Author Topic: Stat Quo Interview Part 1 online  (Read 207 times)

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
Stat Quo Interview Part 1 online
« on: May 09, 2008, 07:40:53 AM »
"Statlanta is finished, I'm working on another record..."

Forget about everything you think you know about Southern rap and open your ears to the new sound of the A-Town. "Everything I do is different from what's going on right now," says Stat Quo matter-of-factly. And Shady/Aftermath's newest recruit isn't just blowing hot air. Although his name may suggest the average, Shady/Aftermath Records' first southern artist is anything but.

""I will never ever say anything that would disrespect Dr. Dre, Eminem, Paul Rosenberg...""

Aftermath Music recently caught up with Stat Quo for an exclusive interview. We talked about album Statlanta, new projects, mixtapes, his future plans, Aftermath, Shady and Dr. Dre`s Detox. Find out about all of these topics and much more by reading the interview.

Interview Part 1 auf www.Aftermathmusic.com

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
Re: Stat Quo Interview Part 1 online
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 10:12:44 AM »
yea man stat's one of the most talented muthafuckers out in RAP today..

but he's stuck in a situation he cant do nothing about, what do you do when you sign a contract with a record company that at that moment is like yeah well put your album out and i know your a winner one of the best ive ever heared a star and i wanna pay you to be apart of this franchise"
and they no longer wanna support your project because of the Record Industry failing as a business right now

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 01:53:52 PM »
EPs were way more profitable back in the day though... nowadays most people dont even know what an EP is.

As far as cutting down songs, they were saying that if an album has 10, they like 8, or if it has 15, they like 10, etc. Which is why they're making the rationalziation of cutting out the worst stuff. But why not just make more music? Usually when people hear double albums they say they could be near classic if they were one disc: so the answer is simple, instead of cutting out the worst stuff, make more good stuff. When I burn a CD I always use all 1.2 hours, and put the strongest songs I can think of. I'm never not satisfied, nor do I think "gee, I like X number of songs on this CD"  ::)

Putting less songs and making it cost less money could also work too though

Matty

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 02:36:56 PM »
that 'new single' is a joke. thats at least 1 garbage track if thats on/supposed to be on the album now, not that its ever getting an official release anyway. stat needs to leak it all!

Chad Vader

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 02:45:06 PM »
Aftermathmusic.com:
Yeah, I said 10 because like there was a time everybody said "Yeah, I'm gonna do 14 tracks just like on that" now you're saying 10, I was like okay, where's that 10 coming from?
Stat Quo:
Well, not really - me and Dre we had a conversation and he was saying , You now you down to 10 songs, you ain't gonna never have 'em. So it don't make sense to put all that extra shit - you know, most people when you go through an album people be like "I like eight songs" or if it's 15, "I like 10 songs." So why don't you cut out the shit that people don't like?
Aftermathmusic.com:
You know why? Because - I used to have a record store - and I notice that if they don't know the artist and they see 12 songs they'd be like "why should I pay this much money for 12 songs?" You know, it's like a mind things sometimes.
Stat Quo:
Okay, but if you put a single out that's incredible and people are on your movement, they're gonna pay whatever, if there's fucking 4 songs on that shit.

^^^^^ Iīm fine with just 10 cuts,but cut the price down to 3$ retail.... then weīre talking. ^^^^
It comes down to this,either you accept making less than you used to or not making any money at all  :P :P  ;)

But Dedicato you could be onto something;
If you take for ex. the
100 Miles and Runninī EP (1.081.109) VS the Niggaz4Life album(1.869.076)
But it ainīt that bad  ;),I mean thereīs 5 cuts on the EP VS the album with 18 cuts.
Sure the 13 extra cuts might have pushed another 800.000  :P,
but they did two videoīs... so overall I donīt think they made that much more money.  :P ;)
Re: The ultimate N.W.A family interview thread *magazine scans,reviews etc.*
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=150824.msg1801013#msg1801013
NWA Reunion? in Rap Pages February 1998

anyway fuck sales  :P ;)

EPs were way more profitable back in the day though... nowadays most people dont even know what an EP is.

As far as cutting down songs, they were saying that if an album has 10, they like 8, or if it has 15, they like 10, etc.
Which is why they're making the rationalziation of cutting out the worst stuff.
But why not just make more music?
Usually when people hear double albums they say they could be near classic if they were one disc:
so the answer is simple, instead of cutting out the worst stuff, make more good stuff.
When I burn a CD I always use all 1.2 hours, and put the strongest songs I can think of.
I'm never not satisfied, nor do I think "gee, I like X number of songs on this CD"  ::)

Putting less songs and making it cost less money could also work too though

-this is what I figure,why not release a "leftover" ep/album around a half year after the "official" release,
with no promotion or video,the die hard fans will pick it up regardless and you keep your name out there.
Since you donīt promote it,it wont conflict with the official album youīre promoting to the mainstream.
And you might be able to put cuts on,that fucks like "Jimmy Iovine" donīt "allow" you to on your mainstream album.

that 'new single' is a joke.
thats at least 1 garbage track if thats on/supposed to be on the album now, not that its ever getting an official release anyway.
stat needs to leak it all!

I like Stat,but that song is the worst piece of shit Iīve heard.  :P :-X
Itīs up there with "Sexual Seduction","Ice,Ice Baby" and "Hammer Time"  :P :P :-\ :-X

Correct if Iīm wrong,but that track is meant for his "new" album,not the Statlanta/Aftermath album right?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 09:47:57 PM by Chad Vader Supporter of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Matty

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 06:18:37 PM »
could be. releasing a single for an album coming after an album which hasn't itself been released yet would have to be some kind of new marketing technique though! :laugh:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 01:45:07 AM »
thanks for the interview  ;)

i appreciate his honesty and his maturity.

could be. releasing a single for an album coming after an album which hasn't itself been released yet would have to be some kind of new marketing technique though! :laugh:
;D

that's some crazy shit indeed  :laugh:

you'd expect him to come up with new (warmup) singles Statlanta and work on his new album ( but not on singles for a new album  ::) ).
or put mixtapes/streetalbums out to keep his name out there  :P

it may take a while before he really leaks the album though ( assuming that he's being honest), due to his contract.
i don't see him leaking the album while he's still signed  ;)

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 09:49:47 AM »
But Dedicato you could be onto something;
If you take for ex. the
100 Miles and Runninī EP (1.081.109) VS the Niggaz4Life album(1.869.076)
But it ainīt that bad  ;),I mean thereīs 5 cuts on the EP VS the album with 18 cuts.
Sure the 13 extra cuts might have pushed another 800.000  :P,
but they did two videoīs... so overall I donīt think they made that much more money.  :P ;)

anyway fuck sales  :P ;)

;) right