Author Topic: Interview: Stat Quo (Statlanta/Dr.Dre - Detox/Eminem Rumors/More)  (Read 938 times)

D~Nice

Re: Interview: Stat Quo (Statlanta/Dr.Dre - Detox/Eminem Rumors/More)
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 06:00:22 PM »
As always, great interview Luna. Stat Quo seems out of the loop with every going on with his album. Alot of artists feel that way at this point.
thank u D..as always, props for checkin it all out/showin love

yeah, what surprised me was how out of the loop he was..i was shocked..really puts things in perspective

And even more so this is happening at Shady/Aftermath. Everyone is feeling pressure to produce numbers.
yeah, never saw that coming. The pressure certainly is on and after the obie flop, banks/buck/deep, pressure is on not just shady, but all of aftermath really.

Every great label has gone through its rough spots. This with Aftermath/G-Unit/Shady is more hoopla about it because people never thought it would happen to Dre and Em and the whole digital age and decrease in album sales.

Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 06:11:42 PM »
As always, great interview Luna. Stat Quo seems out of the loop with every going on with his album. Alot of artists feel that way at this point.
thank u D..as always, props for checkin it all out/showin love

yeah, what surprised me was how out of the loop he was..i was shocked..really puts things in perspective

And even more so this is happening at Shady/Aftermath. Everyone is feeling pressure to produce numbers.
yeah, never saw that coming. The pressure certainly is on and after the obie flop, banks/buck/deep, pressure is on not just shady, but all of aftermath really.

Every great label has gone through its rough spots. This with Aftermath/G-Unit/Shady is more hoopla about it because people never thought it would happen to Dre and Em and the whole digital age and decrease in album sales.
ohh yea its been every label besides the independent ones which are probably benefiting..it hit aftermath/gunit/shady harder because they're such a big label and we're used to debuting #1 more often than most rap labels.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 06:37:18 PM »
Its hurt them in a way because they take so long to release an album aswell so when they release one they usually expect it to sell 6-8 million records and then with that success they feel like they can feel free to release a newer cat or two in the meantime because they already generating revenue from eminem/50 so they can invest in new cats hoping to make a star and if someone fails it not such a big loss as it is now.

Decreases sales = Less risks, More generic (safety methods aswell) music because people dont , 1- wanna take a risk and ruin a project they think will sell well or risk  bringin out a new artist as much as before in knowing there is more chance of failure than success today and it would hurt the companies profits. Also this naturally means less freedome for most artists and probably less releases.

I used to like stat...i love the future shit he did with dre on them freestyles and shit but that was years and years back. There is alot of shit i'd rather listen now than a stat album, even with the 6 dre beats, his shit aint dropping this year, quote me on that....Nigga best of leaking that shit but i dont believe that will happen either.

Only artists who are known will drop from aftermath this year most likely, unless bishop got something to say about that...which will suprise me.

LOL@stat not being with dre since late 07...nigga aint a concern at all right now, he aint dropping anytime soon.

pz

D~Nice

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 06:38:48 PM »
Its hurt them in a way because they take so long to release an album aswell so when they release one they usually expect it to sell 6-8 million records and then with that success they feel like they can feel free to release a newer cat or two in the meantime because they already generating revenue from eminem/50 so they can invest in new cats hoping to make a star and if someone fails it not such a big loss as it is now.

Decreases sales = Less risks, More generic (safety methods aswell) music because people dont , 1- wanna take a risk and ruin a project they think will sell well or risk  bringin out a new artist as much as before in knowing there is more chance of failure than success today and it would hurt the companies profits. Also this naturally means less freedome for most artists and probably less releases.

I used to like stat...i love the future shit he did with dre on them freestyles and shit but that was years and years back. There is alot of shit i'd rather listen now than a stat album, even with the 6 dre beats, his shit aint dropping this year, quote me on that....Nigga best of leaking that shit but i dont believe that will happen either.

Only artists who are known will drop from aftermath this year most likely, unless bishop got something to say about that...which will suprise me.

LOL@stat not being with dre since late 07...nigga aint a concern at all right now, he aint dropping anytime soon.

pz

Real talk and yeah it is looking like he is not going to drop anytime soon.

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 06:39:39 PM »
i guess let's keep our fingers crossed that he leaks it lol

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 06:42:56 PM »
oh props on the interview by the way luna...you stay working my nigga ;-)

pz

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 06:44:21 PM »
oh props on the interview by the way luna...you stay working my nigga ;-)

pz
haha its all good, many thanks

i sure do my man ;)  got a few more interviews already done and exclusive new audio 8) 8) make sure to check the site everyday 8)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 06:44:36 PM »
good stuff Luni..... as for Stat... thats got to be tough to be on such a legendary label and just sit.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Invincible

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »
Good looking Lunatic. Props for the interview.

Lunatic

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 07:35:32 PM »
styles: i can only imagine...
DWP: no problem!

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 07:40:08 PM »
good stuff Luni..... as for Stat... thats got to be tough to be on such a legendary label and just sit.

That's what I'm saying.  I'm not even a huge fan of Stat but goddamn let his ass go and quit tying him down so the man can put some music out that he has been working on since signing.  It seems even Em is mum on this shit.  They're all taking their marching orders from Old Jimmy I. 

D~Nice

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 07:45:04 PM »
I really thought they were going to capitalize and drop him when the South was at its height musically. If he would have dropped right after Straight Outta Cashville he would have done some numbers. Now he needs a banging single to have a shot.

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 07:46:03 PM »
I really thought they were going to capitalize and drop him when the South was at its height musically. If he would have dropped right after Straight Outta Cashville he would have done some numbers. Now he needs a banging single to have a shot.
i swear some of us should be A&R's and that ain't no joke ;D

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 08:00:22 PM »
I agree...especially when he's got tracks like that Bubble Bobble song or whatever the fuck it's called LOL.  Technically, it should be blowing up right now.  I could picture the women going crazy in the clubs for that. It just needs some exposure. 

D~Nice

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2008, 10:57:33 PM »
i swear some of us should be A&R's and that ain't no joke ;D

Yeah no doubt. These labels I swear have no idea how to create or capitalize off of a buzz anymore.