Author Topic: Nas "Lost Tapes"-more like "Lost Fans"  (Read 1043 times)

Jome

Re: Nas "Lost Tapes"-more like "Lost Fans"
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2002, 08:18:39 PM »
JOME JOME:

Why the fuck am i biased towards NAS?  Cuz he is one of my favourite rappers, has an incredible amount of dope songs, and when he wants to he can still go back to his ILLMATIC form?  Sure, NAs does a lot of dumb shit, but he also has more dope songs than a lot of other people.  He doesn't have to rely on gimmicks (Nore- "WHAT WHAT")or yelling all the time (MOP).  

Nas is the type off hiphop i like cuz he is actualy a new york rapper who doesn't rely on punchlines or being all grimy and yelling and shit.  Sure, his commercial shit usually sucks, but when he drops a cd like LOST TAPES, with no commercial track on it, straight real hiphop, and it sells 90,000 first week with out a video, isn't that pretty good?  Cuz everyone knows true shit does not sell anymore............So get this biased shit out of your fucking head, cuz when my favourite artists fuck up like NAs has many times, or Snoop has many times, or Ras KAss with his pathetic commercial tracks, or Xzibit with his new album, i say something. THats not being BIASED, is it JOME?

LoL, clever.. using some of my favs. against me.
I still think you're biased when it comes to Jigga vs. Nas, not counting other artists.

On the topic though:
I don't care if you label Nas as a MC or a rapper, it really don't matter.
But he can't freestyle, that's for sure - even if it seems so, it's all pre-written.
But he still makes some great music now and then, and that's what counts.
I'm kinda sceptical to his new album though..  :-\
« Last Edit: October 12, 2002, 08:30:20 PM by Jome »

S.G.V.

Re:SGV
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2002, 01:58:56 AM »
cuz nas says himself he cant freestyle
::)
That's bull$#!+.
no its not...ur just uninformed....i heard it with my own ears homie...Wake Up Show with Sway N Tech....nas said it himself...."na i dont freestyle...i can write something real quik tho"

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Sway
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2002, 03:42:39 PM »
cuz nas says himself he cant freestyle
That's bull$#!+.
no its not...ur just uninformed....i heard it with my own ears homie...Wake Up Show with Sway N Tech....nas said it himself...."na i dont freestyle...i can write something real quik tho"
All right, well, maybe I spoke too soon.

=[Euthanasia]=

Re:Nas "Lost Tapes"-more like "Lost Fans"
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2002, 05:39:41 AM »
To be honest I don't think there's many great freestylers out there anymore, and anyone that thinks their fav. MC's haven't spitten something pre-written before are nieve. Even if they've only used half of the pre-written shit and made up the rest that's just as bad. Great freestylers are the ones that can take normal things like a pen, or a cup, things just lying around and make shit up off the top of their heads, you don't see many like that anymore.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

S.G.V.

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2002, 09:50:20 AM »
To be honest I don't think there's many great freestylers out there anymore, and anyone that thinks their fav. MC's haven't spitten something pre-written before are nieve. Even if they've only used half of the pre-written shit and made up the rest that's just as bad. Great freestylers are the ones that can take normal things like a pen, or a cup, things just lying around and make shit up off the top of their heads, you don't see many like that anymore.
Supernatural, Ab Rude, Evidence, Irescience, Gift Of Gab, 2Mex...theyre the best at freestylin as far as im concerned...they can bust off the top about anything

S.G.V.

« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2002, 09:51:22 AM »
Supernatural, Ab Rude, Evidence, Irescience, Gift Of Gab, 2Mex...theyre the best at freestylin as far as im concerned...they can bust off the top about anything

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2002, 02:29:10 AM »
S.G.V., u were so excited about that you had to post it twice, lol  ;D

Like I said man, there's very few MC's out there that are able to do that kind of 'off the top of my head' freestyling nowadays, there's less than people seem to think anyways.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2002, 12:36:07 PM »
He doesn't have to rely on gimmicks (Nore- "WHAT WHAT")or yelling all the time (MOP).  

Thats like sayin Nas is always tired and unable to bring some emotions in his tracks.
M.O.P. got a very own style and their voices are perfect for this style so whats wrong with that?

Jome

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2002, 03:14:18 PM »
He doesn't have to rely on gimmicks (Nore- "WHAT WHAT")or yelling all the time (MOP).  

Thats like sayin Nas is always tired and unable to bring some emotions in his tracks.
M.O.P. got a very own style and their voices are perfect for this style so whats wrong with that?

yea, w0rd
Nas sometimes sounds like he's falling asleep some times, much like Snoop (when he is on cameo #300.000) and on the other side MOP is just raw and commited.
Yo Teecee, do you actually mean that M.O.P.s raw ultra-amped style is a gimmick??
If you want to call it screaming, then fine that's on you.
Nobody is forcing you to listen to them.
I like both Nas, Snoop & M.O.P, but they all on some different shit.
I don't put on M.O.P-records when I wanna kick back and listen to some smooth shit.

And Nore got more than "What What".
All rappers have some special trademarks:

Nore: What, what. Undadig, off the helzebub, Slime, etc. special slang.
He got a whole dictionary of street-slang.
M.O.P.: What the fuck, what the fuck huh? Nigga!! Aha. aha. Fiiiiiire!!! First Faaaaamiiilyyyy!!
Just some special trademarks, and this is just "outro trademarks" to the songs, much like Xzibit got the "ghetto bird" and Snoop got the "Biaaaatch!!"

So what? All rappers got it!! Doesn't mean that it's a gimmick.

S.G.V.

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2002, 09:32:08 PM »
S.G.V., u were so excited about that you had to post it twice, lol  ;D

Like I said man, there's very few MC's out there that are able to do that kind of 'off the top of my head' freestyling nowadays, there's less than people seem to think anyways.
yes...yes i was...na but its cuz the damn thang take forever and i get impatient so i press the button til it goes

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2002, 01:50:33 PM »
I suppose most NAS fans(just as myself in the not-so-far past) tend to miss his main weakness, many people are\were trying to define what is it NAS does when he reaches his lowest points, some called it "falling short on trying to create crossover singles"<< (B.S tired- reviewer remark), others said "incosistentcy"<< (too generalizing )etc. NAS's main- most practical problem is in his writing, not as a whole but at one very important criteria without which his tracks will remain unprofesionally critisized....NAS's problem is in lyrical structuring and construction, not in punchlines, not in imagery,neither in topicz he pickz(it never is) and of course not in his truelly amazing vocal skillz, his flawz are mainlly in the process of building and forming his poemz and songs...He simply is having hard time in expressing himself wholisticlly, when his material starts to sound as if it was rapped by a group of people meerly conected one to the other....yea, with time NAS learned how to polish things up and how to make it smoother, how to gimmick it up in nice so called "deep"-package reps that apealed to heads that gladlly recognized all of NASz enormous potensial and existing tallentz...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2002, 01:53:57 PM by I TO DA GEEZY »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

teecee

« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2002, 03:15:41 PM »
S.G.V., according to your definition, i guess Nas is not an MC. However, to say someone is not an MC becasue they don't freestyle all the time is like saying Shaq isn't a basketball player cuz he can't dribble or Stockton isn't a basketball player cuz he can't dunk.

Bottom line, whether you like Nas or not, at least half the time he talks about something.  Sure, he doesn't have a ton of emotion or whatever, but he writes songs that say something.  All these so-called freestyle artists have a tough time making a good song, as do a lot of battle mc's.  

S.G.V.

« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2002, 07:35:50 PM »
S.G.V., according to your definition, i guess Nas is not an MC. However, to say someone is not an MC becasue they don't freestyle all the time is like saying Shaq isn't a basketball player cuz he can't dribble or Stockton isn't a basketball player cuz he can't dunk.

Bottom line, whether you like Nas or not, at least half the time he talks about something.  Sure, he doesn't have a ton of emotion or whatever, but he writes songs that say something.  All these so-called freestyle artists have a tough time making a good song, as do a lot of battle mc's.  
i dont agree with the shaq and stockton analogies....basket ball wasnt about dribbling or dunking when it was first invented it was about gettin the ball in the hoop...hip hop was all about freestyling off the top when it was invented....but i think dialated peoples got some coo shit...supernat got good shit...chino got some tight albums....gift of gab does some good shit...and those are some freestyle/battle emcees....if u base it on canibus then of course...but theres plenty of great freestyle emcees that make great music with things to say

teecee

« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2002, 09:17:15 AM »
Actually, when HIPHOP was invented, it was about b-boying and sitting with some turntables in the park man (heard of Kool Herc?).  THe rapping thing came later.........

Jome

« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2002, 10:46:43 PM »
* Notices that Teecee haven't replied to my last post.
Does that mean that I won this one? LoL..