Poll

Who Will Advance?

Los Angeles Lakers
30 (73.2%)
San Antonion Spurs
11 (26.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (57-25) vs San Antonio Spurs (56-26)~ Round 3  (Read 3748 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

San Antonio Spurs @ Los Angeles Lakers
Round 3, Game 1.
Sunday May 21st, 2008.
7:30 PM (Pacific) on TNT.

The Spurs will prsent a tougher match-up than the Lakers' previous 2 opponents. They ARE the defending champs. That said, they're on their last legs and don't look as sharp as they did last season, while the Lakers are currently the hottest team in the basketball. The defense is going to be tough in this one. I see this series going 6 games, with the Lakers taking it in SA. 8)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Kobe, Odom, Fisher and Gasol vs. Pepe Le Pew, Duncan and Ginobli....

Let's whoop on em' Purple and Gold!
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Gotta go with My Lakers in 5 games.

I see S.A taking one against the Purple & Gold at home. (First 2)
then L.A. going to S.A. and winning Both.
Lakers Closing it out @ home.
(Gotta pick my team)

Johnny B

Gotta go with My Lakers in 5 games.

I see S.A taking one against the Purple & Gold at home. (First 2)
then L.A. going to S.A. and winning Both.
Lakers Closing it out @ home.
(Gotta pick my team)

I agree.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
goddammit, chris paul is fuckin useless. now we have to deal with the spurs, if any of our players get injured against these cheapskate floppin faggots i will be pissed off beyond belief

GangstaBoogy

My only worries is the refs going for all the flops and the cheat shots by Bowen and Horry. Other than that, fuck the Spurs - we got it.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
lakers got this series. lakers in 5 or 6

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

OG Hack Wilson

lakers in 4
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
As with the case since Shaq left Staples, the NBA title goes throught San Antonio. The Spurs are the default champion, unless someone else steps up. In '99, in a short season, when no one can step up the Spurs won, then the Lakers destroyed the league for 3 years, but winning 4 in a row is almost impossible in today's league leaving the Spurs to win. Then the Lakers reloaded but ended up losing to the Pistons, and from there it's basically been the Spurs, with the exception of 2005-2006 when Shaq went to Miami and had a drive not seen since 2000. The Lakers NEED to step up, and play their tempo, there series, and they will win. If the Spurs slow the game down, and do what they did to the Hornets, the Lakers are in BIG trouble.

match ups:

PG: Tony Parker v. Derek Fisher

These two have meet so many times in the playoffs against each other, should still be a great match up. Fisher's D is enough to slow down Parker, but Parker still has the advantage.
advantage: Spurs>>>Lakers

SG: Micheal Finley/Manu Ginobili v. Kobe Bryant

It doesn't matter who they start, look for Kobe to go off. Neither are great defenders and Kobe can stop both if needed. Might need to have both on the court at the same time to have 6 men on the court to at least have a chance.
advantage: Lakers>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spurs

SF: Bruce Bowen v. Lamar Odom

A very good match up for both teams, both can hold it down on D, but it's Odom's O that can put him over the edge. But if Bowen can get into Odom's head, stop him, and prevent Odom from getting boards, it could be an interesting night. Of course Ginobili spends more time in SF, so Odom should get his stats.
advantage: Lakers>>>>>Spurs

PF: Tim Duncan v. Vladimir Radmanovic

Pop has been starting Oberto at center lately, so look for Duncan to continue starting at PF. This will cause huge problems for the Lakers, as Rad ain't touching Tim. But if they can get Pau to go against Tim, they can try to get him in foul trouble. But look for Tim to dominate down low, and Turiaf to get more playing time
advantage: Spurs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lakers

C: Pau Gasol v. Fabricio Oberto

Gasol over Oberto, no problems. The main question comes if the Spurs put Duncan to defend Gasol, which could lead to foul trouble to Duncan. This is where the Lakers miss Bynum, because they can have Bynum defend Duncan and Gasol can stay free from foul trouble. Who is Oberto??

advantage: Lakers>>>>>>>>>>>Spurs (mainly because no Bynum means some flaws)

thisoneguy360

Lakers got this

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
Spurs in 6.

I told EVERYBODY the Spurs were still going to advance when they were down 2-0 to NO,  I know what I am talking about.

DIP DIP SET SET

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Spurs in 6.

I told EVERYBODY the Spurs were still going to advance when they were down 2-0 to NO,  I know what I am talking about.

please... even Ms. Cleo and Dionne Warwick got some predictions right.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Spurs in 6.

:banana_trippin:

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
Spurs in 7.. tyson chandler gave tim duncan a real hard time with his athleticism and strength Pau Gasol has none of that. Tony Parker will dominate.
i had the spurs coming out the west this year since the playoff brackets were announced.. you never underestimate the heart of a champion

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
you never underestimate the heart of a champion

thats why you don't underestimate the Lakers...  8)