Author Topic: My dedication to Soopafly, every Soopafly song ever made reviewed, 162 songs...  (Read 12634 times)

Snoopafly-1986

I think maybe you underrated a couple of the Fly/Kurupt tracks

Way too Often I would give that a 10 and GangBang Music at least an 8.5

good job though 8)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Yeah, Way Too Often is a bomb track.  The problem I noticed with my reviews is I think age of the song had something to do with it.  When I first heard Way Too Often back in the day, I was blown away and bumped it nonstop.  Well here I am 10 years later trying to review it, and I've listened to it so much, it has lost its edge.  10 years ago, I would have given it a 10/10 no question.  So yeah, I agree with you on that, Way Too Often probably should have been a 10, the song structure and the way Fly raps in his stop-stutter fashion is really unique, and it works well for Fly. 

Gangbang music I just wasn't feeling a whole lot.  Maybe it's the way the song was laid out, it sounded more like a mix song than an official album song.  Sounds like they just took a Soopafly verse and a Kurupt verse and laid a beat behind them and put them together.  It's just not a real cohesive song.  And I felt Fly's verse was a little weak on that particular song, which hurt it in my eyes.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
I think maybe you underrated a couple of the Fly/Kurupt tracks

Way too Often I would give that a 10 and GangBang Music at least an 8.5

good job though 8)
^Word. 8)

SO PRUP

WOW, you need either a girl, a job, or a hobby....

Quadruple OG

There are so many quotables in this thread...dunno where to begin

disagree with "This type of flow" getting a 4/10. Song's pretty hot, and it doesn't cram many samples into it (like Jay Z "Show me what you got" for example). Usually listen to that track when running
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 05:31:34 PM by Reality Check »

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
nice work, entertaining stuff, comeone hook me up with the track with warren g

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
Soopafly - Talkin' Bout Ricky
http://www.zshare.net/audio/1247527455fbf004/

I didn't know about this song..shit is wack! :P

Elano

this thread must be on the first page FOREVER  8)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
this is crazy
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Johnny B

88.   Like It Or Not (Dat Woopty Woop / Chronic 2000)
Now this is the song right here that made me a Soopafly fan!  The first time I heard this, I was like “oh man, I ain’t heard nothing like this before!”  It’s faster upbeat track and soopafly totally rides the beat all the way.  The song sounds really busy, and even when there are silences in Soopafly’s raps, there are sound effects going in the background.  It sounds like the dude never takes a breath in this song!  I went on vacation to Cali back in 2000 and I couldn’t believe it, but they were playing this on the radio out there.  Man, that just made my whole vacation.  I was bumping it on my CD player the whole time.  There aren’t any super funny lines in this song, but rather it’s just an introduction to Soopafly and his pimpin ways.  We wouldn’t find out all the details of his pimpin until subsequent songs after this one.  He tells bitches they ain’t getting nothing in this song, not even cheeseburgers.  That’s the best part, you can get a cheeseburger at McDonalds for like a dollar, and Fly still won’t even spend that on a bitch, that’s just great right there.  If this song never existed, I don’t know if I would have become as big of a fan of Fly as I am now.  I didn’t even realize they shot a video for this until years later.  They never showed it on TV.  That was probably a good thing, because after I saw the video of Fly running around town and stuff, I thought, the video was corny.  It’s not at all what I pictured a video of this song to look like.  Oh well.  Oh yeah, and the finishing touch was putting the lovely Val Young on the track.  Val Young is almost the female version of Soopafly.  I don’t think I’ve ever heard a wack song with her on it.  Rating 10/10.

I agree right here. Like It Or Not got me into Soopafly. best Soopafly song EVER.

I agreed with ur whole review actually. we seem to know when Soopafly is best...and when he decides to not use his pimpish ways on a beat/song not worthwhile....lol

D-Stress

this thread must be on the first page FOREVER  8)

yep like me and kilo´s death row thread.

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Damn, over the top, but spot on with most of the review. But your love for Soopafly, makes me kinda feel weird to say that Soopa is my fav artist too :/.

Anyways, was wondring if you had a complete prodcution cv. I have every song (all 162 you reveiwed where he raps) but was wondering if you had a production list (where he doesn't rap), for any tracks I may have missed.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
nah, sorry man, i don't have a production cv.  It is very hard just keeping up with all the songs he has vocals on, i'm sure he's produced at least twice as many songs as ones he has rapped on.  Plus, alot of songs he just played keyboards on in his early days and stuff like that, it's just too much to keep track of. 

I'm more of a fan of his rapping style and lyrics anyways.  I love it when he raps over his own beats of course, and many of them are crazy beats.  But, i've also heard beats he's made for other rappers and the other rappers just ruin the song, so even though it's a soopafly beat, I find myself not listening to it very much. 

I'll be making an addendum to this list here shortly after I get the Dubb Union CD and listen to it for about a week straight.  I've got probably 20 or so new Soopafly songs that I need to review (the Westurn Union mixtape, the album, and about 6 or 7 WU songs that didn't make the album).

D-Stress

Re: My dedication to Soopafly, every Soopafly song ever made reviewed, 162 songs
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2008, 09:15:19 AM »
^^ Wu-Songs? ??? `Fly Worked With Wu-Tang?

Johnny B

^^ Wu-Songs? ??? `Fly Worked With Wu-Tang?

WU = Westurn Union

lol