Author Topic: Master P & Diplomats - Bout It Bout It 2  (Read 326 times)

S.G.V.

Master P & Diplomats - Bout It Bout It 2
« on: September 07, 2002, 02:03:02 PM »
what do yall think of this shit?...ive had for a little bit now and i think its kinda tight...but not anywhere near the original...its good to hear p come back with his gangsta style...camron and the other foo didnt sound all that great over the beat but p made up for them....btw way whats up with camron jackin good beats as of late?...this one and amibitionz as a ridah....he must like doing covers
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: Master P & Diplomats - Bout It Bout It 2
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2002, 04:30:10 PM »

ImO Master P is desperate to get his loyal fan base back homie...Those who loved his music when he was a street hustler claimimg to have the greatest record label and hit video's, but no-one had seen any of them.
remember that....seeing # one smash hit sticker's and stuff on cd's we never heard of before.
"Bout it Bout it" is master P's last resource to his his Og fan's.
And giving love to the East coast won't hurt em' any either, although I hate this move for P, by giving away Bout it to Cam'rom...he loses the one song that made him special still.

But yo...dogg I don't blame Master P for this move....his latest music has just been nothin' when compared to any of his lp's previous to "Ghetto dope".
I first noticed P's decline when the "Im bout it" soundtrack came out.
That year he blew up like nitro.....and was thrusted into the giant's of hip-hop scene.
But once the money really started to come in....his hunger started to fade away.
Was it just me, or did anyone else notice that P is a chamelion when it comes to hip-hop, he has already adapted many styles to make his own I'll explain:

Anything before "Mr Ice cream man" Master P sounded like and rhymed wit' the "sligggity slugg...sluggg" Spice 1 style.
check it yourself...
When "Mr Ice cream man" dropped he had already fused Scarface and Spice-1 to create his own style, check "No more tear's" a perfect clone of Scarface's style utilised on "I never seen a man cry"
That's the style P used on his entire "Ghetto dope" lp which gave people a pattern for P to run with.
But when "The last don" came out.......Whoa!!!!
Master P once again morphed, but this time into "2pac", a style that he ran with for almost 4 year's. ImO a low point in his carrer....I stopped buying his shit after this lp.

His newest music was a style change again....first off "Cash Money" when he got rid of "Beat's by the pound" is when he became "Cash money" like.
from here on homiez I completly stopped listening to Master P.

But deep inside I wanna see P run with that old school(Richmond) style , and rhyme in that Spice-1/Scarface flow just one more time.
Maybe this song will do it, or maybe this is the razor to his throat.

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

S.G.V.

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2002, 08:30:30 AM »

ImO Master P is desperate to get his loyal fan base back homie...Those who loved his music when he was a street hustler claimimg to have the greatest record label and hit video's, but no-one had seen any of them.
remember that....seeing # one smash hit sticker's and stuff on cd's we never heard of before.
"Bout it Bout it" is master P's last resource to his his Og fan's.
And giving love to the East coast won't hurt em' any either, although I hate this move for P, by giving away Bout it to Cam'rom...he loses the one song that made him special still.

But yo...dogg I don't blame Master P for this move....his latest music has just been nothin' when compared to any of his lp's previous to "Ghetto dope".
I first noticed P's decline when the "Im bout it" soundtrack came out.
That year he blew up like nitro.....and was thrusted into the giant's of hip-hop scene.
But once the money really started to come in....his hunger started to fade away.
Was it just me, or did anyone else notice that P is a chamelion when it comes to hip-hop, he has already adapted many styles to make his own I'll explain:

Anything before "Mr Ice cream man" Master P sounded like and rhymed wit' the "sligggity slugg...sluggg" Spice 1 style.
check it yourself...
When "Mr Ice cream man" dropped he had already fused Scarface and Spice-1 to create his own style, check "No more tear's" a perfect clone of Scarface's style utilised on "I never seen a man cry"
That's the style P used on his entire "Ghetto dope" lp which gave people a pattern for P to run with.
But when "The last don" came out.......Whoa!!!!
Master P once again morphed, but this time into "2pac", a style that he ran with for almost 4 year's. ImO a low point in his carrer....I stopped buying his shit after this lp.

His newest music was a style change again....first off "Cash Money" when he got rid of "Beat's by the pound" is when he became "Cash money" like.
from here on homiez I completly stopped listening to Master P.

But deep inside I wanna see P run with that old school(Richmond) style , and rhyme in that Spice-1/Scarface flow just one more time.
Maybe this song will do it, or maybe this is the razor to his throat.

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

i see what ur sayin...but about the styles....u got to remember he was running with e-a-ski and spice-1 from 91 to about 95....so of course he was gonna sound similar...but i think he still had his own shit at that time...mamas bad boy was an original sound to me...the first tru album(before it was just slikk c and p) was a different style...ghetto d dropped and it was an ultimate unique style....i dont think he sounded like anyone....as for sounding like pac...i dont see it...i never have....i always disagree when people say he bit pac...him and pac were on some different shit....p was a real hustler on the streets of the bay(via new orleans)....hustling his cds out his trunk and pushing big numbers at that....his content was some different shit...he was always one to make riding music....and yea hes tryin to go back to his old fan base...it was probably weird for people seein those stickers u talk about...but his cds were huge in the south...thats why he had stickers like that...everything p dropped was platinum....then he started getting so rich that he didnt even care.....thats when he started coming with cash money styled songs....but u never know this shit might help him come back with some hard music

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2002, 09:04:35 AM »
this song sucks,,,,, damn, this is horrible, Master P sounds hungry on it, but Camron juts fuckin ruins it

*listens to Original*
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2002, 06:33:29 PM »
It's cool to see people givin' P his props in here.  I would love to see him come back with some hard gangsta shit like he had on "Ice cream man", "Ghetto D", and "Tru 2 da game".