 about that wack ass amusement park crap ;D  lol jks
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 10:07:17 AM »
i wish 50 would just shut up and fight him.

D~Nice

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 10:09:14 AM »
someone oughta warn 50 about that wack ass amusement park crap ;D  lol jks

Yeah 50 be killing me when he talks about that song. Like he re invented the wheel or something on making a song like that. LL was doing that when Curtis was getting in cypher battles back in the day on the corner.