Author Topic: Nas "Lost Tapes"-more like "Lost Fans"  (Read 1097 times)

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
Re: Nas "Lost Tapes"-more like "Lost Fans"
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2002, 04:34:28 PM »
King Suge is just a Nas hater..............he has cursing in his songs, big deal?? If you dont like cursing in your songs, tell me this: WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU LISTENING TO HIP HOP?? Goddamn........

Lol-herb.  My obvious point was one shouldnt call themselves "God's son" and be all religous--and then put out the kinda albums he does.  And whoever said Nas calls himself "God's son" cos hes the "Jesus Christ of rap"--could that statement BE any more sacreligious??!??  Oh yah-Peter Gabriel's new album outsold Nas...i got 3 letters for that-- L. O. L.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2002, 04:46:04 PM »
Rakim is also called "The God"... Nas is/was viewed as many as the one to take Rakims place as top MC... so perhaps there's a different meaning there.

anyways... i'd like to see lost tapes sell well, but either way it's a dope LP.
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2002, 04:53:31 PM »

Lol-herb.  My obvious point was one shouldnt call themselves "God's son" and be all religous--and then put out the kinda albums he does.  And whoever said Nas calls himself "God's son" cos hes the "Jesus Christ of rap"--could that statement BE any more sacreligious??!??  Oh yah-Peter Gabriel's new album outsold Nas...i got 3 letters for that-- L. O. L.

Herb?? Hahaha, you're the only herb here kid. You the one sitting here acting like record sales make an artist. I suppose you think N'Sync is better than Nas, because they sold more, right?? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2002, 05:09:42 PM »
Oh yah-Peter Gabriel's new album outsold Nas...i got 3 letters for that-- L. O. L.

What the hell is so funny about that?

S.G.V.

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2002, 08:46:49 PM »
Rakim is also called "The God"... Nas is/was viewed as many as the one to take Rakims place as top MC... so perhaps there's a different meaning there.

anyways... i'd like to see lost tapes sell well, but either way it's a dope LP.

i dont see nas being on that level...i just dont see nas as a good lyricist at all....never have and never will

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2002, 09:15:12 PM »

i dont see nas being on that level...i just dont see nas as a good lyricist at all....never have and never will

With that statement, Ill assume you've never listened to Illmatic before. Illmatic changed the art of emceeing like no other album. That cd is ENDLESSLY quotable.

S.G.V.

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2002, 05:53:13 AM »

With that statement, Ill assume you've never listened to Illmatic before. Illmatic changed the art of emceeing like no other album. That cd is ENDLESSLY quotable.

u know what happens when ur a assume?...u make an ASS out of U and ME...but in this case u made an ass of just urself...i have heard Illmatic...and though its a good album i hold it in this high pedestal that many people do....i never bought into nas' bullshit...to me he always bit styles of people like KRS-One, Rakim and Kool G Rap....he tried to emulate them...now all of a sudden he tries to mimic Pac....to me Illmatic was nowhere near as landmark as KRS' "Blueprint"...Nas is far from an emcee....all of the "freestyles" u hear from nas are not freestyles....if he went heads with a real emcee like Supernatural he would get eaten....if he dared to step to Aceyalone he get smashed on....nas battles jayz and he becomes this staple of mc....to me thats bullshit....

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2002, 05:57:50 AM »
Nas is far from an emcee....nas battles jayz and he becomes this staple of mc

::)   Those are some silly statements.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2002, 04:37:14 AM »

Nas is far from an emcee....all of the "freestyles" u hear from nas are not freestyles....if he went heads with a real emcee like Supernatural he would get eaten....if he dared to step to Aceyalone he get smashed on....nas battles jayz and he becomes this staple of mc....to me thats bullshit....

Lol, i'm not being funny man but that coming from a big Master P fan is laughable to me. Nas is an MC, a great one at that, he's never been a great freestyler but so what, he's still a great lyracist when it comes to writing songs, and thats the most important thing because he's an album MC. If you don't consider Nas an MC then you really don't know much about what it takes to be an MC imo. Nas was inspired by alot of great MC's, such as Rakim and you can see that plain and clear in his music, he admits that and is proud of that so whats the problem? And it may seem to you like Nas has gained alot of fans since his battle with Jay but I can say for myself that I have always been a huge Nas fan and i've always considered him one of the best.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Sikotic™

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2002, 11:51:45 AM »
I copped it yesterday and this is some ill shit. Fuck the haters.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

S.G.V.

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2002, 08:52:11 PM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1033510974;start=20#38 date=10/05/02 at 09:37:14]

Lol, i'm not being funny man but that coming from a big Master P fan is laughable to me. Nas is an MC, a great one at that, he's never been a great freestyler but so what, he's still a great lyracist when it comes to writing songs, and thats the most important thing because he's an album MC. If you don't consider Nas an MC then you really don't know much about what it takes to be an MC imo. Nas was inspired by alot of great MC's, such as Rakim and you can see that plain and clear in his music, he admits that and is proud of that so whats the problem? And it may seem to you like Nas has gained alot of fans since his battle with Jay but I can say for myself that I have always been a huge Nas fan and i've always considered him one of the best.

i love how u swear u know all about hip hop....yea im a big master p fan...what about it?....dont mean i dont know whats up...fuck that shit....muthafucker i been listening to hip hop before u knew what hip hop was...i do not limit myself...i bump master p, chino xl, freestyle fellowship, brotha lynch, bootleg, playa fly, abstract rude, saafir, coup...i can go on....so dont talk to me about what an emcee is or not...u refer to nas as an mc...thats what he is an mc...it takes something special to be an emcee....and nas doesnt have it....u want a good emcee?...u listen to Supernatural, Chino XL, Talib Kweli, Pharoahe Monch, Crooked I, Aceyalone, Mikah 9, Rasco(no not Roscoe), Planet Asia, Sly Boogie....those are emcees...and each and every last one of them would eat nas up and spit him back out....so dont even try to tell me i dont know what a good emcee is or not...shit.....

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2002, 09:01:24 PM »
^^^I cant believe my eyes. Did you just say Nas aint an MC? Did you say Master P is an MC, but Nas isnt?? You've officially lost all credibility..........everyone, dont mind S.G.V......with some of the statements he just made, its impossible to take anything he says seriously from this moment on.

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Nas
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2002, 09:47:46 PM »
jus ignore queen suge
Exactly.

90,000 is alot better than what King-Suge's label is pushing nowadays...
lol!

Nas...he has cursing in his songs, big deal?? If you dont like cursing in your songs, tell me this: WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU LISTENING TO HIP HOP?? Goddamn.
LOL!

You the one sitting here acting like record sales make an artist. I suppose you think N'Sync is better than Nas, because they sold more, right?? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE.
LMAO!

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Nas is dope, unlike Suge's bitch (King-Suge)!
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2002, 09:49:46 PM »
Nas-biased:
Hellrazor
Euthanasia
Cliche
Tom
Teecee
C2Knuckles
You can add me to that list. ;D

Blueprint- 2 mics
Stillmatic- 5 mics
In my humble opinion...
Blueprint - 4 mics
Stillmatic - 4˝ mics

Nastradamous is better than just about anything cash money has put out.
Cash Money has never put anything good out.

Nas...even did a video mocking Jesus' crucifixion.  Id slap him in the mouth if I saw him.
That video wasn't mocking Jesus' crucifixation, you dumbass. And, you wouldn't do shit to Nas if you saw him.

Yeah, that's what I heard, that Nas calls himself "God's Son" because he was the heir to Rakim's throne.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2002, 01:40:35 AM »

i love how u swear u know all about hip hop....yea im a big master p fan...what about it?....dont mean i dont know whats up...fuck that shit....muthafucker i been listening to hip hop before u knew what hip hop was...i do not limit myself...i bump master p, chino xl, freestyle fellowship, brotha lynch, bootleg, playa fly, abstract rude, saafir, coup...i can go on....so dont talk to me about what an emcee is or not...u refer to nas as an mc...thats what he is an mc...it takes something special to be an emcee....and nas doesnt have it....u want a good emcee?...u listen to Supernatural, Chino XL, Talib Kweli, Pharoahe Monch, Crooked I, Aceyalone, Mikah 9, Rasco(no not Roscoe), Planet Asia, Sly Boogie....those are emcees...and each and every last one of them would eat nas up and spit him back out....so dont even try to tell me i dont know what a good emcee is or not...shit.....

So you know me personally then huh? You know for a fact you knew what hip-hop was before me? I've practically grown up on not only hip-hop but all aspects of urban music, so don't talk to me about limiting myself. I do know hip-hop, thats why i'm here, duh. I won't ever limit myself, I think I have an extensive collection of hip-hop from all coasts and all forms (underground, commercial etc), and out of all the MC's you listed I own a majority of their shit expect for Rasco and Mikah 9. But seriously though, you like Master P yet you don't think Nas is an MC? Thats a fucking joke, you just make yourself come of as a hater. Hip-hop researchers consider Nas as an MC, yet you don't? Hmmm. Just because you think there are better MC's out there doesn't mean that he's not an MC, those are some really stupid statements. But whatever, you have your opinions, we have ours. Lets not dwell on it.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.