Author Topic: Twista Finishing His Kamikaze....  (Read 392 times)

Myrealname

Twista Finishing His Kamikaze....
« on: September 23, 2002, 02:54:07 AM »
"Hopefully this will go on and do platinum plus," Twista said Wednesday about his new LP, the long-talked-about Kamikaze.

"I want all the positives as far as me representing for my city and people acknowledging me on a higher level. There was a lot of personal and business pressure [recording] the first half of the album. I was going through a lot of legal troubles. The second half of the album, the pressure was released off me and I was just working, having fun with it."

The Windy City native, who has been making his rounds collaborating on LPs from everyone from P. Diddy and Timbaland to Disturbing Tha Peace and Too Short, said he was rounding the home stretch of his own project. He's planning to finally put it out early next year.

"It's pretty much finished up, coming out first quarter," he disclosed. "We got that 'Tattoo' single we're working now. As far as featured artists, we got Ludacris on there, Freeway on there and Too Short. Then I got production from Kanye West, Timbaland, my guy Toxic from Chicago and I got Jazze Pha on there.

"I'm down to my last two or three songs," he added. "[You're gonna get] that same Adrenaline Rush feel, but I slowed it down on some songs. I finessed it. I'm taking you back to the styles. Everybody is just rapping now, I'm taking you back to the styles."

He also has a few different choices of which cut to use for the album's first video.

"Right now it's the 'Tattoo' song, but it might be this song called 'Favorite Drink,' " he explained. "It's a comparison between women and my favorite drinks. Man please, I like Grey Goose, Hennessey ... Them my two favorite. I like all the chicks. That helped me on the song, 'cause I really wasn't prejudiced with the females. I like them tall, short, slim, thick, light, dark. That's where the comparisons come with the drinks. Light liquor, dark liquor. Short glass, tall glass."

One female who is feeling him on the music tip as much as he is digging her is Lil' Kim. Twista, who may also appear on Craig David's next LP, recently laid vocals for the rhyme siren's upcoming album.

"She's real cool, down to earth," he said of Kim. "We put it down the way two artists are supposed to. I think [the song] is gonna be called 'Thug Love.' It's about a guy and a female, on that thug sh-- together. You always hear about two guys going for something or two females going for something together. But it's like a guy and female teaming up on some Mickey and Mallory mode."

When he hasn't been in artist mode, the mouthy MC has been focusing on being an executive. His independent label, Legit Ballin, recently released Legit Ballaz: Respect the Game Vol. 3, a compilation featuring the company's artists.

"You can expect a variety of Chi-town flavor like you never heard before," he said of the project. "When you listen to that album you see it's a variety, it's a unique sound. Us as a label, us as a crew, we got different sounds than what's out there and we all sound different from each other. It's a trip to hear so many rappers that be around each other all day sound so different."

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jome

Re: Twista Finishing His Kamikaze....
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2002, 09:17:20 AM »
yea, this is gonna be hot shit.
Finally Twista will get his shine, the producers seem hot as hell.

WCC ain't got no love for Twista?
0 replies & 1 view??
WCC is all on BTNH dick.

Bishop

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Get Addicted!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2002, 02:17:21 PM »
my two favorite rappers of all time are pac and twista so u know i'll have this shit.

i love twista for the fact that diddy offered him everything and more but twista turned it down... said he'd rather be broke and in chicago... he gets home sick too quick.

thats my man right there... and u gotta love that he's got luda on there... they work well together.

also check out twista on the remix to nappy roots Po' Folks

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2002, 02:27:53 PM »
Twista is pure fuckin' uncut heat. Twista + Kanye West are Chi-Town's finest and can't wait to hear their collabo.

S.G.V.

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2002, 03:37:08 PM »
man peeps on here sleep on anything thats remotely underground....Twista rips up almost every damn track hes on...only song i wish would happen: Twista & TechN9ne over a Pastor Troy beat...now that would be 51.50

Smooth

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2002, 03:40:07 PM »
Twista is the shit!... "Twista And The Speedknot Mobstaz" was a great cd... can't wait till this drops...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2002, 10:13:42 AM »
Damn! I cant for this Twista album.......Twista is just str8 heat......he can bust it up wit that quick ass rap or he can come off smooth as fuck when he wants........just heat!

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2002, 11:11:40 AM »
Twista is tight, can't wait for the album.....

he rips up everything he is on.

:D