Author Topic: Talib Kweli's Debut Set for November 19  (Read 174 times)

Myrealname

Talib Kweli's Debut Set for November 19
« on: October 06, 2002, 09:06:37 PM »
After touring for two years straight, Talib Kweli found some time to record his debut album, Quality. The album is set to drop on November 19 through Rawkus/MCA Records and features production from Jay Dee, DJ Quik, Kanye West, Dave West, DJ Scratch, Megahertz, Ayatollah, Dahaoud Darien, and The Soulquarians. Guests on the album include, Mos Def, Cocoa Brovaz, Dave Chappelle, Res, Bilal, Novel, Vinia Mojica, Black Thought and Pharoahe Monch. The first single, "Waitin' For The DJ", featuring Bilal is already getting spins on radio and video outlets nationwide.

Here's the track listing to Quality :

Intro featuring Dave Chappelle
The Proud
Joy featuring Mos Def
Gun Music featuring Cocoa Brovaz
Shock Body
Space
Put It In The Air featuring DJ Quik
Won't You Stay
Where Do We Go featuring Res
Talk To You featuring Bilal
Stand to the Side featuring Vinia Mojica and Novel
Rush
Get By
Guerrilla Monsoon featuring Black Thought and Pharoahe Monch
Good To You
Waitin' for the DJ featuring Bilal

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

S.G.V.

Re: Talib Kweli's Debut Set for November 19
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2002, 09:23:24 PM »
looks real tight...black thought, kweli and monch!!!! on the same track!!!! whoa....

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Kweli's dope as funk!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2002, 07:34:02 AM »
Dope!!! Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Pharoahe Monch, DJ Quik, Jay Dee and Megahertz all on the same album!!!

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2002, 07:39:02 AM »
Kweli Has a tight lp coming...I just hope he can please u very uptight biatches...

I can't wait to hear:
If he has a beat that is anything decent he might be wack or now, or his content might be slidin'....Oh OH.

His lyrical can't mess wit'...LOL
Fuck all that Jazz
I've been waitin' for this ish for a grip now.

Hatesrats 2oo2

Jome

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2002, 11:11:39 AM »
:o

=[Euthanasia]=

Re:Talib Kweli's Debut Set for November 19
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2002, 11:36:00 AM »
Right, is this release called "Quality" or "Kwelity" 'cos i'm getting confused  ???, so many different sites are calling it either of them. Anyways, this is great news, I still bump the "Train Of Thought" on the regular, same goes for the Blackstar material, bout time he brought out some new ish of his own.

Oh, and S.G.V., if u wanna hear the track "Guerrilla Monsoon" visit http://www.dijitalphonics.com/filedb/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=3&PHPSESSID=581ee2ce9c3d3caee278662f8b268856 , it's available to download in mp3, it's pure heat, Kanye West on the beat too.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

DookieMowf49

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re:Talib Kweli's Debut Set for November 19
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2002, 09:31:03 PM »
hopefully DJ Quik has another sone he produced on there other then put it in the air...that song is dope! but it was leaked a long time befre sound bombing 3 came out...which it was on.