Author Topic: lets no mince words,Takeover was better than Ether  (Read 4558 times)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
Re: lets no mince words,Takeover was better than E
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2002, 10:27:33 PM »

So this is how you construct your opinions, you ask other people what they think?....Im also sure u personally know all the rappers and their opinions, I personally saw a show on the beef where people in the industry where all being politiclly correct saying that "right now both are on top" all I heared in NASz favour was from DJz who said "super ugly" wasn't really on par, But when I speak on the beef I refer to TAKEOVER, I also think JAY never even needed to drop "Super Ugly" cause he already had it locked.

Oh please. I never thought Takeover was all that anyway, and when Nas dropped Ether, I knew it was all over. Even before all the votes were called in to hot 97', before the general consensus said Nas won, before Damon Dash/Jigga tried to pull that bitch move at Summer Jam [boycotting Nas from performing Ether]...before ALL that. The bottomline is, everything Jay said in Takeover was fictional, or half truth at best.....most of what Nas said in Ether was most definatly true. In addition to all that, Jay lost brownie points with me when said "If I Aint better than Big, im the closest one" and when he told Nas that only streets cats were feelin X and Pac......so no, I dont base my opinions on what other people think. It just so happens my opinion on THIS matter happens to agree with the majority.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2002, 10:50:11 PM »
if anything jay jacked his style from big L

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2002, 10:54:59 PM »

. The bottomline is, everything Jay said in Takeover was fictional, or half truth at best.....most of what Nas said in Ether was most definatly true. In addition to all that, Jay lost brownie points with me when said "If I Aint better than Big, im the closest one" and when he told Nas that only streets cats were feelin X and Pac......so no, I dont base my opinions on what other people think. It just so happens my opinion on THIS matter happens to agree with the majority.

First of all, if we're talking about facts( a thing that shouldn't be the defining factor in dis trackz- u should know this u prefer "ether") TAKEOVER  takes it by far, ETHER was mostlly childish jabs and some facts JAY never even tried to denie...Takeover actually put on the table what many NAS fans were feeling under the surface, while somehow mannaging to denie it. The FACT NAS was inconsistent, The FACT- Illmatic was his only sucsess, The FACT- all of what NAS has been rapping at the time were mostlly gimmicks to keep his fans in denile while reminding them he was the one to once drop ILLMATIC,among others. Jay din't even feel the need to spend the whole track on pointless childish disses, like NAS did on ETHER, He simply came wit FACTz.

We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2002, 11:09:29 PM »

First of all, if we're talking about facts( a thing that shouldn't be the defining factor in dis trackz- u should know this u prefer "ether") TAKEOVER  takes it by far, ETHER was mostlly childish jabs and some facts JAY never even tried to denie...Takeover actually put on the table what many NAS fans were feeling under the surface, while somehow mannaging to denie it. The FACT NAS was inconsistent, The FACT- Illmatic was his only sucsess, The FACT- all of what NAS has been rapping at the time were mostlly gimmicks to keep his fans in denile while reminding them he was the one to once drop ILLMATIC. Jay din't even feel the need to spend the whole track on pointless childish disses, like NAS did on ETHER, He simply came wit FACTz.

Ok everyone, watch carefully as Razor destroys Geezy's argument effortlessly. *clears throat*

First off, Jigga didnt spit ANY facts in Takeover whatsoever.

The things you claim to be fact, I hate to say it, ARENT fact, but an opinion.

Nas being inconsistant is a fact?? WROOOOONG!!!!!!! That is an opinion. Illmatic = 5 mics, It Was Written = 4 mics, I Am = 4 mics, Nastradamus = 3 mics, Stillmatic = 4.5 mics.......if you ask me, thats pretty consistant. Nas has made ONE sub-par album, while Jay has made at least 3 or 4 sub par albums. And on top of that, Illmatic shits all over ANY of Jay's albums anyday of the week.

Illmatic was his only success?? Um, wrong AGAIN. Illmatic is his most critically acclaimed album, but to say its his only success is just stupid, since its actually his lowest selling album.

Nas raps about gimmicks?? Pleeeeeeeeeeasssse!!! What the hell do you think Jay Z raps about?? He raps about how much dough he has, what kind of car he drives, and how much ice he wears, with an OCCASIONAL deep song. Nas is a far less gimmicky rapper than Jigga is. Jay Z is only good for making commercial songs.

And Takevover is better than Ether as an overall song?? How?? Lyrically?? No way. Ether is 10 x nicer lyrically. Production? Maybe so. Takeover definatly had nice production, but other than that, its not that great of a song [though the diss to Mobb Deep was good, but his lines against Nas, in his own words, were LAAAAAAAAMMMMEEE!!!!!]

c'mon Geezy, I know you can do better than this.....you're not gonna let me win this easily are you??

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2002, 11:40:42 PM »

[though the diss to Mobb Deep was good, but his lines against Nas, in his own words, were LAAAAAAAAMMMMEEE!!!!!]

fuck jay if peeps knew tha whole deal  on it they would look at it completely differently but since im a mobb deep fan no1 will believe me.  now if jay wanted to diss nas good he should dwell on tha fact of how much of a hypocrit nas is.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2002, 11:44:13 PM »
bottom line-  nas won tha beef cuz when takeover dropped he came on tha radio an didnt even sound fazed by it.  when ether leaked jay was on hot 97 an sounded shook as fuck an than he dropped that joke of a song, suger ugly an to make matters worse he went on tha radio an apologized for tha one line cuz his mom forced him to or some shit.  Now if u think takeover was better or ether was better thats ur opinion but it was obvious ether had shaken jay

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2002, 12:28:07 AM »

Ok everyone, watch carefully as Razor destroys Geezy's argument effortlessly. *clears throat*

First off, Jigga didnt spit ANY facts in Takeover whatsoever.

The things you claim to be fact, I hate to say it, ARENT fact, but an opinion.

Nas being inconsistant is a fact?? WROOOOONG!!!!!!! That is an opinion. Illmatic = 5 mics, It Was Written = 4 mics, I Am = 4 mics, Nastradamus = 3 mics, Stillmatic = 4.5 mics.......if you ask me, thats pretty consistant. Nas has made ONE sub-par album, while Jay has made at least 3 or 4 sub par albums. And on top of that, Illmatic shits all over ANY of Jay's albums anyday of the week.

Illmatic was his only success?? Um, wrong AGAIN. Illmatic is his most critically acclaimed album, but to say its his only success is just stupid, since its actually his lowest selling album.

Nas raps about gimmicks?? Pleeeeeeeeeeasssse!!! What the hell do you think Jay Z raps about?? He raps about how much dough he has, what kind of car he drives, and how much ice he wears, with an OCCASIONAL deep song. Nas is a far less gimmicky rapper than Jigga is. Jay Z is only good for making commercial songs.

And Takevover is better than Ether as an overall song?? How?? Lyrically?? No way. Ether is 10 x nicer lyrically. Production? Maybe so. Takeover definatly had nice production, but other than that, its not that great of a song [though the diss to Mobb Deep was good, but his lines against Nas, in his own words, were LAAAAAAAAMMMMEEE!!!!!]

c'mon Geezy, I know you can do better than this.....you're not gonna let me win this easily are you??

*watches razor fighting with the wall*...lol, funny how you make it a battle arguement...
anyways, when you hear the word sucsess, why the imidiate asosiation is seilz?....who said that a sucsessfull album is a selling one as well, I never said Illmatic was a comersially sucsessfull album, u gotta watch what u reading, I said it was his only sucsesfull album to that point(be4 Stillmatic droped). What JAY was saying on Takeover was the truth(even tho this isn't what makes Takeover the better dis, but since this is what u cought on, fine...) for many devoted NAS
fanz this was the truth, argueable or not, This is what made it so effective.
as for the albums ILLMATIC-5 , IWW-2.5, I am- 2.9, Nastradamus-1 Stillmatic-4.25-4.5.
RD-5, VOL1- 4.5, vol2-2.5, vol3-4.5, familia-4-4.25, blueprint-5
if u asking for my point of view.

According to what u've said, it spears as if u don't know what gimmicks actually are. As a lyrics listener I know that for 3 albums NAS was in a lyrical coma, all his lyrics where poorlly structured and trackz seemed like collections of recycled cliche's failing to paint vivid pictures, all blured unfocused and pointless. Gimmickz are the poetical seeming parts which were made by NAS to remind listeners that this is tha same guy who made ILLMATIC without even touching that same lyrical level in actuallity,  Gimmicks were Topics he only hinted at(becuase he failed to paint them fully) on tracks to atract serious-topic metter seekers. Jay can actually talk about whatever he wants, since he doesn't have structuring problems He can tell u about how he was fuckin a bitch and it will be better than NAS tring to tell you about some serious isue he hasn't really thought out how to tell yet.
it's what Ive been saying for years, it's not about the topic, it's about how well the rapper can tell it.

We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2002, 04:09:33 AM »

I would hardly call using single lines here and there mainlly for the sake of keeping one's memory alive as biting...And do you really think that one previouslly used line on a track is what makes the effect when it's by a lyricist of JAYz calliber?, NAS bit Rakim's whole vocal style and no one cared about that, Every rapper has been using previouslly used lines here and there, this isn't what I was talking about, I was talking about Recycling old lyrical patterns and tactics into lower quallity lyrical constructions only for the sake of reminding past glory.

If Jay was such a great MC then he wouldn't need to use other MC' lines in every other song, he would make his own trendsetting lines, but no, no-one hardly ever uses his lines because they're not worth using, lol. Plus, he basically suggested that he was better than Big when infact he's not even on Biggies level, and he's not the best because there are alot of other MC's out there that would be crowned the G.O.A.T over him.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2002, 04:11:31 AM »
For real, yall need to understand that before Jay Z resurected Nas' career, he was going down down down like a mutha

His career was in a rut, Nastradumus ?Ooochie Wally?

Cmon, Takeover was Jay Z simply poking Nas' career with a stick,

speaking of facts

- Queens niggaz run you nigggaz (Not really, Cohens the check writer up at Island/Def Jam)
- Rocafella died of AIDS (no, he didnt)
- you're a fake, a pussy, a stan ( ::))
- you 36 in a Karate class (36?)
- and here it is.....the greatest line of all time
"you tae bo hoe"
::)
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2002, 08:33:47 AM »
For real, yall need to understand that before Jay Z resurected Nas' career, he was going down down down like a mutha

His career was in a rut, Nastradumus ?Ooochie Wally?

Cmon, Takeover was Jay Z simply poking Nas' career with a stick,

speaking of facts

- Queens niggaz run you nigggaz (Not really, Cohens the check writer up at Island/Def Jam)
- Rocafella died of AIDS (no, he didnt)
- you're a fake, a pussy, a stan ( ::))
- you 36 in a Karate class (36?)
- and here it is.....the greatest line of all time
"you tae bo hoe"
::)

Jay Z was in a rut too.....Hardknock Life, anyone?? That album was total trash. Vol 3?? Another piece of commercial garbage. The Dynasty?? Slightly better, but still pretty weak. The Blueprint?? Much better than his last few albums, but 5 mics?? No way. 4 mics tops. And then he made that wack shit with R. Kelly best of both worlds.

Nas owns Jay Z, as an MC and as far as making albums go.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2002, 09:12:27 AM »
Jay Zs the King of Hip Hop, hows he in a rut
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2002, 10:46:10 AM »
the king of hip-hop? you must have a different perspective on hip-hop.
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2002, 01:05:30 PM »
Jay Zs the King of Hip Hop, hows he in a rut

Jay Z the king of hip hop?? ROFLMAO......first of all, I can name 30 MC's off the top of my head who are better than Jay Z, second of all, the king of hip hop for ALL TIME is dead, and he went by the name of Tupac Shakur last I saw [please dont even try to say Jigga is better than Pac, its bad enough you already think he's better than Nas].........and as for MC's who are alive. Jay isnt the king in that case either. Its probably Eminem.

Jigga is extremely overrated. He made ONE arguable classic [Reasonable Doubt], and two decent albums [Vol.1, and the Blueprint]. Almost everything else he's made has been commercial trash.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2002, 01:31:44 PM »

[though the diss to Mobb Deep was good, but his lines against Nas, in his own words, were LAAAAAAAAMMMMEEE!!!!!]

Can't believe this, I think Nas won for sure but I do give props to Jay for his verse on Takeover, it was dope and the part for Prodigy was terrible.  He didn't say shit except making fun his height and that his album sold more.  
Nas part was good, but the Prodigy part is weak.

Jome

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2002, 05:12:02 PM »
Yo Hellrazor, you're so biased towards Nas, it's not even funny.
If I consider myself 60% towards Jay Z vs. 40% Nas, then you are
99% Nas, and 1% tie.

That COULD go for Cliche & Euthinasia as well, but they seem to have a broader perspective on rap, especially Euthinasia.