Author Topic: lets no mince words,Takeover was better than Ether  (Read 4551 times)

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
CLICHE'- that is for u to read as well^
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2002, 12:02:30 AM »
;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
Re: lets no mince words,Takeover was better than E
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2002, 12:40:39 AM »
the cat was a fan. he openly jocked Nas up until "Takeover".  Yeah he was coming from the perspective of a fan :rolleyes
Where else could he come from? It's obvious who the better MC is (that's Nas for you youngsters playing at home).  Jay got served, straight up.  The best part about the beef was that they both managed to sound somewhat motivated for a whole album... personally i think their new joints will be a big step backwards.

as for Vol 1. and Vol 3 being "near classic" and Blueprint being "classic" while IWW is "garbage"... lets just say we have a disagreement in taste.
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2002, 02:00:50 AM »
I don't know why people think "Takeover" was a better or harder diss than "Ether", I just don't understand. The only conclusion I can come to is that they love Jay that much that they have become brainwashed by him and believe anything and support everything that he does, almost like having a cult following, lol. Seriously, I know people that hate both Nas & Jay equally but they still recognise that Nas served Jay. I'm not gonna bash someones opinion though, I have mine and thats that "Ether" was straight up the better diss, and no-one can or will change my mind. I'm obviously gonna look biased to the Jay fans because I myself am a Nas fan but I believe anyone with ears and knowledge of what it takes to be a good MC should be able to recognise the better diss which in this case is "Ether"  ;D

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

P_A

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2002, 02:15:29 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1031184419;start=20#32 date=09/14/02 at 07:00:50]I don't know why people think "Takeover" was a better or harder diss than "Ether", I just don't understand. The only conclusion I can come to is that they love Jay that much that they have become brainwashed by him and believe anything and support everything that he does, almost like having a cult following, lol. Seriously, I know people that hate both Nas & Jay equally but they still recognise that Nas served Jay. I'm not gonna bash someones opinion though, I have mine and thats that "Ether" was straight up the better diss, and no-one can or will change my mind. I'm obviously gonna look biased to the Jay fans because I myself am a Nas fan but I believe anyone with ears and knowledge of what it takes to be a good MC should be able to recognise the better diss which in this case is "Ether"  ;D

100% agreed. I think massive dickriding causes mental issues.

infinite59

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2002, 01:01:46 PM »
i know its old, but Takeover served Ether

i know how yall feel,

see i was like most of yall

i didnt particularly care for both Jay Z or Nas,
they both disappointed me, but i liked Nas laot more, i thought Jay Z was so commercialized

so based on this biased, i biged up ether and slept on Takeover, the people gave this battle to Nas cuz he more  "lyrical" and cuz Jay Z was so arrogant,

but the fact is Takeover clowned Nas, Ether was just nonsense

Another rare moment where Infinite disagree's with Tech..... okay, so we disagree on Ether vs. Takeover and Eminem... still not more then you can count on one hand..lol... peace

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2002, 09:42:09 PM »
Yuuuup..."Takeover" destroyed "Ether" just like "Whitey's Revenge" destroyed "Quitter"....riggghhhttt...

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2002, 12:03:35 AM »
All he was saying be4 was that he admired Illmatic and he never took his  words back, he still thinks Illmatic was a great album.
Now as obvious as it seemz to some people that ETHER was better and same as for NAS being the better MC...hmmm... what can I say, I guess the more acsessable to the averrage listener's ear will always seem obvious, actually this is why JAY is gettin so much hate ever since he switched his vocal delivery\flow from that fast stacato style he was using in the begining, People don't even stop to realise that this is the same MC simply rapping about other themes(a thing that shouldn't metter to the opened mind, but hey...) and in a diffrend way, Unlike NAS, JAY has no problem with structuring his lyrics, He never tries to recycle past glory in his writing like NAS does with his overused poetic elements(while, btw, claiming to have moved forwards)  that fail to make much conseptual sence when put together and are simply used as Illmatic-reminder gimmicks, The  massages JAY stresses (for whatever they may be, without making a diffrence) in his lyrics are cristal clear and are not blured like NASz deep-alike lyrical hints that seem like many introes to a deep tune all put together on one cut.
Some people tend to think that whatever they find hard to comprehand plasticlly in their head is deep,I can tell you this for sure, It's the other way around, you need to be more secure in your taste.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2002, 04:58:32 AM »
Unlike NAS, JAY has no problem with structuring his lyrics, He never tries to recycle past glory in his writing like NAS does with his overused poetic elements

Naw, Jay just bites other peoples lyrics, namely Biggie and then claims to be the greatest  ::)

Some people tend to think that whatever they find hard to comprehand plasticlly in their head is deep,I can tell you this for sure, It's the other way around, you need to be more secure in your taste.

Maybe it's just some people aren't intelligent enough to appreciate thought provoking and deep lyrics like others  ::)

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2002, 04:14:12 PM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1031184419;start=20#27 date=09/08/02 at 08:58:46]

Honestly, I don't understand where Jay got that 'hot album every 10 years average' nonsense from. Nas dropped an amazing, flawless classic (something Jay has never dropped may I add), an almost classic (hotter than hot), a solid album, ONE wack album and then another classic. And as for 'fell from top 10 to not mentioned at all', Jay's never been in my top 10, and probably never will be, he's good, but not that good. Plus, Nas has and probably always will have a spot in the top 10 due to "Illmatic", and now "Stillmatic", plus numerous spotless guest appearences that account to his gifted lyricism. Nas is done with this beef anyways, it seems to me like Jigga is the one holding onto this. Just watch, he'll probably have another diss song aimed at Nas on his next effort.

Oh and Jay was coming from a fan's perspective because that's all he is compared to Nas, a fan that can't touch Nas, which Nas pointed out in "Ether".

I couldnt of said it better. Nas shits all over Jay Z, in every possible way. Ether is by far a better diss song than Takeover is. Jay's only argument was that he sold more than Nas, and we all know sales dont mean shit....Nas actually had some truth behind his disses [Jay Z does have fat lips, he DOES bite Biggie every line, he has bitten Nas and even took Nas's line from Represent and put in his song "Rap Game/Crack Game", among others].

Nas is a better MC than Jigga. Nas won the beef with Jigga. Ether is a better song than Takeover. Thanks for playing everyone. Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeext??
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Jome

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2002, 06:17:42 PM »
LoL @ all the Nas-*******s vs. I Geezy.
Jay Z doesn't stand a chance... on this board.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2002, 06:20:47 PM »

Jay doesnt stand a chance ANYWHERE. Every board I post says the same thing: Nas won the beef. Its the same thing with everyone I meet in person: Nas won the beef. And most rappers seem to agree that Nas won the beef, including Eminem. Even most Jay Z fans I meet say that Nas won.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2002, 09:28:09 PM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1031184419;start=20#37 date=09/15/02 at 09:58:32]

Maybe it's just some people aren't intelligent enough to appreciate thought provoking and deep lyrics like others  ::)

this is exactlly tha kind of thing I was talking about, yes there are rappers who ARE actually deep(not in what they say but in how they say whatever they choose to say)- and an intelegent listener knowes when he hears deepness, HEll!! nas himself was one of those rappers on ILLMATIC...but a good listener knowes to differ DEEP from gimmicky DEEP-alike(what NAS has been doing for 3 albums).

p.s
The easiest thing is to hide behind this "Im deep, FOO'- yall can't hate on me" mask...NAS been doing it real well, Plus, he never lost his vocal abillities(always remained supreme in this erea) so I suppose he was one of the least lyriclly hard working people in the game for those 3 albums, basiclly telling his fans to simply like him cause he is tha guy who ONCE made Illmatic.

infinite59

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2002, 09:32:53 PM »

LOL... I give I-Geezy props... even when it's I-Geezy vs. the world he never becomes disrespectful.  

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2002, 09:54:03 PM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1031184419;start=20#37 date=09/15/02 at 09:58:32]

Naw, Jay just bites other peoples lyrics, namely Biggie and then claims to be the greatest  ::)

I would hardly call using single lines here and there mainlly for the sake of keeping one's memory alive as biting...And do you really think that one previouslly used line on a track is what makes the effect when it's by a lyricist of JAYz calliber?, NAS bit Rakim's whole vocal style and no one cared about that, Every rapper has been using previouslly used lines here and there, this isn't what I was talking about, I was talking about Recycling old lyrical patterns and tactics into lower quallity lyrical constructions only for the sake of reminding past glory.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2002, 10:08:09 PM »

Jay doesnt stand a chance ANYWHERE. Every board I post says the same thing: Nas won the beef. Its the same thing with everyone I meet in person: Nas won the beef. And most rappers seem to agree that Nas won the beef, including Eminem. Even most Jay Z fans I meet say that Nas won.

So this is how you construct your opinions, you ask other people what they think?....Im also sure u personally know all the rappers and their opinions, I personally saw a show on the beef where people in the industry where all being politiclly correct saying that "right now both are on top" all I heared in NASz favour was from DJz who said "super ugly" wasn't really on par, But when I speak on the beef I refer to TAKEOVER, I also think JAY never even needed to drop "Super Ugly" cause he already had it locked.