Author Topic: Bow Wow Calls It Quits (thanks god)  (Read 1162 times)

Elano

Bow Wow Calls It Quits (thanks god)
« on: May 23, 2008, 12:23:15 PM »
After entering the rap game at the age of 13 under the tutelage of Jermaine Dupri and Snoop Dogg, Bow Wow has decided to bow out of the Hip Hop game and focus on acting. Over the last several years Bow Wow, whose real name is Shad Gregory Moss, has seen his acting resume increase with roles in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, Roll Bounce and the upcoming films Patriots and Driving Lessons.

After 16 years in the music industry and six successful albums, I've decided to shift my energy to something else I'm passionate about, acting," Bow Wow tells The Hollywood Reporter. "I'm going to try to be the next Will Smith." Since the rapper-turned-actor is 21, his reference of "16 years" likely includes his 1992 appearance on The Arsenio Hall Show at the age of 5.
Prior to his announcing his decision, Bow Wow began recording material for his seventh album, H.I.M. (History In the Making). The album is expected to be released late in 2008, and Bow Wow would not definitively state if it would be his last. In the meantime, Bow Wow will take a recurring role in the upcoming season of HBO's Entourage. Bow Wow will be cast as Charlie, a stand-up comic who is a client of Kevin Connoly's character Eric Murphy.

bow wow is just another big head  :laugh:

KURUPTION-81

Re: Bow Wow Calls It Quits (thanks god)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 12:38:33 PM »
he wamts to be the next will smith, i remember when he dissed him in xxl

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 12:53:27 PM »

lol what did he say?

He's going to wish to have 1/16th of the success Will Smith has had. 

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 01:03:59 PM »

lol what did he say?

Bow Wow On Will Smith

"I'm not tryna be like Will Smith cause Will Smith is not a real rapper. He was more of a bubble gum rapper. The only real rappers out there right now are Me, Kanye, 50, and maybe Jay. But Jay ain't in it like that no more." - Bow Wow, XXL Magazine

Will Smith On Bow Wow

Will reportedly said, ?A grown man don't answer to no child. I'm a grown ass man. I cut records before his momma let somebody cut to have him. My worst movie grossed almost twice as your best movie. Check the records and read a book young man."

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 01:07:29 PM »
God damn Will owned the fuck out of him.  lmao

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 01:15:09 PM »
God damn Will owned the fuck out of him.  lmao

LOL yup. bow wow was out of pocket for that shit.

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 01:23:13 PM »
Haha. Remember this shit? Imma see how his acting shit goes.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VYkb3g9sFj8&amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VYkb3g9sFj8&amp;hl</a>

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 01:25:59 PM »
damn yall hate on bow weezey , will smith didnt own him? WTF he was a kid back then .. and will sucks as a rapper

i gotta say though.. bow wows realizing what many artist are now realizing.. that the Music buisness is very much not lucrative any longer.

1st it was Tyrese.. now its bow wow turning to acting, mos def

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 02:19:27 PM »
damn yall hate on bow weezey , will smith didnt own him? WTF he was a kid back then

He still acts as a kid. 

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch/v/UARJ-Rma-qo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/watch/v/UARJ-Rma-qo</a>

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 02:33:51 PM »
and will sucks as a rapper
And Bow Wow Doesnt?
PoP PoP THIZZ!!

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 02:54:42 PM »
lmfao @ will smith on bow wow

Retiring from rap before 21 is kinna lame though. I'd actually like to hear how Bow Wow would sound if he really tried and wrote his own shit (which he doesnt do, right?). There's enough garbage out there already, one more bow wow album wont matter too much...  ::)

when it rains it pours

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 03:28:12 PM »
He needs to calm his faggy ass down
He aint no mothafuckin will smith

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 04:16:52 PM »

lol what did he say?

Bow Wow On Will Smith

"I'm not tryna be like Will Smith cause Will Smith is not a real rapper. He was more of a bubble gum rapper. The only real rappers out there right now are <b>Me, Kanye, 50, and maybe Jay.</b> But Jay ain't in it like that no more." - Bow Wow, XXL Magazine

Will Smith On Bow Wow

Will reportedly said, ?A grown man don't answer to no child. I'm a grown ass man. I cut records before his momma let somebody cut to have him. My worst movie grossed almost twice as your best movie. Check the records and read a book young man."

WOW LOOOOOL!!!!! He actually tried slying that one in that statement? Real Rapper? LOOOOOOOL......

That's just made my world flip up-side down...

damn yall hate on bow weezey , will smith didnt own him? WTF he was a kid back then .. and will sucks as a rapper

i gotta say though.. bow wows realizing what many artist are now realizing.. that the Music buisness is very much not lucrative any longer.

1st it was Tyrese.. now its bow wow turning to acting, mos def

Will owned the shit out of him and you know it. Read a book, be a smart black guy instead of getting clowned on my 70%+ of Hip Hop listeners. That was too big headed of him to call himself a real rapper. Teenage girls who're just about hitting maturity younger than 16 are the only ones who're going out of their way to buy his albums.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

Blood$

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 05:13:29 PM »
I remember reading that in XXL, but damn I never saw Will Smith's response... Bow Wow got owned visciously lmao

Quadruple OG

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 05:35:27 PM »
In the meantime, Bow Wow will take a recurring role in the upcoming season of HBO's Entourage. Bow Wow will be cast as Charlie, a stand-up comic who is a client of Kevin Connoly's character Eric Murphy.

I hope this ain't true