Author Topic: EAZY-E THA GODFATHER OF GANGSTA RAP????  (Read 2425 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: EAZY-E THA GODFATHER OF GANGSTA RAP????
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 09:44:53 AM »
I wanna hear the track with Guns n Roses

midwestryder

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 10:01:45 AM »
But Eazy's the one that got NWA into doing gangsta rap....Dre was doing Techno crap with Wrecking Cru and Cube was with CIA, who weren't doing "gangsta rap" per se....Eazy's the one that came up with the idea for NWA and the direction for their music.  You can say NWA are the godfathers of gangsta rap, but it's because of Eazy.  I don't know enough about the history of Ice T to comment on him, but i've never heard anyone call Ice T the godfather of gangsta rap.
really, the true godfather of gangsta rap is schooly D not eazy-e.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 10:32:46 AM »
But Eazy's the one that got NWA into doing gangsta rap....Dre was doing Techno crap with Wrecking Cru and Cube was with CIA, who weren't doing "gangsta rap" per se....Eazy's the one that came up with the idea for NWA and the direction for their music.  You can say NWA are the godfathers of gangsta rap, but it's because of Eazy.  I don't know enough about the history of Ice T to comment on him, but i've never heard anyone call Ice T the godfather of gangsta rap.
really, the true godfather of gangsta rap is schooly D not eazy-e.

true, from Philly... what N.w.a did was bring it to the mainstream and attention of the media.

With that said i still think of Eazy as the godfather.

Lunatic

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 10:33:50 AM »
yeah, i can agree with Eazy bein the godfather..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 11:24:25 AM »

excuse me? is this confirmed or simply a rumour??

D-Stress

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 11:28:42 AM »

MediumL

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 11:40:30 AM »
We all know Eazy E started Ruthless Records and NWA making him the father of it. But he is far from the best artist gangster raps produced.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 11:59:11 AM »

excuse me? is this confirmed or simply a rumour??

your excused... its a rumour that has been going for years

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2008, 01:40:35 PM »
yeah, just a rumor..no one knows if the song was ever made.  There was an interview with Eazy saying he either did or wanted to get down with GNR and I thought maybe someone from GnR said it happened, but couldn't get clearance from Geffen to release it (GnR's label at the time)....again, just all rumors.

Al Bundy

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2008, 01:47:47 PM »
wow at the newjacks in this thread

ICE T = god father of gangster rap. at least one of you got it right

Jcnn13

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008, 03:40:49 PM »
INTERVIEW FROM THA SHACK WITH TOMICA WRIGHT:

Tomica Wright: I cannot confirm 50 –60 unreleased tracks by Eazy. Completed or started. But it is possible there were that many tracks submitted. Some songs were completed; some songs with scratch vocals and some just concepts.

Tha Shack: Are the remaining tracks in Ruthless’s possession? If so, how many? If not, who has them?

Tomica Wright: Some tracks are in Ruthless’s possession, the master copies of at least 8 songs are missing. Majority of the unreleased material was used for the last two Eazy –E projects. We are not certain who has our property.

Tha Shack: In an article published by GQ magazine in 1995, it mentions, “Shortly after Eazy’s death, police locked the doors to Ruthless Records to protect tapes and videos, which were beginning to disappear.” Is this true? If so, does this include Eazy-E unreleased material, and what was recovered if any?

Tomica Wright: It is true that shortly after Eric passed Ruthless Records doors were on lockdown, no one was allowed to enter the premises. The missing tracks have not been recovered.

Tha Shack: Did Ruthless keep a record log of masters owned prior to Eazy’s death?

Tomica Wright: Yes, of completed work.

Tha Shack: I’ll just mention a few unreleased items. Please tell me anything that comes to mind, any updates, etc.:

Tha Shack: Eazy has mentioned in interviews that he did a song with Guns N’ Roses.

Tomica Wright: Yes, we only have a rough copy of the song, which was not completed. Good track!

Tha Shack: Eazy has mentioned doing a song called “Yellow Brick Road to Compton”. A positive song for Compton that was agreed upon with the mayor of Compton in order for Eazy to shoot the “Real Compton City Gs” video. Any update on this one?

Tomica Wright: I am aware of the working title, rough ideas and some scratch vocals were laid, but song was not completed.

Tha Shack: “Everything I Luv” Snippet was supposedly posted on Eazy’s 1-900 hotline.

Tomica Wright: We only have a cassette copy of the song. Not completed

Tha Shack: There were rumors that the SleepWalkers track on Bone’s Collection vol. 2 originally had a longer Eazy verse dissing Dre and Snoop. Will we ever get to hear the original?

Tomica Wright: The original version of the song did include Eazy’s vocals, which were erased in a session with Bone. Not sure if the verse dissed Dre or Snoop.

Tha Shack: What was the name of the Eazy-E track that was to be on the “Dark Blue” Soundtrack?

Tomica Wright: It was supposed to be one of the songs, which was used for the “Impact of a Legend” project. “Dark Blue” was supposed to come out before the “Impact of a Legend” project. Unfortunately, the project kept getting pushed back, so we just licensed music for the movie. The movie didn’t pull enough demand as a theatrical release to warrant a soundtrack. It had a better response DVD.

ha Shack: Was the album “Str8 Off Tha Streetz of Muthaphukkin Compton vol. 2” ever completed? If not, how come we have seen release dates for it?

Tomica Wright: Originally, this was the working title for a double album. Eric wanted to release. (”Str8 Off “Tha Streetz of Muthaphukkin Compton” Vol 1 and 2). Since he was taking so long to release another project after “Dre187 It’s On”. He had a good amount of songs, concepts and ideas laid out and started, but not everything was completed. Not sure why volume 2 release dates appeared.

Tha Shack: Does/Did Ruthless own any unreleased N.W.A. tracks?

Tomica Wright: To my knowledge no. Masters old masters would be property of EMI, but if you are referring to just the music (tracks) None that I am aware of.

MY SOURCE:

http://www.eazy-ecpt.com/compton/index.php?topic=10718.0

AOD187um

• 'G'
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2008, 06:02:42 PM »
There is a lot of unreleased Eazy material out there. A lot of it was stolen after he passed from the studio(some suggets Jerry Heller has them) But the real bottom line is Tomica don't give a shit. Never really has. So I doubt anything will ever come of it. . .

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 06:27:54 PM »
Great interview, i knew I had read that stuff somewhere, just couldn't remember where.  It's ashame Tomica doesn't care more about getting his stuff out....seems like she doesn't want to go throught the legal bullshit to make it happen, which makes sense.  I wish someone like Yella or Dre, or one of Eazy's close friends would ask her permission to take control and make it happen.  I'm sure with a little backing, it could be done.

I don't know what's worse....Afeni, who remixed a bunch of unreleased songs and made 2pac into an angel, kid friendly rapper, or Tomica who just let Eazy's legacy "melt away like a candle" as Game would say.

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 06:39:15 PM »
the last eazy collection was on 2002 no? it had like 2 or 3 new songs but i only felt one that '' i cock the 9'' song .....and yes the reason why pac has even more shit out after his death is cuz he was a workaholic .
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2008, 06:41:07 PM »
so cats think there isnt another godfather
basically eazy is the only possible candidate to be considered the godfather of gangsta rap?
jus askin
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.