Author Topic: Would anyone else feel differently bout joining the military if Obama was prez?  (Read 716 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Obama as Commander and Chief could change things when it comes to America's role on the world stage.  Having an African man who grew up in Indonesia and had a Muslim father might make me potentially consider joining the navy or something...( because I have been having financial, carear, and school problems).

What do ya'll think?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
aren't you libertarian? against government intervening in foreign affairs unless its a direct threat to us?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Don't fool yourself into thinking that Obama (or almost anyone for that matter) can come in and end all U.S. armed combat in the world. While the military industrial complex remains supreme and the citizens are oblivious of this, America will continue to be thrust into battles around the world. Political pressure may force the next president to end the war in Iraq, but don't think another country is not next in line.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
aren't you libertarian? against government intervening in foreign affairs unless its a direct threat to us?

Well right now I'm eatin off the government health care system looting the tax payers money and providing "care" in a way that is totally innefficient and rarely meets its objectives.

The idea in joining the navy under Obama would be to get a workout, wire all my paychecks to a savings account, and get out in 3 years having never stepped foot in Afganistan, Somalia, Iraq, or Iran.   Getting thru three years without any combat and setting up my future financially.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 12:30:10 AM by Abdul-Infinite presents... (I)Eye-yaric »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
As long as there's a "war on terror" i would never consider joining no matter who the president was.

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Death is certain, life is not
Don't fool yourself into thinking that Obama (or almost anyone for that matter) can come in and end all U.S. armed combat in the world. While the military industrial complex remains supreme and the citizens are oblivious of this, America will continue to be thrust into battles around the world. Political pressure may force the next president to end the war in Iraq, but don't think another country is not next in line.
exactly, the president is a pawn, the real kingpin bosses run the military weaponry industries and shit, their benefits from war are fuckin crazy. And i dont see them losing their job or billions of dollars for obama, whether he becomes president or a fuckin god. but yeah most people ignore this

8) 8) 8)

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Word, the face may change but the fake inward and outwardly oppressive war on terror rolls on. The day one of these so called leaders calls a stop to this vileness is the day when my faith in mainstream politics is restored. I have a feeling that I will have a long wait on my hands before such a day is born.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Wouldn't you guys say that some leaders have been a bit more extreme in their military actions than others? 

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
just because of his color of his skin and background is the stupidest shit i ever heard. nigga isnt gettin up there by himself. white mans backing his ass up.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Death is certain, life is not
Wouldn't you guys say that some leaders have been a bit more extreme in their military actions than others? 
of course clowns like Bush back this kind of politics, but the other way around is impossible

8) 8) 8)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Well right now I'm eatin off the government health care system looting the tax payers money and providing "care" in a way that is totally innefficient and rarely meets its objectives.

The idea in joining the navy under Obama would be to get a workout, wire all my paychecks to a savings account, and get out in 3 years having never stepped foot in Afganistan, Somalia, Iraq, or Iran.   Getting thru three years without any combat and setting up my future financially.

not a bad idea....just make sure ur patriotic man, respect the country even if it does wrong things, thats part of joining the military...

Narrator

The closest I ever came to joining the Army was when I was 18 and I had just graduated high school without a job or any future plans of any sort.

My motivation was the fact that the DoD had just raised the college tuition reimbursement rates to $40 Grande a year...which would have really helped me get into the school I wanted to go to. Plus, Clinton was still president back then, so the worst I'd have had to worry about would have been getting shipped off to some pissant little peacekeeping operation like Sarajevo or Kosovo...as opposed to today, when you gotta worry about getting sent to Iraq or Afghanistan and getting your balls blown off by an IED (the most horrible way to get yourself killed or maimed, IMO).

Anyway, I would say I seriously considered doing it for about...I dunno, 3-4 minutes total? Even in those circumstances, I just wasn't desperate enough to do something as stupid as join the military. And even if Obama becomes President, he has said he intends to keep us in Afghanistan. Hardly an improvement.

Australian Bastard

i got fam in the military ("son all my killaz is fam none hired -Masta Killa") and they all desperately WANT soooo bad to go overseas, because that is what they train for every waking moment to do, the joy of opening fire and getting contact, plus you get showered with chedder from an overseas deployment, deployment in East Timor=$60,000 lump sum BOOM into your savings account after a 6 month deployment,
Afghanistan=BOOM $120,000. On top of your base rate of pay, which you always keep getting anyway constantly. Thats the Aussie military anyway, i dunno about the US, i hear it ain't as good for US infantrymen...the US navy would be cool though, id consider that...

The real money for infantrymen is in overseas deployment. Australia ain't really in Iraq anymore, but the heat may ease off the US there, Haliburton is doing its thing, the oil is secured...and we can always come provide air support and such and such while shia and sunni bang like crip and blood....

Afghanistan will probably be needing more help soon...So id say consider Infinite, but bear in mind you will have to get into the frame of mind that you will most likely be going somewhere overseas because that would be your job, so not wanting to would be counter-productive on the mental and hypocritical, you may not agree with the reasons (my brothers don't) but that as a soldier is beside the point when your job is to go there and eat the hearts of the taliban...

Although everyday, I rejoice that I didn't join myself, because you are basically owned, its totally different from civilian life...your actions are totally controlled.

Overfiend jus wants to drink tea, expel clouds of Jah smoke and finish u.n.i-versity...

« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 06:39:21 PM by OVERFIEND: The Black Pope of Dubcc. »

Elevz

Surely the whole concept of being in the military would change if Obama is the president. ::)

jeromechickenbone

lol, what happens when you get deployed to Iran and have to kill Muslims? 

You're a trip bro