Poll

Who Will Advance?

Los Angeles Lakers
30 (73.2%)
San Antonion Spurs
11 (26.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (57-25) vs San Antonio Spurs (56-26)~ Round 3  (Read 3753 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
talk about a heart attack game.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

I was at work and hearing the score gradually

down by 8, 15, then 20     I can't believe they won

I think the Spurs fucked up bad with this one, this game seemed like the series to me

if they could have stolen one it would have been a disaster for the Lakes

game 1 is the series? lol. Usually I see game 1 as very important, but even if we won...i wouldnt put that much weight on it in this series. It was almost like you could see the rest...and lack of rest effect both teams. LA started off kind of slow in the first half, maybe because of a long layoff. And we seemed to slow down at the end, maybe because of no layoff lol. Either way, we started missing shots and blew this one. Good game though.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

E. J. Rizo

boy that laker comback was great!... i think that comeback is a big milestone for this laker squad... showing that they can do that with a team like the Spurs is a big determination that this is a championship calibur team.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I think the Spurs fucked up bad with this one, this game seemed like the series to me

game 1 is the series? lol. Usually I see game 1 as very important, but even if we won...i wouldnt put that much weight on it in this series. It was almost like you could see the rest...and lack of rest effect both teams. LA started off kind of slow in the first half, maybe because of a long layoff. And we seemed to slow down at the end, maybe because of no layoff lol. Either way, we started missing shots and blew this one. Good game though.

You can thank the Laker defense for that one. ;)

Game 1 is really gunna affect the Spurs mentally throughout this series, though. I mean, if the Lakers woulda won in normal fashion by 10 or whatever, the Spurs woulda been thinking, "okay, we were tired, our plane ride got fucked up, and we ended up sleeping on the plane, which really affected our play... we will take care of business in the next game with more rest and preparation"...But now, after the Spurs had them where they wanted and the Lakers rallied back from 20 points down, they've gotta be thinking hard about that blown opportunity. :-X

westsiderider323

phil jackson iz 40 or 41-0 when his team wins tha 1st game

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
manu ginobli's playing like shit for the last 3 playoff games, he was one of the key reasons that they lost yesterday they should've just kept on throwing it in to Tim Duncan he was fuckin pau gasol up yesterday

and the run didnt start til bruce bowen immediately went out with his 3rd personal in the 3rd quarter..thats when kobe started taking it to udoaka and he got hot.. spurs could take this series...even had the home crowd booing lol

pop needs to put horry in his length is a factor on the defensive and rebounds.. plus he has expierence.. he needs to take up finleys minutes and cut into ginoblii's

Game 1 is really gunna affect the Spurs mentally throughout this series, though. I mean, if the Lakers woulda won in normal fashion by 10 or whatever, the Spurs woulda been thinking, "okay, we were tired, our plane ride got fucked up, and we ended up sleeping on the plane, which really affected our play... we will take care of business in the next game with more rest and preparation"...But now, after the Spurs had them where they wanted and the Lakers rallied back from 20 points down, they've gotta be thinking hard about that blown opportunity. :-X

lol why would this game affect the Spurs mentally? lol Their easily the most mentally strong team (MAYBE Detroit is close) in the playoffs. If game 1 and game 2 in NO didnt phase them mentally, this will for sure not. We controlled most of the game, and then simply stopped hitting shots. It wasnt all Laker D, we were missing wide open shots. If the Lakers defensive game plan was to give up wide open jumpers...then you did a good job of that.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

tempo2

look for pop to bring ginobilli off the bench in game 2, he has a habbit of mixing it up every couple of games. especially in ginobillis case. i still think were in for 7 games tho. the spurs had shaky starts against new orleans and phoenix. if anything i think the spurs can take alot out of the game, i cant see what happened the other nite happening twice.

the lakers are looking real good at the moment tho, no denying that.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
and the run didnt start til bruce bowen immediately went out with his 3rd personal in the 3rd quarter..

But it wasn't Bowen that had Kobe dispensing the ball in the first half. And that run continued even after Bowen re-entered the game...

I personally think that their morale is low after this one. But if they can bounce back, more power to them. If it didn't effect them though, their coach wouldn't be saying that it "hurt like hell."

This low-scoring type of a game was exactly the kind of game that many believed that the Spurs needed to have in order to contain the Lakers... and they lost it.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Now_Im_Not_Banned

lol why would this game affect the Spurs mentally? lol Their easily the most mentally strong team (MAYBE Detroit is close) in the playoffs. If game 1 and game 2 in NO didnt phase them mentally, this will for sure not. We controlled most of the game, and then simply stopped hitting shots. It wasnt all Laker D, we were missing wide open shots. If the Lakers defensive game plan was to give up wide open jumpers...then you did a good job of that.

Why would it affect the Spurs? Gee...maybe because they're not a team that typically breaks down the way they did last night. Lakers are no New Orleans. I admit, they were missing their share of open looks, but there was a lot of great defensive pressure on them in that 4th quarter, and that's undeniable.

WestCoasta

game 1 is the series? lol. Usually I see game 1 as very important, but

well I'm talking as far as control and momentum goes... obviously it's not over but I feel the winner of this game takes control

especially the kind of win it was, the way the Spurs really let one slip away could prove devasting to them.... just like it would have the Lakers if they lost at home

it doesn't mean much, anything can happen, but knowing Phil Jackson's teams are 40-0 when leading 1-0 is a big deal to me and very crucial

Spurs win last night and I really believe the Lakers would lose the series

Why would it affect the Spurs? Gee...maybe because they're not a team that typically breaks down the way they did last night. Lakers are no New Orleans. I admit, they were missing their share of open looks, but there was a lot of great defensive pressure on them in that 4th quarter, and that's undeniable.

i agree the Lakers stepped their game up in the 4th, while we didnt. Its just always comical how often people try to assume what is going on in the heads of NBA players who they dont even know lol. Whats even funnier is the rush to judgement after 1 game lol All Im saying is, we were questioned in previous years and after game 1 and 2 in NO....it was said how much "trouble the Spurs are in". How "demoralized they are", etc...etc....and we see how that ended up. Under the circumstances, this was FAR from a demoralizing game. Having the Lakers come back from 20 sucks. But if we had 5 days rest, and you had 1.......and you guys came back like that on us in the 4th, then it might be demoralizing. In case you havent noticed, the Spurs arent the type of team that gets demoralized easily.

I expect game 2 to be a better game by both teams. We both had some ragtag moments in game 1

game 1 is the series? lol. Usually I see game 1 as very important, but

well I'm talking as far as control and momentum goes... obviously it's not over but I feel the winner of this game takes control

especially the kind of win it was, the way the Spurs really let one slip away could prove devasting to them.... just like it would have the Lakers if they lost at home

it doesn't mean much, anything can happen, but knowing Phil Jackson's teams are 40-0 when leading 1-0 is a big deal to me and very crucial

Spurs win last night and I really believe the Lakers would lose the series

now, if the Spurs won game 1...they would win the series. Even if they lose game 2. However, if the lose game 1, and win game 2. The Lakers win?? It would still be 1-1 going to SA. From the way things have gone, ive learned not to make early assessments in a series. If the Lakers win game 1 and 2, it puts some pressure on us. But its also what they are supposed to do. The series really starts once games are played in both cities.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
and the run didnt start til bruce bowen immediately went out with his 3rd personal in the 3rd quarter..

But it wasn't Bowen that had Kobe dispensing the ball in the first half. And that run continued even after Bowen re-entered the game...

I personally think that their morale is low after this one. But if they can bounce back, more power to them. If it didn't effect them though, their coach wouldn't be saying that it "hurt like hell."

This low-scoring type of a game was exactly the kind of game that many believed that the Spurs needed to have in order to contain the Lakers... and they lost it.

kobe didnt start taking it to them til after bowen came out, at this point the lakers were down 20 pts.. when bowen came back in the 4th lakers were down only by 4 pts, by this time he was hot and found his rhythm demolishing udoaka..

bowen was active last night all over the floor in the passing lanes as was tony parker

i know you laker fans have to see the flops... especially because they are looking to draw the foul so much that they miss their shot entirely