Author Topic: New Fat Joe LP underway...  (Read 294 times)

Jome

New Fat Joe LP underway...
« on: September 17, 2002, 05:38:16 PM »
Fat Joe readies new LP
Posted Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 16:02 by Red

Like his friend, the late MC great Big Pun, robust Bronx buster Fat Joe just wants to crush a lot. The first single off his upcoming Loyalty LP, "Crush Tonight," serves as a diary of debauchery as Joe and guest star Ginuwine hit the clubs, pop bottles, and promise to leave with all the sensual honeys that can fit in their stretch SUV.

From Don Cartagena to Don Juan, Joey Crack has promised that Loyalty, due November 12, will continue to show his musical evolution. Helping hip-hop's hearty heat-thrower in his studio maturation will be his abrasive-talking female protègè Remy, Roc-A-Fella commando Cam'ron and legendary lyricist Scarface. Producers on the LP include Cool & Dre, the Alchemist, Teflon, Ty Fyffe and "Crush Tonight" 's soundscape shifter, Precision.

Joe goes in front of the camera to shoot a video for "Crush Tonight" at the end of the month in New York City. According to his label, he's still looking for a director. Outside of his own project, the head of the Terror Squad has also recorded vocals for Swizz Beatz's upcoming LP as well as mixtape master DJ Kay Slay.

-- MTV

Jome: Seems like a nice lineup of producers, but I guess this will be more of the club-pop approach Joey Crack has taken..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

S.G.V.

Re: New Fat Joe LP underway...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2002, 06:52:59 PM »
^^i call that the ja rule route

well joeys days of makin music for the street thugs is about over....but hes still tight...i just hope he doesnt call himself the king of new york ever again..

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: New Fat Joe LP underway...
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2002, 07:18:05 PM »

Yo I heard that new cutt last nite on the radio....It was on a playa vibe, I'll copp it when it hit's. (Joe has always had a spot in my rotation)
I watched Fat Joe appear on Rap city a couple of day's ago or so talking about making more positive music, and less hardcore track's. although still slippin' in a lil' grime for his street homies.

It's good to see Joe getting the attention he alway's deserved.....it's just to bad we had to lose Pun first. :'(

OnE
Hatesrats 2oo2