Author Topic: Preist Speaks Out - Obama, Wright, Farrakhan, MLK Jr, etc...  (Read 123 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Excellent interview. An educated and well informed priest lets a fox news reporter know that he sees through their spin and sets the record straight regarding some people severely demonized by the media. Absolutely amazing that fox actually put this on its website. Sure would be great if they broadcast it on tv.

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?videoId=1fd1c0cf-5c80-4d75-996f-bd53b2461ae0&sMPlaylistID

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Preist Speaks Out - Obama, Wright, Farrakhan, MLK Jr, etc...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 03:41:46 AM »
Here is a perfect example of fox news/bill o'reilly spin. watch how bill picks and chooses what to respond to. its mostly certain phrases taken out of context and distorted. Completely irresponsible behavior for a "news" channel, especially one that claims to be "fair and balanced."

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 04:08:26 PM »
How are they spinning anything when they have the entire video up on their website? No cable news show has time to play an entire 15 minute interview.

But that priest is an idiot. He conveniently dodges the questions about the hate filled remarks made by Jeremiah Wright and Louis Farrakhan. When asked about their specific comments, the priest says in the video that he never heard either of them make those remarks. Well, that doesn't change the fact that they were said and that they are documented on video.

Father Pflegler is just a left wing radical himself so of course he tries to defend those two idiots. But no priest should associate himself with people who preach hatred and anti American views.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 04:11:20 PM by Real American »

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 07:23:03 PM »
It is spin though, buddy. Just because they are a cable tv show doesn't mean they aren't spinning it. Play the interview in its entirety or at least represent it the right way if you're gonna edit it for time. O'Reilly has a penchant (as does all of fox news) for taking quotes out of context and completely distorting the message being conveyed. The priest is clearly a smart and informed guy and he hasn't bought into the bullshit slants and smear campaigns that the major news outlets (especially fox) are trying to run. Take enough sound bytes out of context and you can make anybody think a guy was saying almost anything. he has an excellent point about the media painting pictures of people as the media wishes to achieve whatever it is that their agenda is. Interesting that this white guy is good friends with these two black men who are supposedly the biggest black racists in America.

Regarding the anti American comment, there is a major distinction between recognizing when your own have done wrong and admitting it and being anti American. If the government does some dirty shit and I point it out, that doesn't make me anti american. if I say I hate the government, that does not make me anti american. Remember this is OUR government, we are NOT the governments people. We are America's people, not the government's people.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 07:24:45 PM by Turf Hitta »