Author Topic: Nas "Lost Tapes"-more like "Lost Fans"  (Read 1092 times)

S.G.V.

Re: Nas "Lost Tapes"-more like "Lost Fans"
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2002, 06:53:45 AM »
^^^I cant believe my eyes. Did you just say Nas aint an MC? Did you say Master P is an MC, but Nas isnt?? You've officially lost all credibility..........everyone, dont mind S.G.V......with some of the statements he just made, its impossible to take anything he says seriously from this moment on.

whoa...wait a minute...i didnt p and mc...nto by a long shot...that list of rappers was to prove that i do know what a emcee is and isnt....P, Playa Fly, Bootleg, Lynch and them theyre not emcees...theyre rappers....Chino, Supernat, ab rude and saafir...those are emcees....so before u make a dumb ass comment like that know what was really meant....
>= link=board=outbound;num=1033510974;start=40#44 date=10/06/02 at 06:40:35]

So you know me personally then huh? You know for a fact you knew what hip-hop was before me? I've practically grown up on not only hip-hop but all aspects of urban music, so don't talk to me about limiting myself. I do know hip-hop, thats why i'm here, duh. I won't ever limit myself, I think I have an extensive collection of hip-hop from all coasts and all forms (underground, commercial etc), and out of all the MC's you listed I own a majority of their shit expect for Rasco and Mikah 9. But seriously though, you like Master P yet you don't think Nas is an MC? Thats a fucking joke, you just make yourself come of as a hater. Hip-hop researchers consider Nas as an MC, yet you don't? Hmmm. Just because you think there are better MC's out there doesn't mean that he's not an MC, those are some really stupid statements. But whatever, you have your opinions, we have ours. Lets not dwell on it.

ok so because i like master p and do not think nas is an mc im a hater?....lol...thats plain out stupid....so ur saying anyone in here that likes P doesnt know hip hop?...get over it....if im a hater then i know ur a dick rider...plain and simple...ur fighting ur heart out for nas....silly ass dickriders....and its not that i think theres better emcees out there...I KNOW THERE IS BETTER EMCEES OUT THERE...regardless....i do not consider him an emcee....i dont care who considers him an emcee...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Myrealname

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2002, 07:28:12 AM »
For example, Planet Asia can rip nas with only 1 line.....

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2002, 10:06:45 AM »
Everyone just ignore S.G.V. for now on.....
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2002, 10:12:33 AM »
if being biased towards Nas means i prefer good hip-hop to wack bullshit, then yeah, i guess i am.
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

S.G.V.

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2002, 01:45:05 PM »
Everyone just ignore S.G.V. for now on.....

see i must have touched on vaild points...cuz now ur all bothered....fuckin buster

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2002, 02:26:47 PM »
Illmatic changed the art of emceeing like no other album.

Paid In Full did more.

teecee

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2002, 02:46:26 PM »
SGV, you did make a couple points, but to say that NAS is not an MC is hilarious; if u wanna prove how much u know about hiphop, do not repeate that statement.  There are many types of mc's, just cuz NAs is not a freestyler does not mean shit.  THe fact that u don't see Nas as a good lyricist is also  funny; sure NAS has done some seriously weak shit, but some of the shit is incredible.  Even when he makes a commercial ass song, he raps about important topics and gets deep.  

I got a question? is it cuz Nas is not a punchline rapper like Chino(i admit, one of my favourites) that he is not an mc?  Or that he actaully raps about subjects sometimes?  Tell me honestly why you think Nas is not an mc, ok?  Cuz Rakim was never much of a freestylist either, and he never really battled anyone, yet he is the definitive MC..........let me know what u think, i am not trying to be an asshole, i just want u to clarify what u mean...

S.G.V.

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2002, 03:51:52 PM »
SGV, you did make a couple points, but to say that NAS is not an MC is hilarious; if u wanna prove how much u know about hiphop, do not repeate that statement.  There are many types of mc's, just cuz NAs is not a freestyler does not mean shit.  THe fact that u don't see Nas as a good lyricist is also  funny; sure NAS has done some seriously weak shit, but some of the shit is incredible.  Even when he makes a commercial ass song, he raps about important topics and gets deep.  

I got a question? is it cuz Nas is not a punchline rapper like Chino(i admit, one of my favourites) that he is not an mc?  Or that he actaully raps about subjects sometimes?  Tell me honestly why you think Nas is not an mc, ok?  Cuz Rakim was never much of a freestylist either, and he never really battled anyone, yet he is the definitive MC..........let me know what u think, i am not trying to be an asshole, i just want u to clarify what u mean...

ok at least u come to me in a civil manner....ur exactly right...i dont think of a rapper as an emcee unless they can freestyle...thats just me...freestyling was the essence of hip hop when it started...they were in the parks just freestyling off the top....a real emcee could just drop a verse on the spot if u ask them to...no hesitation....i mean rakim was tight...but i never really got into him....hes not my definition of an emcee either...theres not one emcee out that i consider a definitive emcee(not even my homie with the same exact moniker)....anyway....nas does come with too much commercial bullshit for me to take him serious...also...it dont make u an emcee if u got shit to talk about...cuz trick daddy has alot to say...but i dont consider him an emcee....trick daddy can bust about the govt, about the streets about many things...so does that make him an emcee?...kam has plenty to say but hes not this super emcee(like people paint nas to be)...theres plenty of rappers who rap about important shit...does that make them all emcees?...no i dont think so....hope that cleared it up for u on why i do not think of nas as an emcee

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2002, 09:29:26 PM »
S.G.V., It really doesn't bother me to be labelled a 'dickrider', because at the end of the day I know there's method in why i'm such a big fan and I think if anyone is open minded enough to listen then they would understand that. I've read your points and if thats what you believe then so be it, thats your opinion and it's obviously a strong one and I respect that, I don't understand it, lol, but i'll respect it, but then I and everyone else with an opinion should be respected by you aswell, then maybe we won't get so heated when it comes to topics like this. I'm not in competition with you or anyone else here, i'm just here to discuss the music.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

S.G.V.

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2002, 03:37:12 PM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1033510974;start=40#53 date=10/07/02 at 02:29:26]S.G.V., It really doesn't bother me to be labelled a 'dickrider', because at the end of the day I know there's method in why i'm such a big fan and I think if anyone is open minded enough to listen then they would understand that. I've read your points and if thats what you believe then so be it, thats your opinion and it's obviously a strong one and I respect that, I don't understand it, lol, but i'll respect it, but then I and everyone else with an opinion should be respected by you aswell, then maybe we won't get so heated when it comes to topics like this. I'm not in competition with you or anyone else here, i'm just here to discuss the music.

never said i didnt respect u...but yall called me a hater...which is disrespect to me...but whatever...i dont think nas is an emcee..thats me...

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
Re:Nas "Lost Tapes"-more like "Lost Fans"
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2002, 11:12:25 AM »
so because Nas doesn't show up on mixtapes with freestyles he's not an MC? or what.. because he sure used to freestyle... he was all over J-love's old joints
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2002, 01:52:31 PM »
so because Nas doesn't show up on mixtapes with freestyles he's not an MC? or what.. because he sure used to freestyle... he was all over J-love's old joints

Same goes for Rakim, if you think he can't freestyle, you are sadly mistake.

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Rakim CAN freestyle (...and so can Nas)
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2002, 02:49:12 PM »
Same goes for Rakim, if you think he can't freestyle, you are sadly mistake.
Word, Rakim can freestyle like no other!!!

S.G.V.

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2002, 06:06:21 PM »
cuz nas says himself he cant freestyle..he aint an emcee...never heard rakim free...so i cant speak on him