Author Topic: Michael Jackson to Start New Record Label  (Read 332 times)

D.R.E.-Dogg

Re:Michael Jackson to Start New Record Label
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2002, 09:10:26 AM »
I didn't know it sold 8 Million I just heard it flopped very often.
Why the fuck peeps be talking like he fell of when he sold 8 Million?

I fuckin HATE the press and all em bitches anyway when it comes to The King Of Pop

Trauma-san

Re: Michael Jackson to Start New Record Label
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2002, 06:10:42 PM »
King Trauma:  are you serious that you think there was no promotion of Invincible?  That is some crazy shit, he had his own special on ABC with everyone there, and his video for You ROck My World premiered on ABC during a prime time slot.......that is what i call promotion.

I think waht happened is, people somehow did not feel You ROck My World (it iwas incredible i thought).......it shoulda been the song in every club, but i think people are honestly freaked out by MJ now, and also it just isn't cool anymore for people to admit they like MIke (i always got laughed at).......besides, MIKE did not have a SURESHOT second single on his album, and maybe SOny felt like they should cut there losses after spending like 30 million to make the album and another couple million on the video for You Rock My World.

There were many great songs on Invincible, but not a second single (except for the song with Carlso Santanaa maybe).........Butterflies was a great song, but seriously most of the general public thought it was seriously very corny.

Well, first off, yeah, he had the ABC special, and it did great.  But sony refused to even advertise his album on the special! They didn't even mention the album, nor run a commercial for it.  They were only interested in him performing his old songs, and did 0 promotional work for the new album, didn't mention it, didn't show a picture of it, nothing.  That equals 0 promotion for Invincible.

Also, people keep saying Sony spent 30 million to produce that album... not true.  Mike owns all his own masters... HE spent 30 million to produce invincible!  They just didn't want to promote it, face it... why didn't they run a simple commercial during his special?  Why didn't they release a single? (Rock My World wasn't released in america, just the video).  I dunno.  I just don't see that they did much.  

Trauma-san

Re:Michael Jackson to Start New Record Label
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2002, 06:12:55 PM »
I didn't know it sold 8 Million I just heard it flopped very often.
Why the fuck peeps be talking like he fell of when he sold 8 Million?

I fuckin HATE the press and all em bitches anyway when it comes to The King Of Pop

They always do that.  Here's his record, though:

Thriller - 51 million sold worldwide (biggest selling in the world) 26 million in america (ties with the eagles as biggest album ever in america)
Blood on the Dance Floor - First platinum selling remix album, biggest selling remix album of all time
Invincible - double platinum in america, 8 X plat worldwide

(His sister, Janet Jackson's album "All for You" also sold double platinum in america, and was considered a huge success.  Hmmm.....)

the408figga

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Keep it Savvy!!
Re: Michael Jackson to Start New Record Label
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2002, 08:24:15 PM »
King Trauma:  are you serious that you think there was no promotion of Invincible?  That is some crazy shit, he had his own special on ABC with everyone there, and his video for You ROck My World premiered on ABC during a prime time slot.......that is what i call promotion.

I think waht happened is, people somehow did not feel You ROck My World (it iwas incredible i thought).......it shoulda been the song in every club, but i think people are honestly freaked out by MJ now, and also it just isn't cool anymore for people to admit they like MIke (i always got laughed at).......besides, MIKE did not have a SURESHOT second single on his album, and maybe SOny felt like they should cut there losses after spending like 30 million to make the album and another couple million on the video for You Rock My World.

There were many great songs on Invincible, but not a second single (except for the song with Carlso Santanaa maybe).........Butterflies was a great song, but seriously most of the general public thought it was seriously very corny.

no no no no no..... there was VERY little promotion on invincible. There was "mj " promotion, but it invincible wasnt directly promoted. Think about it...

The abc special.. tons of artist all playing mj's old  songs. Mj playing all of hisold songs. At the end of the show the dancers introduce mj playing his new song. They didnt even say the 1st single of his new cd invincible. THAT is not album promotion right there.

Mtv TRL...he was asked 3 questions? Carson daily was soo dumb and intimidated he didnt ask any direct questions about invincible. Then the showed mj signing cd's.

Video's ..... You rock my world debut in mid september.. the cd came out end of october. The song hit radio stations in august. Because sony let it leak out the song lost some steam by the time the video came out.

Performances.....NONE .. asside from his abc special. No performances. That is devistating for sales.. especially mj.

Butterflies.... huge radio hit.. #1 r&b song without a video. That is amazing!!

magaizine interviews..... their were a few, i know vibe did one , same with tv guide.. but they were all silly questions that dont have anything to do with the new cd. they dont ask him what are his favorite songs, what will he like to perform, what was it like working with producers. all they ask him about is his kids, and everthing else that doesnt relate to the new cd.

and it still sold 8x million world wide
 So , i really dont consider

I stay dipped like them fools in gq/ step into a party and they all say " he's cool"/
                                             -Mac Dre

Im a 3rd generation mack/ like the asses on my girls like the trunk of my caddilac/
                                              -Mac Mall