Author Topic: shelved albums  (Read 994 times)

D-Stress

Re: shelved albums
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2008, 05:24:51 AM »
Is "Supernova" By Left Eye The Album That She Recorded For Tha Row Under The Name "NINA"?
Sam Sneed-Sneed Indeed Never Leaked.
Did MC Hammer´s Album Have 2 Discs?Why You Say (Disc 1)?

WHY GET ALBUMS SHELVED????
ESP. PPL LIKE: NORE, BIG DADDY KANE,RAKIM,ETC. The Well-known rappers?

Soopahigh

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2008, 05:29:13 AM »
what are some albums that have been shelved but leaked? heres a few

Bilal - Love For Sale

any chance of hooking up this one ?

sure.

http://www.zshare.net/download/779499b70418/

props !

Also whats the difference between LL's Mr Smith and the OG ?
Anyone got that ?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 05:35:35 AM by Soopahigh »

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2008, 05:42:58 AM »
King T - Thy Kingdom Come

Shelved and then leaked as a bootleg.

it was officially released actually.

Not by King Tee or Aftermath, it wasn't.

yes King T was able to put it out independently, thanks to Dre & Interscope

That independent album was not through King Tee. He mentioned it in a recent interview where he first heard about the album from a friend, and saw the cover with the turkey.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2008, 05:46:30 AM »

That independent album was not through King Tee. He mentioned it in a recent interview where he first heard about the album from a friend, and saw the cover with the turkey.

read the interview again, and notice King T's comments about the content of that release.
that's where King T shoots himself in the foot.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2008, 06:26:27 AM »

read the interview again, and notice King T's comments about the content of that release.

This is an excerpt from the interview:

AllHipHop.com: For a minute there in the late ‘90s it really did seem like you were posed to be the next mainstream artist representing the West, being one of the first artists signed to Aftermath. Tracks you did with Dr. Dre like “Money” and “6 In’a Moe’nin” for Thy Kingdom Come still sound as good today as they did 10 years ago.

King T: That experience that I got rolling with Dre, being able to hang and do things with him was just phenomenal. I know so many secrets now about production and recording, making s**t sound good and the type of beats to pick to fit the mood or your voice. With things like that, it’s just incredible and I thank that brother to this day. I have to let it be known that Thy Kingdom Come never really came out. A lot of people talk about it and say it never really did s**t, but that album never really came out. What came out was a bootleg that somebody put out, whether they was with Aftermath or they got a hold of the tape or whatever, but that wasn’t the real album. The real album, boy if you could have heard it…it was crazy. But that’s the main ingredient and formula that we’re going to incorporate into this new King T album, and it’s going to be phenomenal.

AllHipHop.com: So you’re saying what did get released as Thy Kingdom Come, you never caked up off of that at all?

King T: Hell naw, nothing. Dre took care of a brother, but I got nothing from that. I don’t know how it got leaked out, and it could have been anything. The tracks that did get leaked out did sound good, even though some were unmixed, but I’m thankful that people were digging that and I’m gonna keep it going. Going down in the neighbourhood, everybody is talking about “Speak On It.” I’m like “How did y’all hear about that?” And they’re giving me this CD with a chicken on it, with some motherf***ing diamond rings on, and I’m like “What the f**k is this?” As if I’m gonna be like “King Jive Turkey” or some s**t. Dre’s calling me like, “Yo man, what’s going on?” and I’m asking him the same question, wondering who’s making money off my s**t. But it’s all good, it got put out there for a reason and I think motherf***ers wanted to hear it anyway. I still got love for Dre, and you’ll probably hear a couple of Dre tracks on the new album. I really shouldn’t be speaking on it, but it’s a possibility.

A bit inconclusive, but fuck it - I'm just glad we got to hear it. Who knows what other albums Iovine is sitting on?

D-Stress

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2008, 06:35:38 AM »
Is "Supernova" By Left Eye The Album That She Recorded For Tha Row Under The Name "NINA"?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2008, 07:00:57 AM »

This is an excerpt from the interview:

AllHipHop.com: For a minute there in the late ‘90s it really did seem like you were posed to be the next mainstream artist representing the West, being one of the first artists signed to Aftermath. Tracks you did with Dr. Dre like “Money” and “6 In’a Moe’nin” for Thy Kingdom Come still sound as good today as they did 10 years ago.

King T: That experience that I got rolling with Dre, being able to hang and do things with him was just phenomenal. I know so many secrets now about production and recording, making s**t sound good and the type of beats to pick to fit the mood or your voice. With things like that, it’s just incredible and I thank that brother to this day. I have to let it be known that Thy Kingdom Come never really came out. A lot of people talk about it and say it never really did s**t, but that album never really came out. What came out was a bootleg that somebody put out, whether they was with Aftermath or they got a hold of the tape or whatever, but that wasn’t the real album. The real album, boy if you could have heard it…it was crazy. But that’s the main ingredient and formula that we’re going to incorporate into this new King T album, and it’s going to be phenomenal.

AllHipHop.com: So you’re saying what did get released as Thy Kingdom Come, you never caked up off of that at all?

King T: Hell naw, nothing. Dre took care of a brother, but I got nothing from that. I don’t know how it got leaked out, and it could have been anything. The tracks that did get leaked out did sound good, even though some were unmixed, but I’m thankful that people were digging that and I’m gonna keep it going. Going down in the neighbourhood, everybody is talking about “Speak On It.” I’m like “How did y’all hear about that?” And they’re giving me this CD with a chicken on it, with some motherf***ing diamond rings on, and I’m like “What the f**k is this?” As if I’m gonna be like “King Jive Turkey” or some s**t. Dre’s calling me like, “Yo man, what’s going on?” and I’m asking him the same question, wondering who’s making money off my s**t. But it’s all good, it got put out there for a reason and I think motherf***ers wanted to hear it anyway. I still got love for Dre, and you’ll probably hear a couple of Dre tracks on the new album. I really shouldn’t be speaking on it, but it’s a possibility.

A bit inconclusive, but fuck it - I'm just glad we got to hear it. Who knows what other albums Iovine is sitting on?

yeah i remember reading it.

offcourse i'm glad that we've got to hear it too; just like some of hittman's stuff  :)

i was just correcting you  ;)

everlast1986

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2008, 07:59:42 AM »
Added Above The Law and TQ

D-Stress

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2008, 09:28:24 AM »

everlast1986

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2008, 09:45:38 AM »

I don't think the 'Supernova' was the album supposed to be put out by Tha Row.

I removed Sam Sneed because I can't find it anywhere.

According to DJR the MC Hammer was supposed to be a double album but only disc 1 leaked so far. I didn't know either but DJR seems to know his Death Row.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2008, 11:32:46 AM »
this could be a classic thread if the albums were actually posted.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

everlast1986

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2008, 12:20:14 PM »
^ I'm planning on doing a shelved album hook up thread in the spot if other people are willing to contribute. I have a good deal of whats on the list though.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2008, 01:01:33 PM »

Damn, what's the matter with you?

Anyway, cool thread.
Soon we can add albums like The Greatest Story Never Told, Nacirema Dream, A Day In The Life Of Jody Breeze, Beachcruiser, The Reformation, B.O.S.S., Detox, The Middle Passage, Revolutionary Vol. 3, Loved By Few, Hated By Many, Until My Death +++ to that list.

Crooked's "Unctouchable" from 2000 and "Say Hi To The Bad Guy" from 2002/2003 ?
Cuban Link's 2k4 from 2003
Lloyd Banks' The Big Withdraw from 2005
Nas' I Am... (OG) from 1999
R. Kelly's  "Loveland" from 2002, "Making Babies" from 2006 and "Musical Virus" from 2006
Quan's "Q.U.A.N." ?
Didn't Stack Bundles had an album ready/in the making?
TQ's "Listen" - wasn't that a European release only?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 01:32:25 PM by K.Dub »

kemizt

dameons

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2008, 11:03:26 PM »
I love it when anyone mentions A.D.O.R..Big fan here of his stuff..Anyone have a link to the concrete lp..?

D-Stress

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2008, 03:05:59 AM »

I don't think the 'Supernova' was the album supposed to be put out by Tha Row.

I removed Sam Sneed because I can't find it anywhere.

According to DJR the MC Hammer was supposed to be a double album but only disc 1 leaked so far. I didn't know either but DJR seems to know his Death Row.

thanks.