Author Topic: Dj Quik  (Read 270 times)

window

• Lil Geezy
Dj Quik
« on: May 15, 2008, 05:53:35 AM »
Yes, it's my first post, but I been on this site for years blah, blah, blah.  Now that thats out of the way:

What is going on with Quik?

I can't understand why dude doesn't blow up commercially.  Is it his fault? Cause it seems every project he touches (personally - like his albums) they are doomed.  He has an amazing story of ups and downs, better than most artists, but the public doesn't seem to get it.  Why?  I'm not talking record sales, I mean, why isn't he getttin his dues like say Kanye West?  He's a better lyrically and musically.

To me, Trauma & Rhythm-Al-Ism were his best musical efforts that deserved greater recognition.  Every hip-hop magazine you read which has a Quik interview mentions this, but things never change.  Is he destined to be the most underrated ever?  I think so.  Every time he releases an album, he promotes it by saying "its the best work ever", then after it doesn't do well, he retracts and says that he was going through "business problems at the time..." Look at the Fixxers project, now it looks like he's blaming AMG!

I don't know if anyone agrees with me here, but I would love hearing a Quik track on the radio, or a Quik produced track in regular rotation. or even a god damn remix, rather than the ususal suspects: Lil Wayne, TI, Akon  (What the fuck?)

Why don't any more R& B artists fuck with him? (Usher, Chris Brown, Mariah) Look at what Premier did with Christina Aguilera.  Timbo went pop, look what it did for him (and don't talk all the bullshit about falling off)
What happened to him producing for Nas' album? Is it cause he's hard to work with?

Nima! I think its time for an interview...

D-Stress

Re: DJ Quik
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 06:01:04 AM »
hes from tha west coast homie, thats why.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: Dj Quik
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 06:22:42 AM »
I'd rather he didn't blow up....i don't want to hear him on the radio constantly, as I think i'd get sick of him.  Once you hit mainstream, it's over.  Look at Snoop, he's a perfect example.  I'd rather see quik do tracks with kurupt and Suga Free and stay underground than do tracks with Soulja Boy just to get radio play.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 06:33:15 AM »
I'd rather he didn't blow up....i don't want to hear him on the radio constantly, as I think i'd get sick of him.  Once you hit mainstream, it's over.  Look at Snoop, he's a perfect example.  I'd rather see quik do tracks with kurupt and Suga Free and stay underground than do tracks with Soulja Boy just to get radio play.
Yeah, that's why we Soopafly fans are so lucky! He is so underground that his own family don't even know about his music!  8)

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 06:50:24 AM »

stupid kid, Snoop was mainstream ever since The Chronic dropped.  ::)
Get yourself a life and an education and stop sucking other ppl's dicks.

Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 07:05:42 AM »
deep cover

D-Stress

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 07:20:07 AM »
100%.i agree.
Yeah, that's why we Soopafly fans are so lucky! He is so underground that his own family don't even know about his music!
believe its better than what snoops doin now.
stupid kid, Snoop was mainstream ever since The Chronic dropped
but he wasnt "so mainstream" that he was doin songs with timberlake, bitchney spears and tracks like "(homo)sexual seduction".

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 07:36:52 AM »
Yeah, that's why we Soopafly fans are so lucky! He is so underground that his own family don't even know about his music!  8)

Tell me about it....that's another reason why The Man is so great.  He doesn't even want to blow up.  Fly's content just with making music for his true fans like us.  He's got bitches' mouths to introduce his dick to, he doesn't have time to be making radio and TV appearances. 

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 11:29:48 AM »

Tell me about it....that's another reason why The Man is so great.  He doesn't even want to blow up.  Fly's content just with making music for his true fans like us.  He's got bitches' mouths to introduce his dick to, he doesn't have time to be making radio and TV appearances. 

everybody wanna blow up even fly but the world isn´t ready for the pimp´d shit thats why snoop switched his style back 2 (gangsta)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 11:42:42 AM »
Read his interview he did a while back with dubcnn (in which they only asked him easy questions, not the tough questions that i'm going to ask him when he stays at my house in July), Fly said he could give a fuck if he blows up or not.  So I guess I worded my response wrong.  I don't mean he refuses to blow up, he just doesn't care.  He makes music for his fans, not for the radio.....UNLIKE Snoop who makes music for the radio and TV and NOT for his fans that want him to go back to the Doggystyle Snoop.

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 11:51:03 AM »
Read his interview he did a while back with dubcnn (in which they only asked him easy questions, not the tough questions that i'm going to ask him when he stays at my house in July), Fly said he could give a fuck if he blows up or not.  So I guess I worded my response wrong.  I don't mean he refuses to blow up, he just doesn't care.  He makes music for his fans, not for the radio.....UNLIKE Snoop who makes music for the radio and TV and NOT for his fans that want him to go back to the Doggystyle Snoop.
maybe in the beggining they make music cause of music and then 4 the money i don´t care what they say i don´t belive them i don´t say only fly
all of them