Author Topic: This book is amazing... and I don't even like novels  (Read 101 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
This book is amazing... and I don't even like novels
« on: May 29, 2008, 01:25:32 AM »
Nearly everything I've enjoyed reading over the years has been nonfiction with one exception, and that is "Native Son" by Richard Wright.

...but the book I'm reading now, I am less than one third of the way through, and it is breathtaking.  It's already brought me to tears and he's still at the beginning of the story just supplying the setting, introducing the characters and applying background.

I won't read this thread after I post this, in case anyone has read it I don't want to know what happens next.

But for those who have read it, the part that made me cry was when they killed the orphan and his brother was so overcome with pain he couldn't even cry he just fell limp.... that whole event and the implications of it are probably the heart of this whole story, I think bad things will befall Okwono, and this is an Omen of an even greater tragedy.

By the way, the book is "Things Fall Apart" by Chiuna Achebe and it is considered the greatest African novel ever.  I've thought of reading it ever since The Roots used it in a song feat. Erykah Badu years ago but only got around to it now.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)