Author Topic: Hip Hop Is Now Hip Pop  (Read 1236 times)

HBKid_Jr

Re: Hip Hop Is Now Hip Pop
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2002, 06:51:42 PM »

Yeah thats why i put the " in between haters. I dont believe they're is such a thing as a "hater". Its bullshit if you ask me. But Im labeled as an eminem hater cause I dont like him.

hey welcome to tha club.  i came 2 this board as a snoop fan but when i had one little gripe wit snoop i was labled a hater,  an i jus went wit it an now i cant stand snoop cuz of this board
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Pillow

Re: JAE
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2002, 07:10:09 PM »

::) ::) ::)
The truth is, you're really oxymoronic.

lol yea really, sayin EM is not a tru rapper is fuckin insane, but always got ta deal with tha haters.

infinite59

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2002, 09:45:45 PM »

hey welcome to tha club.  i came 2 this board as a snoop fan but when i had one little gripe wit snoop i was labled a hater,  an i jus went wit it an now i cant stand snoop cuz of this board

It's okay. There's enough Snoop fans to go around.  We don't need half ass fans anyway.  Snoop, the West Coast Legend!!!!

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2002, 08:27:23 AM »

It's okay. There's enough Snoop fans to go around.  We don't need half ass fans anyway.  Snoop, the West Coast Legend!!!!

yo baba,  please tell me how im a half assed fan.  explain this 2 me

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
An oxymoron. . .
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2002, 12:08:35 PM »
JAE, the reason that I called you "oxymoronic" is because, first you said that Eminem's a "very good lyricist," but then you said that Eminem "ain't no real rapper."

JAE, if he's such a good lyricist, then how can you say that he's not a real rapper???

JAE

Re: An oxymoron. . .
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2002, 12:54:23 PM »
JAE, the reason that I called you "oxymoronic" is because, first you said that Eminem's a "very good lyricist," but then you said that Eminem "ain't no real rapper."

JAE, if he's such a good lyricist, then how can you say that he's not a real rapper???

He can put words together well. He can flow well. He can rhyme well... But his topics? The things he raps about makes him less and less "real" in the hip hop world. Hes a pop star and thats why he isnt "real" anymore. If he wants his respect back he should try to stay out of the public and not promote his albums so much with shitty singles. Thats why.

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Re: Re: An oxymoron. . .
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2002, 08:31:21 PM »
He can put words together well. He can flow well. He can rhyme well... But his topics? The things he raps about makes him less and less "real" in the hip hop world. Hes a pop star and thats why he isnt "real" anymore. If he wants his respect back he should try to stay out of the public and not promote his albums so much with shitty singles. Thats why.

So, you say that Eminem isn't a real rapper because of his topics? Okay, then what are some of these "topics" that bother you so much?

Also, you say that he isn't real because he's "a pop star"??? Some of the best hip hop artists of all time were pop stars!

And lastly, you say that Eminem should stay out of the public's eye if he wants respect? That's just plain ridiculous, man. There's not a whole lot wrong with putting out an occasional poppy single now and then to make money, as long as the majority of your music is good. If the single bothers you so much, then skip the track, (or change the channel, or whatever the case may be). According to your logic, you pretty much have to be underground to get respect.

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
JAE
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2002, 09:11:45 PM »
JAE, I'm curious, who are some of your favorite MCs, DJs, and producers?

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2002, 04:14:21 AM »
Guys, lets try and bring this shit on topic, lets not make this into an Eminem thread, ok  ;)

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

JAE

Re: An oxymoron. . .
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2002, 12:56:49 PM »

Also, you say that he isn't real because he's "a pop star"??? Some of the best hip hop artists of all time were pop stars!

Hip hops best were pop stars? Oh please. You seem like more of an underground head so I cant believe youd say that. Please give me a list of "hip hops best".

So, you say that Eminem isn't a real rapper because of his topics? Okay, then what are some of these "topics" that bother you so much?

None of them actully bother me but his topics are played out just like his singles. Lets run down a list shall we...

His Mom
His Whore of a girlfriend
Britney
Nsync
Moby
Pop stars...

The thing I dont like about him is that he disses pop stars but he is as much of one as Nsync is.
>= link=board=outbound;num=1032754777;start=20#38 date=09/26/02 at 09:14:21]Guys, lets try and bring this shit on topic, lets not make this into an Eminem thread, ok  ;)

Yeah I agree. But the topic is pop so that brings eminem into it.

JAE, I'm curious, who are some of your favorite MCs, DJs, and producers?

DJ Quik, suga free, AMG, Hi-c, Playa Hamm, 2nd ii none, WC, Mausberg, Celly Cel, Spice 1, Too Short, Richie Rich.

Im not sayin these guys are the "realest" but none of them are pop and they are my fav artists.

And lastly, you say that Eminem should stay out of the public's eye if he wants respect? That's just plain ridiculous, man. There's not a whole lot wrong with putting out an occasional poppy single now and then to make money, as long as the majority of your music is good. If the single bothers you so much, then skip the track, (or change the channel, or whatever the case may be). According to your logic, you pretty much have to be underground to get respect.

Ill put it like this...

You do commercials
Promote a product that isnt yours
Make a single poppy on purpose to relate to MTV or the dumb kids that listen to only the chart toppers

Then You are pop.

Being pop isnt a good thing at all.