Author Topic: Crooked I - Dream Big (ft. Akon) [Prod. by Detail] [Audio]  (Read 2821 times)

MY FIRST LOVE WAS HIP HOP

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Crooked I - Dream Big (ft. Akon) [Prod. by Detail] [Audio]
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2008, 08:21:42 AM »
Pretty dope track, but Crooked's constant exaggerated over-pronunciation can get a little annoying at times.
yeah, it's mad annoying for me. Anyway, this track decent, but I don't see it doin' big... I don't like the hook, Crooked's pronunciation make me wanna turn that shit off. I liked Game's single more...
"Big Dreams", "Dream Big, "Dreams"... rappers gotta study dictionaries and come up with more original titles.
i agree with the title of the song,but whats wrong with his pronunciation? to me it makes crooked stand out more yell

Exactly, i love being able to hear what a rapper says, I can barely hear what lil wayne is trying to mumble, or 50 cent for that matter

EFFeX

« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2008, 08:29:17 AM »
Pretty dope track, but Crooked's constant exaggerated over-pronunciation can get a little annoying at times.
yeah, it's mad annoying for me. Anyway, this track decent, but I don't see it doin' big... I don't like the hook, Crooked's pronunciation make me wanna turn that shit off. I liked Game's single more...
"Big Dreams", "Dream Big, "Dreams"... rappers gotta study dictionaries and come up with more original titles.
i agree with the title of the song,but whats wrong with his pronunciation? to me it makes crooked stand out more yell

Exactly, i love being able to hear what a rapper says, I can barely hear what lil wayne is trying to mumble, or 50 cent for that matter

Crook's flow is so perfected, you don't hear him slur words or fuck up his double ups like most rappers.

DerekNelson

« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2008, 08:49:32 AM »
i expected alot more from crooked.

akon sux ass.

Dimos

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2008, 10:14:59 AM »

This song gets better every time I hear it, it's definitely a grower.

Exactly. The more I listen to it, the more I like it.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2008, 10:16:37 AM »
this is growin on me more after some spins, and i love the fact that people that dont bump rap like it

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

D~Nice

« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2008, 10:19:33 AM »
this is growin on me more after some spins, and i love the fact that people that dont bump rap like it

Co-sign

maygoboom

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2008, 06:25:08 PM »
this is what i posted in the other thread:

Crooked I ft Akon "dream big".......its alright....

Sounds like a mixtape track... gots potential though... Sounds like they just paid akon to come and do the hook quick...

And i think crooked i has done so many freestyles that this song sounds like just a freestyle...
crooked talking about haters, westcoast, his 16's, getting paper

His verses are all over the place with the content.  It could have been a nice storytelling track...

Song has NO bass at all though...  Its missing a nice bassline...

I give it a 3.5 / 5

Hopefully it sounds alot better when we get the CDQ...

this is exactly how i was feeling. I was real disappointed. My expectations were very high the moment i heard the hook and beat. crook really deserves his shot, but this track coulda have been much more. It sounds like he is rapping at/down on you rather than to you which could hurt him when it comes to certain audiences. I felt like he was mad at me cuz he went through hard times. it seems like he is letting is image as a lyrical assassin get in the way of him making good songs. The emotion in his voice doesn't match the direction of the beat IMO. if he woulda took the emotion from my life pt2 and applied that formula on this, it would have came out better. For the record I really hope i am wrong and this track blows up

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2008, 06:31:18 PM »
It's not as bad upon consecutive listens but it's conspicuous dude is holding back.  He has so much more to offer.  If he chooses the right music to fit his flow there is no limit to what he can do.  I guess we'll find out if the album drops.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2008, 06:34:43 PM »
all im sayin
str8 bossess, boom boom clap, nwa and cali boyz are better than this
and creased khaki flow
and i appreciate everything crooked does and releases
but all we need/want is a album with bangers (on his lap)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2008, 06:51:43 PM »
in what way tho?
instant classic cuz its crooked?
cuz of the akon hook, I mean in what way?

Instant Classic, Ima burn this onto a disc and let it bang out the speakers.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Quadruple OG

« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2008, 06:56:24 PM »
is it just me, or does the beat sound like its ripped off of "Big Shit Poppin'" by TI?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2008, 06:58:08 PM »
not all the way but i can see where you mighta got that from.
good shit tho

is it just me, or does the beat sound like its ripped off of "Big Shit Poppin'" by TI?
Cube

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2008, 11:02:41 PM »
If a song has to grow on u that means it's not that good in the first place.  and u have to keep listening to find things u lilke about it pretty much..

Al Bundy

« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2008, 11:11:41 PM »
If a song has to grow on u that means it's not that good in the first place.  and u have to keep listening to find things u lilke about it pretty much..

nah. there's been tracks that i didnt like much at first and are now are some of my fav tracks.

now to this song, it sucks balls.

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2008, 11:46:31 PM »
this is exactly how i was feeling. I was real disappointed. My expectations were very high the moment i heard the hook and beat. crook really deserves his shot, but this track coulda have been much more. It sounds like he is rapping at/down on you rather than to you which could hurt him when it comes to certain audiences. I felt like he was mad at me cuz he went through hard times. it seems like he is letting is image as a lyrical assassin get in the way of him making good songs. The emotion in his voice doesn't match the direction of the beat IMO. if he woulda took the emotion from my life pt2 and applied that formula on this, it would have came out better. For the record I really hope i am wrong and this track blows up

yeah man...after i made my version of the song wit the bass added... i listened to it some more and liked it a lil more...

but to tell you the truth, this track doesnt have any replay value...  I havent really listened to it much...

Its like you said, the emotion in his voice doesnt match the beat...

And i agree wit you alot with the "lyrical assassin" hes trying to do...  His raps were never like this until he started doing the hiphop weeklies...  which were coo for mixtapes and freestyles but once you start making actual songs you got to switch it up...

I just dont like the fact that crooked i is rapping about haters and internet bloggers and his 16 bars and the westcoast on an actual song and not a freestyle thats supposed to be a deep track about dreaming...

I just think he needs to focus and stop rapping about random things on his tracks...
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats