Author Topic: "Objective" and "Subjective" are beautiful words  (Read 199 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
"Objective" and "Subjective" are beautiful words
« on: May 22, 2008, 08:20:57 AM »
The late Harry Browne (96 and 2000 Libertarian presidential candidate) taught a course back in the 1970's called "Rule Your World".  He's dead now, but his wife has it for sale at his website, if anyone is interested just go to www.harrybrowne.org

Anyway, the most insightful pieces of the lecture are when he's dealing with this two words "objective" and "subjective".  Through his lecture I have a far deeper understanding of these two words and how they affect my life.

Basically, he teaches, that most all people have made a critical mistake in their life that resigns their life to frustration and sadness.  He says they apply and objective standard to their life, which comes not from within, but from society and the opinions of others and is incompatible with our true nature.

He goes on to explain how a person can create a way of life for themselves and standards and morals that are totally "subjective" and although they may look wrong to others, it will be compatible with ones own nature and bring about complete and total happiness and harmony in ones life.

And then he breaks everything down into free market economics and explains how those free market principles effect everything in our life from lovers we have, to the friends we choose, and the reality that surrounds us.

It's some deep shit, I recommend it to anyone, his wife just re-released and it's my first time hearing it.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

J Bananas

Re: "Objective" and "Subjective" are beautiful words
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 12:37:03 PM »
I agree with him or the most part but I beg to differ when he says most people resign to sadness and frustration. Most of my family has been "successful" because they have done what they want to do in life and it has manifested itself in good jobs so they are both financially well off and they are at peace inside. I know that a lot of people are trapped in the rat race, but life is what you make it, and you can be miserable or you can enjoy your path a long the way. 

Australian Bastard

Re: "Objective" and "Subjective" are beautiful words
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 06:00:17 AM »
Word to all.