Author Topic: Man, I never realised how messed up my mom is...  (Read 410 times)

Sikotic™

Man, I never realised how messed up my mom is...
« on: March 26, 2002, 02:16:46 PM »
After thinking about the threads about smoking and alcohol made I realised my mom got real problems. The reasons I never realised it is cause I have been been living with it ever since I can remember.

She's a heavy, heavy HEAVY smoker (smokes like 2 packs of Kool King a day) and on the weekends a very heavy drinker (drinks a whole thing of coniac every other Saturday). I don't know what to do. The most she has ever done was quit smoking for half a week. Other than that she has been smokin 1 or 2 packs a day and drinking since she was 20.

Can y'all give me some ideas on what to do because everything I've tried hasn't worked. I don't want her to follow the footsteps of my grandma who died of lung cancer in 97 due to excessive smoking.

And I don't want you guys to look down on her as a bad person because she isn;t, she just has some serious demons she needs to conquer.

Peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sub-Z

Re: Man, I never realised how messed up my mom is.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2002, 02:19:35 PM »
both of my parents smoke at least a pack a day,my dad has cut down a lil bit thought,i dunno if my mom has cause she dont live here,but i been tryin to get em to quit smokin for a while but nothin works  >:(,neither of em drink tho

but my 2 uncles are worse than what you decribed yur mom as sikotic....

min0rity

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2002, 02:56:21 PM »
yo sikotic keep your head up dogg....my dad is EXACTLY like your mom......all i can say is you BETTER do anything you can to stop her from at least smoking homie like now...cuz that shit kills.....but alcohol ain't too bad but too much could hurt too

MidnightPills

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2002, 03:45:07 PM »
After thinking about the threads about smoking and alcohol made I realised my mom got real problems. The reasons I never realised it is cause I have been been living with it ever since I can remember.

She's a heavy, heavy HEAVY smoker (smokes like 2 packs of Kool King a day) and on the weekends a very heavy drinker (drinks a whole thing of coniac every other Saturday). I don't know what to do. The most she has ever done was quit smoking for half a week. Other than that she has been smokin 1 or 2 packs a day and drinking since she was 20.

Can y'all give me some ideas on what to do because everything I've tried hasn't worked. I don't want her to follow the footsteps of my grandma who died of lung cancer in 97 due to excessive smoking.

And I don't want you guys to look down on her as a bad person because she isn;t, she just has some serious demons she needs to conquer.

Peace

Talk to your mom.. and let her know how this makes you feel... there maybe no way of reasoning.. but you will feel better... trust me... my mom was a bad,...addict.. and when i told her.. how misable... she made my life.. i felt better.... sometimes.. you have to be cruel to be nice.. and if you love your mom.. then you would help her want to change.. and not change her

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2002, 04:42:48 PM »
Pray for her man. I prayed for my grandpa for 13 years, and he finally quit smoking at age 56. He had been smoking since he was 16, so he kicked the habbit after 40 years.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2002, 05:18:09 PM »
I've talked to her and prayed for her. When I talk to her she just thinks I'm out my mind. I think she thinks that because she doesn't believe it's a serious problem, like she's untouchable from disease or somethin'.

My dad used to be like that when he was younger. He has slowed down alot tho since he has matured plus he was having health and wieght problems, like kidney stones and a beer belly lol.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

MidnightPills

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2002, 05:27:52 PM »
I've talked to her and prayed for her. When I talk to her she just thinks I'm out my mind. I think she thinks that because she doesn't believe it's a serious problem, like she's untouchable from disease or somethin'.

My dad used to be like that when he was younger. He has slowed down alot tho since he has matured plus he was having health and wieght problems, like kidney stones and a beer belly lol.

wow.. the way it sounds.. is your mom is really deep into it her disease....... it might be a mental addiction or a physical one.. and either way you look at it.. it is up to her to get out of denial... and help her self... it is sad to see people do that to them selves.. and will keep you in prayer... stay strong.. and remember.. stay in school.. to become a better you... and the rest is up to the party.. that is distroying there own self to get help... it is hard.. i understand taht you are going though alot.. but you will have a better tomorrow.. if you stay in school.. and strive to come out on top!

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2002, 06:43:48 PM »

wow.. the way it sounds.. is your mom is really deep into it her disease....... it might be a mental addiction or a physical one.. and either way you look at it.. it is up to her to get out of denial... and help her self... it is sad to see people do that to them selves.. and will keep you in prayer... stay strong.. and remember.. stay in school.. to become a better you... and the rest is up to the party.. that is distroying there own self to get help... it is hard.. i understand taht you are going though alot.. but you will have a better tomorrow.. if you stay in school.. and strive to come out on top!

Thanks, I appreciate that.

You know the few times I have gotten her to quit was by scaring her. The first time was she was looking at an old lady and she was talking about how it would be to be in her 70's or 80's. I took advantage of the situation and told her at the rate she smokes and drinks she won't live another ten years. Right then she quit for a week, but I guess she forgot all about what I said and went back to her old habits. Another time I added up how much she spends on cigarettes a year and when I told her the total was over $5,000 dollars a year she quit for half a week and went back to her old habits.

I guess she has to actually get cancer before she finally quits :'(

THA SAUCE HOUSE

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2002, 06:51:00 PM »
Damn homie, u gotta tell her straight up how you feel, tell her u love and you dont want her life to end like this.....tell her its bad for her, and definatly take her to the doc if she doesnt lisn, he'l prolly tell ya mom all about shit, n reccomend those smokin pathces or sumtin....anyway good luck homie, peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

maddskilzz9

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2002, 06:56:11 PM »
u gotta b like.....

moms 4 real, u gotta quit this shit...Its not workin 4 u, remember wat happened 2 grandma??

i think we should get u some therapy cuz i care 4 u

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2002, 07:00:52 PM »
Man, my dad is a heavy ass drinker.......and one time last year he got alcohol poisoning and we went 2 tha hospital and shit and I waz scared 2 death.......But when he came back all fine i thought 2 myself, man god did this 2 him so he can quit drinkin.......and I thanked god and everything........

But 2 months later, he started drinkin again and no one could stop him.......

Tha strange thing is when he drinks he is a lovable guy, he's real calm and never really gets mad and doesnt talk much........but when he's not drinkin he's alwayz in a bad mood and shit........its weird.

But ya, so Alcohol is fuckin poison........

And Sikotic, I dunno man, dats just how shit is........I mean when people are depended on something its tha hardest thing 4 them 2 give up.......Only death can do them apart.......Unless they're strong enough, I mean in my dad's case I dun think he'll ever be strong enough 2 give up drinkin unless god wants him to.......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

ROCCY

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2002, 08:18:20 PM »
Yeah..I know how some of ya'l feel..My dad smokes and drinks though LOL..but I mean sometimes he comes home very drunk..but sometimes he just drinks acouple of beers like about 5 or something..and he doesnt get drunk at all lol unless he drinks 10 or more..and he atleast one pack of cig a day..for sure..I hope he stops I mean I dont want my dad to die of ciggarets/cancers Ya'l feel me ?

Naz-T

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2002, 09:42:54 PM »
Yeah I agree with some peeps up here, you'll get further by saying how u feel then telling her, "don't do this and leave that" coz a smoker is an addict and an addict can't be told to stop , she has to want to stop, and she might be willing to sacrifice it to make you feel better...I think.
And alcohol is just as bad as smoking, good luck with that...

Peace

Joachim

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2002, 10:33:48 PM »
Ayo Sikotic, your think your old lady got problems, man my fams Irish, that entails, HEAVY drinking (daily) Heavy smoking, Gambling and violence, oh and their all catholics who confess weekly. Its just their lifestyle, God bless the Irish.  :D

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2002, 12:48:11 PM »
Ayo Sikotic, your think your old lady got problems, man my fams Irish, that entails, HEAVY drinking (daily) Heavy smoking, Gambling and violence, oh and their all catholics who confess weekly. Its just their lifestyle, God bless the Irish.  :D

LOL

THA SAUCE HOUSE