Author Topic: New Kurupt Track: "Gangsta" [AUDIO] Not your typical Kurupt Track  (Read 1477 times)

Johnny B

Re: New Kurupt Track: "Gangsta" [AUDIO] Not your typical Kurupt Track
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2008, 04:20:07 AM »
Maybe it was just me but I thought Same Day Different Shit was bangin. But yeah I am feeling the new track. Laid Back.

I liked it too

one of my favorite Kurupt albums

yea, this album is starting to grow on me a little bit.

Outlaw ANOTHA

• 'G'
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2008, 05:15:35 AM »
Loving this joint  8) 8) 8)

hrsmn_london

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2008, 11:03:08 AM »
It would be great for Kurupt to drop another classic.

I think he had too many guests on Space Boogie.

D-Stress

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2008, 12:01:58 PM »
good track.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2008, 12:17:57 PM »
but kurupt murdered soopafly on no vaseline part 2 IMO
one of the best diss traccs to be put out period
murdered bad azz, soopafly, daz and snoop dogg!!!

He is getting back on track.  His first step was bowing down and apologizing to Soopafly for calling him "Soopabitch".  Fly slaughtered him on that "Talkin 'Bout Riccy" track, and ever since then, Kurupt's been trying to get back in the good graces of the DPG.  And it has payed off, as now Kurupt is back to making good music again, and he no longer has to be constantly watching his back to see if Fly would pimp slap him....I think that's why he didn't make good music during that time, he was too nervous in the booth thinking Fly was going to come down through the ceiling tiles or come out through the air vent and woop on him in the middle of a session.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2008, 12:48:26 PM »

He murdered Daz, Bad Azz and Snoop, but didn't really say anything about Fly other than calling him "Soopabitch", which is nothing really.

I like it when he says "Daz, wack as raps, wack ass rapper, goofy fat ass".  That line had me rolling the first time i heard it.

And when he talked about snoop "lookin gay with those fake ass Bootsy glasses".  That was classic too, as it was so true.  When I opened that Doggystyle All-Stars booklet, I was like WTF is Snoop doing?  Every year he tries to be someone else...that year it was Bootsy, now it's Willie Nelson....dude needs to just be himself.

But he didn't touch Fly at all on that song.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2008, 01:16:42 PM »
yeah I agree he didnt speak on soopafly that much but the fuck that soopaflys name was mentioned in that classic diss tracc is classic on its own.  and tha row (yall hoes) is classic too
spider, eastwood, gangsta ridd
soopafly fuck you
daz dilinger fuck
snoop dogg fuck you (and other version where eastwood says eat a dicc)
bad azz know jaws get broken

He murdered Daz, Bad Azz and Snoop, but didn't really say anything about Fly other than calling him "Soopabitch", which is nothing really.

I like it when he says "Daz, wack as raps, wack ass rapper, goofy fat ass".  That line had me rolling the first time i heard it.

And when he talked about snoop "lookin gay with those fake ass Bootsy glasses".  That was classic too, as it was so true.  When I opened that Doggystyle All-Stars booklet, I was like WTF is Snoop doing?  Every year he tries to be someone else...that year it was Bootsy, now it's Willie Nelson....dude needs to just be himself.

But he didn't touch Fly at all on that song.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2008, 01:20:21 PM »
Well, i think it's common knowledge kurupt is scared of Soopafly, but i think he felt like he had to at least mention Fly's name in the song, I mean, it'd be pretty obvious if he left his name out after dissing the rest of the DPG.  I think that's why he barely spoke on Fly.  That way, if Fly would have found him on the streets, there would have been less that kurupt would have had to apologize for.  The fact that Soopafly referred to Kurupt by his real name "Ricardo Brown" is a huge diss itself.  Kurupt was too scared to call Fly by his real name.  And that's real talk right there.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2008, 01:23:04 PM »
some real shit but at the end of the day honestly speakin (no hate, not takin sides)
kurupt could and prolly to this day will murder soopafly lyrically let alone daz, bad azz, and snoopy collins!
not hatin on soopafly or anyone but lyically kuurpt eats muthafuckas up.  that talkin bout riccy wasnt that good IMO and wasnt near to hurtin kurupt.  by not releasin a heater soopafly made himself look bad, cuz no vaseline is str8 heat and gots to be one of the best if not the best diss tracc for that era and this era period! 

Well, i think it's common knowledge kurupt is scared of Soopafly, but i think he felt like he had to at least mention Fly's name in the song, I mean, it'd be pretty obvious if he left his name out after dissing the rest of the DPG.  I think that's why he barely spoke on Fly.  That way, if Fly would have found him on the streets, there would have been less that kurupt would have had to apologize for.  The fact that Soopafly referred to Kurupt by his real name "Ricardo Brown" is a huge diss itself.  Kurupt was too scared to call Fly by his real name.  And that's real talk right there.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 01:25:42 PM by enyce »
Cube

DonCorleone187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2008, 11:12:04 PM »
this is a really good track

DonCorleone187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2008, 11:37:15 PM »
Kurupts def. been taking steps in the right direction lately.  He's getting back his musical integrity.

that was well put musical integrity

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2008, 01:30:01 AM »
props fo the link mack

Okka

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2008, 01:38:11 AM »

Oh please, Soopafly's pimp hand is like a diamond. Nothing is harder than that.  When one slaps as many hoes as Soopafly has in his lifetime, you are bound to develop hard hands.  Of course, he might have just pistol whipped him instead, no one will ever know for sure what was going on in the head of the genius that is Fly.

:D

Props mayne +1

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2008, 05:41:15 AM »
some real shit but at the end of the day honestly speakin (no hate, not takin sides)
kurupt could and prolly to this day will murder soopafly lyrically let alone daz, bad azz, and snoopy collins!
not hatin on soopafly or anyone but lyically kuurpt eats muthafuckas up.  that talkin bout riccy wasnt that good IMO and wasnt near to hurtin kurupt.  by not releasin a heater soopafly made himself look bad, cuz no vaseline is str8 heat and gots to be one of the best if not the best diss tracc for that era and this era period! 

Props for keeping this discussion civilized...it's cool to disagree.  Actually, I agree that lyrically, the kurupt of old (and maybe new now) is probaby a little better than Fly, simply because Fly isn't know for being overly lyrical, he's known for coming hard on hoes, which Soopa does better than anyone.  Kurupt spends 2-3 hours in the studio with a pen and paper trying to think of words that rhyme with "terradactyl" and "thunderdome".  And that's cool, that's what he does.  But Soopafly doesn't have time to sit there and think of all these complex rhymes.  He's out in the streets slapping his hoes around who tried to hold back more than the 10% of their money.  By the time he gets done checking all his hoes, he's gotta rush to the studio and just drop a rhyme off the top of his head, so he's at a slight disadvantage there.

Also, for the record, No Vaseline 2 was never officially released either, as most people outside the internet have never heard of that song.  But I think Soopafly didn't officially release his song because he didn't want to give kurupt any more exposure.  The song was directed at Kurupt, and he heard it, and that was all Fly cared about at the time.

But in an actual fight, Fly would woop on kurupt, for real, i know he would...unless kurupt was strung out on drugs that day, because those crack fiends seem like they are invincible sometimes.

Big Magus

• Lil Geezy
  • KILLAFORNIA BABY!!!!!
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2008, 07:20:56 AM »
This song is fucking tight!!! Thnx man!

Magus
www.thawasteland.com

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]