Author Topic: Planning my trip to the West Coast (Venice Beach & Malibu related)  (Read 480 times)

We Fly High

Re: For the So-Cal people (Venice Beach & Malibu related)
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 02:28:51 PM »
yup venice beach is max 1.5 hours.. aint that much to do there, just a lot of smoke shops, and random stores that sell interesting stuff. its definitely a cool place to soak in the atmosphere.. the beach, the bball courts, the skaters, the musicians, etc..

santa monica, is also 1.5 hours.. well theres the Pier, and also 3rd street promenade, promenade you could prob spend 2 hours there, and pier another 1.5 hours..

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 02:33:13 PM »
Crafty, if you go to Venice Beach and you see this black dude named Mr. Animation doing dance moves for money, tell him Styles (Chilly Chill's homeboy)  said "what's up"... he'll get a kick out of that...

But be sure to drop a dollar in the hat.... I've seen that fool yell at people..lol. 
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

We Fly High

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 04:12:19 PM »
Crafty, if you go to Venice Beach and you see this black dude named Mr. Animation doing dance moves for money, tell him Styles (Chilly Chill's homeboy)  said "what's up"... he'll get a kick out of that...

But be sure to drop a dollar in the hat.... I've seen that fool yell at people..lol. 

haha i saw him on 3rd street actin a fool.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 05:26:53 PM »

haha i saw him on 3rd street actin a fool.

lmao... I remember I was out at Venice with him one time and he starts to tell the crowd as he was asking people to put money in the hat, "I used to rob people. Do you want me to go back to doing that?" I was hiding my face like, "this dude just didn't say that!" Those poor people were startled.... but they gave! :)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 08:23:23 PM »
SD got the best beaches

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 10:30:33 PM »
in my opinion you can't really go wrong unless you go on the weekend and there's like 4985893475982374589023745897234578 people there to fuck things up, but i personally like the homey feeling of Avila beach, but i really don't care as long as it's not one of those cold ass beaches like Moro Bay.

as far as the water goes for santa monica/venice ....it's not THAT bad:

summer 07'

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 11:25:30 PM »
Bruh..... I really wouldn't go in that water again if I were you. Just because you play Russian roulette and make it through a round doesn't mean that there aren't other bullets waiting for your ass... :)

J Bananas

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 11:32:31 PM »

Holy shit, I am glad I am from Northern California.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 05:48:45 AM »
but a thing you are going to have to consider is transportation..... these places arent exactly close to each other... i hope you guys are planning to rent a car or something to do all this... unless you got family or friends down here to drive you around.

Yeah, we're goint to rent a car for our trip to the West Coast. Probably a Grand Voyager, since we'll be travelling with 5 persons: me, my brother, my parents & my grandma

I hit up Google Maps and typed in "from Venice Beach to Malibu", and they say it's about 30 minutes by car. Is that about right?

santa monica, is also 1.5 hours.. well theres the Pier, and also 3rd street promenade, promenade you could prob spend 2 hours there, and pier another 1.5 hours..

I've just checked Google for 3rd Street Promenade. Is that a blvd. with lots of shops & restaurants?

Kicking back at Redondo Beach is nice too. There's a lot of restaraunts around there. And a nice spot called Chillers that's good for drinking....

In what city is Redondo Beach located?

@ Don Jacob: those pictures you posted, are those taken in Santa Monica?

MAJOR thanks once again to all who gave feedback. It really is appreciated. +1

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 08:52:19 AM »
3rd street promenade is a street of shops, restaraunts, and other stores.... with the addition of street vendors.

Redondo Beach is located in Redondo Beach.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 11:59:08 PM »

Not all the beaches down here are like that. In fact, Santa Monica is the only one.

J Bananas

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 12:05:14 AM »

Not all the beaches down here are like that. In fact, Santa Monica is the only one.

shit, nice.
say i gotta commute from the ie anyway so time is fucked no matter what,
where would one go to surf on weekends without a huge crowd..

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 12:20:51 AM »
but a thing you are going to have to consider is transportation..... these places arent exactly close to each other... i hope you guys are planning to rent a car or something to do all this... unless you got family or friends down here to drive you around.

Yeah, we're goint to rent a car for our trip to the West Coast. Probably a Grand Voyager, since we'll be travelling with 5 persons: me, my brother, my parents & my grandma

I hit up Google Maps and typed in "from Venice Beach to Malibu", and they say it's about 30 minutes by car. Is that about right?

I've just checked Google for 3rd Street Promenade. Is that a blvd. with lots of shops & restaurants?

Kicking back at Redondo Beach is nice too. There's a lot of restaraunts around there. And a nice spot called Chillers that's good for drinking....

In what city is Redondo Beach located?

@ Don Jacob: those pictures you posted, are those taken in Santa Monica?

MAJOR thanks once again to all who gave feedback. It really is appreciated. +1

yeah all of them are santa monica, i thought i had some venice pictures in there but they all look santa monica.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008, 12:22:02 AM »

shit, nice.

i've only surfed at pismo, but i've seen fools do it all over

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2008, 12:27:21 AM »

shit, nice.

Malibu Lagoon State Beach is probably the best surfing spot out here.