Author Topic: Greatest Album Tournament, Finals.......  (Read 654 times)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
Greatest Album Tournament, Finals.......
« on: October 03, 2002, 05:25:39 PM »
Through all the albums represented, its come down to the final two. We have Snoop's classic debut "Doggystyle" up against 2Pac's ground breaking double cd epic "All Eyez On Me".......these are two of the greatest albums not only from the west coast, but in hip hop PERIOD. Both albums are easily in my top 10, and this should be a great, close finals. I want EVERYONE to vote........the winner of the series will be declared as the greatest album ever [according to THIS board].

2Pac - All Eyez On Me vs. Snoop - Doggystyle
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Greatest Album Tournament, Finals.......
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2002, 05:35:34 PM »
2Pac - All Eyez On Me vs. Snoop Dogg Dogg - Doggystyle

Oh well, I couldn't expect Paid In Full to win. At least an album in my top 15 is going to.

Best album not to make the tournament: The D.O.C. - No One Can Do It Better

Best first round match-up: NWA - Straight Outta Compton vs. Slick Rick - The Great Adventures Of Slick Rick

Biggest injustice of the tournament: Xzibit - 40 Dayz & 40 Nightz defeating A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders

(Do we dare do a Greatest MC tourney?  That might drive me crazy. :D)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2002, 05:44:12 PM »
"So mandatory my elevation my lyrics like orientation/So you can be more familiar with tha nigga you facin/We must be based on nothin better than communication/Known to damage and highly flamable like gas stations"

All Eyez On Me.

Why, you ask??

Because its better lyrically than Doggystyle, and it had more impact than Snoop's album did. Plus, Pac has way more range in subject matter than Snoop does. Doggystyle only has the edge in the production department, and not by much. All Eyez On Me ranks at like #5 on my all time list, Doggystyle isnt too far behind, at around # 7 or 8......

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2002, 05:45:17 PM »
Definitely All eyez on me.

Hittman2001

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2002, 06:10:08 PM »
Doggystyle had the perfect amount of songs(i'm not upset that it was only about 50 minutes long), dope production and great lyrics.  There were absolutely no fillers on this album, it was very consistent.  If All Eyez on Me was trimmed down to its 12 best songs i don't think it will match up with doggystyle.  So i have to go with DOGGYSTYLE.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2002, 06:10:49 PM »
Damn this is the hardest descision ever. I wish it was either of those albums against The Chronic cause I wouldn't have to think about it.

Doggystyle. One of the best produced albums ever. Snoop Dogg had the illest flow ever in hip hop proven by "Tha Shiznit". Every song is a classic whereas All Eyez On Me had one weak track.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2002, 06:15:48 PM »
Damn this is the hardest descision ever. I wish it was either of those albums against The Chronic cause I wouldn't have to think about it.

Doggystyle. One of the best produced albums ever. Snoop Dogg had the illest flow ever in hip hop proven by "Tha Shiznit". Every song is a classic whereas All Eyez On Me had one weak track.

True, but AEOM was a double, so there is gonna be more margin for error. Disc 2 gets a little weaker towards the end [Disc 1 is practically flawless], but I still think AEOM is a better "all around" album than Doggystyle, and it had more impact on hip hop. AEOM got the edge lyrically too. But yea, its pretty fucking close. This is gonna be a close match. Matter of fact, im gonna leave this open extra long, cuz I can tell already this is gonna be the most intense and grueling match of the tournament.

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2002, 06:15:49 PM »
All eyez on me, sorry snoop, but ur just a dumbass

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2002, 06:52:18 PM »
DOGGYSTYLE!

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2002, 06:54:08 PM »
if it wasnt for tha snoopy dick lickers,  i would proberly say doggystyle but fuck snoop an his faggot ass fans,  ALL EYEZ ON ME GETS MY VOTE

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2002, 07:08:56 PM »
Doggystyle

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2002, 07:38:28 PM »
While the finals are taking place, I would like to add and/or mention some of my fav moments [and, not so fav moments, lol] of this classic tournament..........

greatest battle [not including finals]: Makaveli vs. Illmatic. In my opinion, these are the two greatest albums of all time [with Makaveli being #1 and Illmatic #2], and this coulda easily gone either way. The Chronic vs. Doggystyle match was a very close second. The Finals will probably be the best match when its all said and done though.

biggest upsets: Xzibit beating Midnight Marauders. This is just BLASPHEMY. Midnight Marauders shits all over anything Xzibit ever made. Also, Regulate....should have NEVER beat The Score.

best dark horse album: E.1999 Eternal....this was highest ranked album that recieved under 100 pts, and it got very far [and rightfully so, classic album] to make the final four in its Division before losing to what I consider the greatest album of all time, Makaveli. Strong performance from a great album up against great odds. It even beat It Takes A Nation Of Millions [which recieved over 120 pts], which is not an easy thing to do.

Most disappointing match: The Chronic vs. 36 Chambers. I knew the Chronic would win, but I thought it would at least be close. Turned out to be very lopsided.

Albums that shoulda gone far, but didnt: Moment Of Truth, Midnight Marauders, The Score, and Aquemini.

Most overrated album of the tournament: Dogg Food!! I dont even consider this album to be a classic, and how it got ranked #2 in its division is beyond me. Dont get me wrong, its a good album, Daz has some of the finest west coast production here, but the album is a 4 micer, nothing more/nothing less. Soul On Ice is highly overrated as well.

Best album to not make the tournament: DMX - Its Dark And Hell Is Hot.......this shoulda made the tournament over a ton of albums.

Smooth

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2002, 08:11:57 PM »
Doggystyle, no doubt about it... Snoop's flow is just too untouchable on there...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2002, 08:15:57 PM »
Doggystyle

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2002, 08:19:42 PM »
Doggystyle, no doubt about it... Snoop's flow is just too untouchable on there...

flow isnt everything though..... ;)