Author Topic: Hip Hop Is Now Hip Pop  (Read 1234 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Hip Hop Is Now Hip Pop
« on: September 22, 2002, 06:19:37 PM »
Hip-Hop is now Hip Pop

We are in the year 2002 and we are experiencing a new wave of hip-hop.  The new wave of hip-hop is a joke with rappers like Cam’Ron and his boyfriend Juelz Santana, Ludacris, and finally Mr. Pop himself NELLY.  I only named a few rappers there are plenty more rappers than those that are just horrible. I am going to diminish their so-called lyrical skills on the mic because they should be put in place in this real hip hop world.  

Cam’Ron and his boyfriend Juelz Santana rap about how many “bitches” they fuck and how “bitches” are on their jock and they also rap about how much money they have.  Juelz Santana wrote a line that goes like this “Ma, What's your age and type? She looked at me and said use a baby right I told her, I'm 18 and live a crazy life Plus I'll tell you what the 80's like”, now I am no rocket scientist but what the hell does the 80s have to do with anything here? The rest of the verse reflects these few lines. And the rest of the song is how girls like to get fucked by them.  Cam’Ron in “Oh boy” states “All the girls see the (Boy) look at his kicks (Boy) Look at his car (Boy) all they say is (Oh Boy)”.  This line is saying how girls like his rich objects that he bought thanks to his fans.  It is cool to have party music, songs for the club, or pop music but they should not categorize it as hip-hop like this.

Ludacris is lyrically talented but he uses his talent and throws it all away with his party songs.  Correct me if I am wrong but “Move Bitch” is similar to “ Drop ‘bows on ‘em”.  It is the same type of song but different lyrics and a different type of beat.  People that think the Ludacris songs are cool but dislike rappers like Nas, Public Enemy, and other real hip-hop artist are not even hip-hop fans.  Club songs are ruling the radio stations, the T.V, and homes around the world.  Now the situation with Nelly is just absurd and plain out dumb. He is the worse rapper of all time.  He completely does not value what hip-hop truly means.

It is a shame how this new wave of hip-hop is calling hip-hop.  They are saying this is a golden age for hip-hop but it is bullshit.  It is destroying it. It is changing what hip-hop started out to be.  2pac, Nas, Public Enemy, Rakim, the Roots, Dead Prez, and Dilated Peoples political views on the world are going to be extinct thanks to the new rappers are digging a grave for hip-hop and opening the door to pop.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
Re: Hip Hop Is Now Hip Pop
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2002, 06:47:03 PM »
Word up homie, these new cats giving a bad name to hip hop, I mean i aint a hater, i respect all music generes even if i dont dig em, they can do their thing, but shouldnt claim hip hop.  I mean, hip hop is flowing poetry, str8 lyrics with meaning, thats wht makes it diffrent, but they spittin senseless shallow shit.  They on tha airwaves, so thats the impression people get of hip hop..pz

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2002, 07:07:41 PM »
Hip Hop started out as party music. I agree that the situation is completely getting out of hand though. It seems everyone has to make a club banger on their record. Only a handful of M.C.'s are getting radio-play without talking about bitches, money and clubbin' like Scarface, OutKast, Nas, Eminem and to an extent Jay-Z. That was hardly the case in the early 90's.

Luda is ill though. I can't see him doing anything else but fun tracks. Imagine a serious Ludacris LOL!, although his verse on "Growing Pains" was tight as fuck.

Pillow

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2002, 07:23:04 PM »
yea i agree, but u cant take away from all the real hip hop rappers such as eminem, xibit and so on....

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2002, 10:44:35 PM »
yall forgetting the biggest hip-poper of them all... or atleast one of the biggest... eminem

(getting ready to recieve the hate-replies)

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2002, 11:02:14 PM »
Man, hip hop lost so much of its edge and appeal to me in the past couple of years. It's like a flood of pop muthafuckaz just took over.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2002, 11:46:52 PM »
one thing that cracks me up is when J-Lo wins the MTV hiphop award, and when Ja rule calls Ashanti the princess of hiphop!!!!  :o

i mean..... how the fuck is j-Lo and ashanti hiphop?? lol..... its a joke..... and ja rule?? he only sings on all his records..... he aint hiphop either....  >:(
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2002, 02:55:45 AM »
Plus, real R&B fans dont even consider J. LO a singer to that type of music. J. LO is the same as Britney spears but with "hip hop" flava. and Ashanti is the same thing.  I bet you anything that if Ashanti was on American Idol, she will not even make the top 10. They will tell her, shes a horrible singer.  People that rate all kinds of music see hip hop as a joke.  It's a joke Thanx to people that dont know how to sing , and thanx to weak rappers.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2002, 02:58:03 AM »
Your just talking about commercially successful hip-hop, mainstream hip-hop. Hip-hop is SOOOOO much bigger than what gets played on MTV and on the radio, you just have to be willing to look for it. Alot of underground rappers are dope too (I mean REALLY underground), then you have groups like J5, Dilated Peoples, Gangstarr etc etc. All these commercial acts are giving hip-hop a bad name right now 'cos some people are too ignorant to realise that thats not all hip-hop has to offer, it's so much more than that. I know you all know this too.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2002, 04:57:56 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1032754777;start=0#8 date=09/23/02 at 07:58:03]Your just talking about commercially successful hip-hop, mainstream hip-hop. Hip-hop is SOOOOO much bigger than what gets played on MTV and on the radio, you just have to be willing to look for it. Alot of underground rappers are dope too (I mean REALLY underground), then you have groups like J5, Dilated Peoples, Gangstarr etc etc. All these commercial acts are giving hip-hop a bad name right now 'cos some people are too ignorant to realise that thats not all hip-hop has to offer, it's so much more than that. I know you all know this too.

Word. There's heaps of dope underground shit. Fuck the mainstream.

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2002, 09:19:51 AM »
I can't wait until everyone gets sick of mainstream hip pop and it just dies as a whole. So that the real muthafuckaz can take their spots. This shit is just a trend anyways, it will die in a few years.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2002, 10:25:07 AM »
i see everyone hatin on killa but i bet half of you have never even heard his underground shit with coc.

as for ludacris...he was always weak.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2002, 12:57:12 PM »
I see what you guys are saying, but you have to realize that when a new fan is listening to the radio or watchin BET OR MTV they see mainstream , and wheter you like it or not they represent hip hop.  Only true fans know who the real hip hop artists are. And please stop saying back in da day he was tite , when he was ungerground. FUCK THAT already . we are in the present hes CURRENTLY making that type of music. It does not matter what he did 1 year ago, 2 years ago and so on. Its TODAY that we are worried about

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2002, 01:03:53 PM »
See the thing is that when Hip-Pop dies, so does Hip-Hop. Even KRS said there needs to be a balance between the two. Hip-Hop will faid eventually. It's hard to imagion, but eventually it will fad out, and only true hip-hop heads will listen. I do think though that real Hip-Hop will then emerge, and in shortly after Hip-Hop fads out, then real Hip-Hop will slowly climb up again.

Pillow

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2002, 01:49:35 PM »
one thing that cracks me up is when J-Lo wins the MTV hiphop award, and when Ja rule calls Ashanti the princess of hiphop!!!!  :o

i mean..... how the fuck is j-Lo and ashanti hiphop?? lol..... its a joke..... and ja rule?? he only sings on all his records..... he aint hiphop either....  >:(

yea really, thats exactly what i said when i was watchin it, i couldnt belive what the fuck i was seein