Author Topic: Gay Author Outs Hip-Hop, Discusses The ''Double Life'' Of Rappers  (Read 265 times)

Elano

As SOHH previously reported Dean's Hiding In Hip-Hop documents his encounters with some of the hip-hop's biggest names as well has his own tumultuous upbringing.

Terrance hopes that telling his story will stop the degradation of homosexuals in hip-hop and continue the dialogue about sex and sexuality in the community which is so close to his heart.

"I have over 10 plus years in the entertainment industry especially in film and television," he said "I eventually ended up working my way up to MTV where I was a coordinator and working on live event shows such as movie awards, video music awards [and] hip-hop honors."

Through his job at MTV Terrance was able to rub elbows with a lot of celebrities.

"I've worked and socialized and fraternized a lot with a lot of the entertainers socially and intimately," he revealed. "I've been invited to their homes. I've been invited to their parties."

"I describe in my book, Hiding in Hip-Hop, that there were instances where I was invited to down low parties and I talk about getting the invitation to these exclusive invite only parties where men and woman are with the same sex," he continued.

In his memoir, Terrance details the activities of these lavish parties where drugs and alcohol flow and, as he says, "anything goes." Though he doesn't name names, Terrance provides thorough descriptions of each entertainment industry professional. He believes that readers will be able to identify the down-low celebrities.

"There may be some of the usual suspects that we have thought about their sexuality and questioned but I think a lot of people will be surprised to see the number of people who are in the book that we never even thought about who may be living a double life," he revealed.

The Watcher

Re: Gay Author Outs Hip-Hop, Discusses The ''Double Life'' Of Rappers
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 05:39:58 AM »
doesn't name names? in other words, its all bullshit

army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

K-9

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 05:58:13 AM »
Loon ???

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 06:28:31 AM »
doesn't name names? in other words, its all bullshit

Then again, it's understandable he doesn't want to spend the next two years in court

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 07:34:42 AM »
he aint mentionin no names, fuck it
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 11:45:36 AM »
Well we all know Lil' Cease is one of them.

But how does this cat think his book is gonna sell? It's 2008.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 06:18:30 PM »
for sure there is some gay rappers. I dont realy give a fuck. Altho if i listen to a certain rapper and find out hes gay well im not gona htink any less of him as a human shit its his choice. As a rapper tho dude will lose all credibilty because rap ot me is based on talent yes bt image has a lot to do with it as well.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 07:03:34 PM »
for sure there is some gay rappers. I dont realy give a fuck. Altho if i listen to a certain rapper and find out hes gay well im not gona htink any less of him as a human shit its his choice. As a rapper tho dude will lose all credibilty because rap ot me is based on talent yes bt image has a lot to do with it as well.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 09:02:26 PM »
There's been talk of downlow rappers for years. But at this point, I want them to be exposed by name. It'd be interesting to see how they would respond.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 09:08:15 PM »
"yayo bring the comdoms iam in room 203."

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 09:09:29 PM »
"yayo bring the comdoms iam in room 203."
:D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

smegma

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 10:28:16 PM »
Gay people are everywhere in the entertainment industry, except in hip hop. I've heard stories about several people that are supposedly gay or bi, including Will Smith, Usher and Method Man.