Author Topic: Hip Hop Is Now Hip Pop  (Read 1233 times)

JAE

Re: Hip Hop Is Now Hip Pop
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2002, 03:22:36 PM »
Well i know ima get "hate replies" here but you guys seem to miss the truth here. Eminem is like one of the biggest "pop rappers". He can be serious but lets run down a list of his singles shall we...

My name is - poppy
Real Slim shady - poppy
Purple Pills - Popp'y
Without me - More poppy than seeds

Call me a "hater" (if you dumbasses even know what that is) but im tellin the truth here. Respect is due cause hes an above average (very good) lyrisict but face it, Hes mr MTV. Every award show hes there. Every first single is poppy as fuck so he can sell records. Why should he care about selling records if hes the "realest". Eminem is not a voice of the youth like you guys think. Maybe i shouldnt even press the post button cause this will cause people (jome, now-i-know) to call me a hater. JAE speaks the truth. Im not tryna bring emin'm down but the truth is he aint no real rapper. He is pop man. Face it. Hes not God.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2002, 07:36:19 PM »
Hip-Hop is now Hip Pop

We are in the year 2002 and we are experiencing a new wave of hip-hop.  The new wave of hip-hop is a joke with rappers like Cam’Ron and his boyfriend Juelz Santana, Ludacris, and finally Mr. Pop himself NELLY.  

Boy-do you ever suck! LOL..what a cornball.  Calling Juelz Cam's boyfriend? LOL-you know what they say about homophobes..theyre the ones that want dick. LOL..

I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2002, 08:15:49 PM »
No dount Eminem is pop. I guess he's his own worst enemy lol. But at least he got mad skill and deserves respect from hip hop heads.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2002, 04:53:45 AM »
I in no way regard Em as a 'pop' act, it's like he said before, he may make catchy tunes but he makes his own catchy tunes, and thats true because you don't see him following any trends, he doesn't get hot producers of the moment (like the Neptunes etc) producing hits for him, he does it all on his own account. I respect his music for that because it's all him, he does what he wants, when he wants, unlike pop acts that are manufactured and told what to say, wear, do etc, thats pop to me, Em is beyond that shit, everyone just calls him pop 'cos he gets alot of mainstream attention, if he still made the type of music he does today but didn't sell as much and was basically underground people wouldn't be labelling him pop and would still respect him as an MC.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

infinite59

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2002, 05:12:05 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1032754777;start=0#18 date=09/24/02 at 09:53:45]I in no way regard Em as a 'pop' act, it's like he said before, he may make catchy tunes but he makes his own catchy tunes, and thats true because you don't see him following any trends, he doesn't get hot producers of the moment (like the Neptunes etc) producing hits for him, he does it all on his own account. I respect his music for that because it's all him, he does what he wants, when he wants, unlike pop acts that are manufactured and told what to say, wear, do etc, thats pop to me, Em is beyond that shit, everyone just calls him pop 'cos he gets alot of mainstream attention, if he still made the type of music he does today but didn't sell as much and was basically underground people wouldn't be labelling him pop and would still respect him as an MC.

^^^^^^ I don't think Euthenasia has ever said one thing I've disagreed with.  This muthafuckin stays on point like Allen Iverson!!!  

*Allen Iverson is a point gaurd.  Sorry, not the best metaphor*

JAE

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2002, 03:04:54 PM »
Im glad you guys like him for his skill and not his singles. Its just that every time a new eminem single comes out I wanna keep my computer off for a week cause this board is basicly flooded with everyones opinion on the song. Like someone said above "hes his own worst enemy". He got big for dissin pop stars and what is he now? I dont say stuff against him to hate on him. I just say it cause some people here need a reality check. Not everyone loves him. And not everyone thinks hes the greatist. And I seriously find some of his singles more annoying than some nsync songs.

Doggystylin

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2002, 04:55:28 PM »

^^^^^^ I don't think Euthenasia has ever said one thing I've disagreed with.  This muthafuckin stays on point like Allen Iverson!!!  

*Allen Iverson is a point gaurd.  Sorry, not the best metaphor*

could you have possibly come up with anything gayer than that? LMAO

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2002, 05:16:13 PM »
EM's last 2 lp's have been all about bitches...ImO
His Mom's His wifey, britney, Limp Bizkit, IcP, Nsync, Christina...ect

It's the same ole shitt to me, I'd rather hear about pussy & Liquer than about How stupid someone's mom's is....or how much of a whore his girfriend is, or how much of a banned individual he is...lol

Eminem is a good rhyme sayer, but nothin' special.
Just another cd in the stack at my pad, just telling u how I feel about Em.
I have all of his ish Including "Infinite" and it's just another stack of cd's to me. I won't point blind disses at mc's who I do not even own any of their (Ja..Nelly..Jigga..ect) records and bash them on all post's.

I own all the Em cd's and I can honestly tell you that he's just a plain rapper to me. nothin' more or nothin less, just another face we have to fucken watch on tv everyday cause of his Pop appeal.....it's just true it's not a diss.

What suck's is he has the potential to drop real ish....and he don't, or maybe it's cause I can't relate to his topics. :'(
So I come to my conclusion...IMO

Eminem= the new "KING OF POP".
Hatesrats 2oo2

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2002, 05:42:43 PM »

EM's last 2 lp's have been all about bitches...ImO
His Mom's His wifey, britney, Limp Bizkit, IcP, Nsync, Christina...ect

It's the same ole shitt to me, I'd rather hear about pussy & Liquer than about How stupid someone's mom's is....or how much of a whore his girfriend is, or how much of a banned individual he is...lol

Eminem is a good rhyme sayer, but nothin' special.
Just another cd in the stack at my pad, just telling u how I feel about Em.
I have all of his ish Including "Infinite" and it's just another stack of cd's to me. I won't point blind disses at mc's who I do not even own any of their (Ja..Nelly..Jigga..ect) records and bash them on all post's.

I own all the Em cd's and I can honestly tell you that he's just a plain rapper to me. nothin' more or nothin less, just another face we have to fucken watch on tv everyday cause of his Pop appeal....Face it.

What suck's is he has the potential to drop real ish....and he don't, or maybe it's cause I can't relate to his topics. :'(
So I come to my conclusion...IMO

Eminem= the new "KING OF POP".
Hatesrats 2oo2

eminem gets a lot deeper than some of tha guys this board dick rides but it aint worth gettin into.  he spits about his life an what relates to him.  if he rapped about bein a gangsta or a pimp ya'll would still call him a fake so its basically a lose lose situation for eminem.  he is white so he is goin push mad units so u will hate on him for that.  but tha board dont hate on dre for pushin 7 million wit 2001 tho.  u all bitch about eminem bein at award shows,  so is every other platinum rapper.  no1 hates  when snoop goes on trl.  so no matter what its a lose lose situation for eminem

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
JAE
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2002, 05:50:45 PM »
Im not tryna bring emin'm down but the truth is he aint no real rapper.
::) ::) ::)
The truth is, you're really oxymoronic.

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Hatesrats
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2002, 05:52:02 PM »
...or maybe it's cause I can't relate to his topics.
::)That's probably why.

JAE

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2002, 05:52:25 PM »

eminem gets a lot deeper than some of tha guys this board dick rides but it aint worth gettin into.  he spits about his life an what relates to him.  if he rapped about bein a gangsta or a pimp ya'll would still call him a fake so its basically a lose lose situation for eminem.  he is white so he is goin push mad units so u will hate on him for that.  but tha board dont hate on dre for pushin 7 million wit 2001 tho.  u all bitch about eminem bein at award shows,  so is every other platinum rapper.  no1 hates  when snoop goes on trl.  so no matter what its a lose lose situation for eminem

horrible examples. dre and snoop have as much dick riders as they have "haters".

JAE

Re: JAE
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2002, 05:53:35 PM »

::) ::) ::)
The truth is, you're really oxymoronic.

How is that. I said Im not trying to bring him down. And i said hes not a real rapper. Is he reading this? So how would I be bringing him down.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2002, 05:59:07 PM »

horrible examples. dre and snoop have as much dick riders as they have "haters".

not on this board they dont,  an whenever some1 has a gripe wit them they r labled a hater

JAE

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2002, 06:02:31 PM »

not on this board they dont,  an whenever some1 has a gripe wit them they r labled a hater

Yeah thats why i put the " in between haters. I dont believe they're is such a thing as a "hater". Its bullshit if you ask me. But Im labeled as an eminem hater cause I dont like him.