Author Topic: DMX said he named the album The Great Depression  (Read 545 times)

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
DMX said he named the album The Great Depression
« on: November 09, 2001, 05:47:32 AM »
Last Thursday night industry heads were guests at a listening session for DMX’s fourth solo project, The Great Depression. The much-anticipated LP, to be released on Def Jam/ Blood Line Records, is set to hit a store near you on September 25.

Since the session’s onset DJ Kay Slay, the host of the event, was spinning an assortment of Def Jam hits, from Jigga to Ludacris. Even though the guest of honor was a no-show, he was well represented by his homeboys from Yonkers, NY.

At approximately 7:30 p.m., the sky blue walls of Manhattan’s National Video/Recording Studio were scattered with Hip-Hop heads who seemed more fixated on the soul food being served than X’s old joints being spun by Slay. A cameraman, dressed in a Pelle Pelle palm tree shirt, began to set up, to capture all the mingling and girls jingling. At the same moment, one of the first Def Jam heavyweights, Kevin Liles, president of Def Jam/Def Soul, walked in the room. Immediately followed by Julie Greewald, senior vice president of marketing at Island Def Jam Music Group.

Slay continued to play host as he coyly unveiled the meaning behind the album’s title. According to the evening’s leader, “DMX said he named the album The Great Depression because a lot of n-----s been eatin’ since he left. But with this album, things gonna change.” After Slay’s brief comment, folks resumed parlaying, that is until Busta Rhymes walked in. Busta made his way through the maze of people, giving a pound to anyone he recognized. X’s “Ruff Ryder’s Anthem,” bumped loudly as Busta leaned up against a chair, only to be immediately surrounded by a human barricade.

At 8:30 p.m. the new album was finally unleashed with X’s signature in-your-face, gruff vocals and delivery. As the night got longer, Hip-Hop legend DJ Red Alert arrived on the scene, greeting practically everyone in sight.

“He’s been in the game for a real long while,” said Pro, an up-and-coming emcee. As the album drew to an end, all in attendance began to disperse with their bellies full of soul and an earful of bark.

At first listen DMX’s The Great Depression isn’t as profound as his first album, but it’s certainly on par with his latter projects. The upcoming joint features collaborations with Stephanie Mills, Faith Evans and Drag-On, among others.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Hittman

Re: DMX said he named the album The Great Depressi
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2001, 07:45:35 AM »
DMX - Bleugh.  ;D

SugeFight

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2001, 09:52:47 AM »
“He’s been in the game for a real long while,” said Pro, an up-and-coming emcee. As the album drew to an end, all in attendance began to disperse with their bellies full of soul and an earful of bark.>>

He's been in the game a "real long while"--I must've missed something.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2001, 04:35:00 PM »

“He’s been in the game for a real long while,” said Pro, an up-and-coming emcee. As the album drew to an end, all in attendance began to disperse with their bellies full of soul and an earful of bark.>>

He's been in the game a "real long while"--I must've missed something.

i think he was there back the days... the doggystyle days... with angel is black n hell is hott .... i don't remember  but ya know what i'mmm sayin
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-