Author Topic: Cam' Ron and Juelz Santana Defend 9/11 Lyric  (Read 843 times)

themovie

Cam' Ron and Juelz Santana Defend 9/11 Lyric
« on: August 28, 2002, 09:09:48 AM »
CAM'RON associate JUELZ SANTANA has vehemently defended a lyric on the forthcoming album by the pair's DIPLOMATS crew that pays tribute to September 11 highjacker OMAR ATTA.

The lyric, on a track called 'I Love You' from the Diplomats as yet untitled album, runs: "I worship the prophet/The great Mohammed Omar Atta/For his courage behind the wheel of the plane/Reminds me when I was dealin' the 'caine."

Santana said he does not regret the line and insists he simply admires the courage of Atta.

"I feel my Diplomats are my team and I'm going to do whatever it takes for them, for my people, the same way as he did for his people. Not that I support him or what he did, but in order for him to do that, it had to take courage and love for what he believed in. A lot of New York people don't have that. Maybe if they did, something like that wouldn't happen."

Santana said people are wilfully misinterpreting the lyric in a bid to paint him as a supporter of terrorism.

"I never said I worshipped him, I said I worshipped his courage," he said. "It had nothing to do with 9/11 or me supporting them because I know people in the towers too. If you really listen to the song it was talking about that and the whole situation.

"No matter what anybody says, that was courage right there. If anybody wants to say I worship them, well I know how I feel - I don't worship them. I don't appreciate anything they ever did. I'm not with them, not 1%, not 2% not 10% but I've looked in the dictionary and I've defined the word courage."

Santana added that as the first anniversary of the terrorist strikes approaches, people should not be focusing on his lyric, but asking why the attacks happened at all.

"Why did that happen? Why did that happen on September 11, that is my question," he said. "If that had have never happened, I would have never been able to sing that. It's because United States have been going over there trespassing, stealing their stuff... now they make it seem like they came over here and bombed us for nothing.

"How did the United States let this happen. How can you talk about my words when the big question is how can you let this happen."

Cam'ron and other members of The Diplomats, Jimmy Jones and Freekey Zekey, all feature on the album, due for release in late December. Santana said he doesn't feel any backlash to his lyric will damage their career – and he insists he will not withdraw the lyric from the album.

"If Eminem can get away with the things he does, then I can get away with what I do,". "And to be honest, I really don't think I did anything wrong. It’s not like I'm coming out speaking out all the time about the Taliban. What I do is music - it's words coming out of my mouth. That was one sentence, you understand."
Credit : NME
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Sikotic™

Re: Cam' Ron and Juelz Santana Defend 9/11 Lyric
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2002, 06:12:15 PM »
People are always jumping the gun over shit, especially is it involves 9/11
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2002, 06:33:38 PM »
cam and juelz both suck, they are just average rappers that get hot beatz from kayne and just blaze

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2002, 07:06:17 PM »
damn, juels santana actually sounds like he got some intelligence
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Real_G

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2002, 07:34:23 PM »
damn, juels santana actually sounds like he got some intelligence

How is what he said intellengent, All he was trying to do is start controversy there for get exposure. Its a proven fact that controversy sells. But in my mind he went to far. I dont respect what he said at all and I can tell i dont like him already.

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2002, 08:17:50 PM »
They were some stupid lyrics. He is basically saying that he worships someone who killed innocent people. That is a very stupid thing to say. Plus very disrespectfull.

Zero4eva

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2002, 08:20:12 PM »
this guy is dumbfuck. straight up retarded idiot. Murder ain't courage.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2002, 08:25:41 PM »
Murder isn't, but dieing for your people is.

Now watch everyone say I support terrorism because I understood what he was saying.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Smooth

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2002, 08:29:54 PM »
They were some stupid lyrics. He is basically saying that he worships someone who killed innocent people. That is a very stupid thing to say. Plus very disrespectfull.

I agree... I find that shit to be disrespectful, straight up...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Zero4eva

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2002, 08:35:19 PM »
Murder isn't, but dieing for your people is.

Now watch everyone say I support terrorism because I understood what he was saying.

Juelz Santana is an idiot. Atta didn't die for his people (btw, who are they? the Taliban? the Afghans? who?), he died to kill other people. September 11th was wrong. US foreign "policies" are wrong. Courageous people never act at the expense of innocent people. Only right-wing, fascist wankas act like that.

Zero4eva

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2002, 08:40:03 PM »
Honestly speaking, Juelz can say whatever he wants to say. That's freedom of speech. Nevertheless he's an uneducated moron.

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2002, 08:47:11 PM »

Juelz Santana is an idiot. Atta didn't die for his people (btw, who are they? the Taliban? the Afghans? who?), he died to kill other people. September 11th was wrong. US foreign "policies" are wrong. Courageous people never act at the expense of innocent people. Only right-wing, fascist wankas act like that.

Brainwashign my friend. He was probably brainwashed into doing it. But whatever, I'm not in the mood to go on with a discussion that belongs in Hall of Mirrors.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Zero4eva

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2002, 08:53:37 PM »

Brainwashign my friend. He was probably brainwashed into doing it.

true dat. but being brainwashed ain't courage.

Real_G

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2002, 08:55:31 PM »

Brainwashign my friend. He was probably brainwashed into doing it. But whatever, I'm not in the mood to go on with a discussion that belongs in Hall of Mirrors.

Your acting like he had deep meaning behind that line. Hes just trying to get in the news. Wheres he from anyway? Hes eastcoast so im guessin new york(i could be wrong) if so shouldnt he care more about his fellow new yorkers than the terrorists? Bottom line hes praising a terrorist and no one can convice me thats right because there is no right in it. In fact after reading over it, the line now discusts me. I hope he sells less records from this and i hope this isnt big in the news because thats what he wants.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2002, 09:37:26 PM »

Your acting like he had deep meaning behind that line. Hes just trying to get in the news. Wheres he from anyway? Hes eastcoast so im guessin new york(i could be wrong) if so shouldnt he care more about his fellow new yorkers than the terrorists? Bottom line hes praising a terrorist and no one can convice me thats right because there is no right in it. In fact after reading over it, the line now discusts me. I hope he sells less records from this and i hope this isnt big in the news because thats what he wants.

I nevrr said it had deep meaning. I know it was a way to get attention drawn to himself. I'm just saying I feel what he was saying. You act like you didn't read what he said. He said he wasn't praising terrorism and that he cared about new yorkers and he knew some people that were involved with the attacks.

No offence, but it seems like some people are so blinded with anger over 9/11 that they can't see that it is more than the "Bad" terrorists out to get the "wholesome and innocent" Americans. That's how the media portrays it but I know it goes way deeper than that.

THA SAUCE HOUSE