Poll

Is Jay-Z A Better Songwriter Than Tupac?

YES
11 (19.3%)
NO
46 (80.7%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Is Jay-Z A Better Songwriter Than Tupac?  (Read 673 times)

westsiderider323

Re: Is Jay-Z A Better Songwriter Than Tupac?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 01:14:26 PM »
hell no!! jay-z bites too much

Blood$

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 01:42:19 PM »
No

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 01:45:26 PM »
In terms of skills as a rapper Jays better.

:-\

HELL no! Pac is hands down the greatest songwriter that hip hop has ever seen noone will ever come close to him.

8) and like  Beatz and City's M-o--S-T said  2Pac= Poet

another horrible thread by Elano :-X I would expect this from The Source, MTV or another NYC magazine, but on a westcoast forum :(

would you expect an eastcoast rapper, beating a westcoast rapper on this website.

no, certainly not, atleast not if the eastcoast rapper is far better. But I just can't understand why all these (NYC) people think Jigga is the greatest ever or better as 2Pac.
If a NY head  says Mobb Deep ist better than Dogg Pound, I can respect his opinion, on this forum they would lose because of the DPG groupies, but atleast we could discuss it.
But to compare Pac with Jigga is crazy to me. Besides that most of the people we could call neutral would choose Pac.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 01:47:10 PM by Dr. Ján Ďtor »

JAZ

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 01:59:43 PM »
im neutral. and my dick doesnt get hard when ever i see the name 2pac. that nigger is the personification of overrated.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 02:38:08 PM »
Hov got way more lyrics than Pac.

PAC WROTE ABOUT THE SAME FUCKIN SHIT.

JAY WROTE ABOUT THE SAME FUCKIN SHIT.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 02:51:43 PM »
im neutral. and my dick doesnt get hard when ever i see the name 2pac. that nigger is the personification of overrated.

you think you're neutral :D then I'm neutral too :laugh: .And jigga is the personification of overrated. At least there is a reason why 2 pac is overrated .Every successful artists who dies young/tragic will become a legend. Look at Kurt Cobain, Bob Marley, Mozart ,Elvis. Maybe all of them are overrated, but there is still something behind it. Like Pac said, the good die young.
So now we have the explanation for pac. But I can't find the explanation for Jays hype? Is it because we can't understand camel language, which means that only a chosen few can understand his genious lyrics. Or do his fans get horny because of his animalic noises? His last four albums are trash, and even his "classic" albums aren't revolutionary.
And it's not like I see 2pac as my personal saviour or something. Pac was very paranoid in his DR days, and I don't agree with many things he said or did. But music wise you can't deny that he was an outstanding artist in rap industry

JAZ

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 02:56:08 PM »

you think you're neutral :D then I'm neutral too :laugh: .And jigga is the personification of overrated. At least there is a reason why 2 pac is overrated .Every successful artists who dies young/tragic will become a legend. Look at Kurt Cobain, Bob Marley, Mozart ,Elvis. Maybe all of them are overrated, but there is still something behind it. Like Pac said, the good die young.
So now we have the explanation for pac. But I can't find the explanation for Jays hype? Is it because we can't understand camel language, which means that only a chosen few can understand his genious lyrics. Or do his fans get horny because of his animalic noises? His last four albums are trash, and even his "classic" albums aren't revolutionary.
And it's not like I see 2pac as my personal saviour or something. Pac was very paranoid in his DR days, and I don't agree with many things he said or did. But music wise you can't deny that he was an outstanding artist in rap industry

im white and european, rich and smart. i got nothing to connect with 2pac. his flow sucked. and he was an asshole.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 03:25:02 PM »
Nope.

PLANT

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 04:28:42 PM »
not a chance.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 05:04:01 PM »
Everybody who voted no, listen to Reasonable Doubt

yea classic...BUT FUCK NO! TUPAC SHITS ON JAY-Z IN EVERY ASPECT OF RAP MY DUDES! this thread is a disgrace :grumpy:

Nelson Muntz

• Lil Geezy
  • HAW HAW!
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2008, 05:06:15 PM »
IMO delivery influences me a lot to like a song, and IMO I've always hated Jay Z's delivery. Don't get me wrong he's had some gems, but 80 percent of his work is whack.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2008, 05:06:29 PM »
In terms of skills as a rapper Jays better.

:-\

HELL no! Pac is hands down the greatest songwriter that hip hop has ever seen noone will ever come close to him.

8) and like  Beatz and City's M-o--S-T said  2Pac= Poet

another horrible thread by Elano :-X I would expect this from The Source, MTV or another NYC magazine, but on a westcoast forum :(

would you expect an eastcoast rapper, beating a westcoast rapper on this website.

no, certainly not, atleast not if the eastcoast rapper is far better. But I just can't understand why all these (NYC) people think Jigga is the greatest ever or better as 2Pac.
If a NY head  says Mobb Deep ist better than Dogg Pound, I can respect his opinion, on this forum they would lose because of the DPG groupies, but atleast we could discuss it.
But to compare Pac with Jigga is crazy to me. Besides that most of the people we could call neutral would choose Pac.

+1 for the sig and avatar, what was your nick before ?

Invincible

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2008, 07:07:18 PM »
No, but these days I would rather listen to a Jay-Z album.

jay-z bites too much

That is his main problem.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2008, 08:33:57 PM »
he sure had his bright spots, but overall, nah.