Author Topic: Cam' Ron and Juelz Santana Defend 9/11 Lyric  (Read 837 times)

Doggystylin

Re: Cam' Ron and Juelz Santana Defend 9/11 Lyric
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2002, 07:44:43 AM »
word to sikotic, i love this guy, hes never too extreme or biased and always fair and on point, props for keepin it real man.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Real_G

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2002, 08:35:11 AM »

I nevrr said it had deep meaning. I know it was a way to get attention drawn to himself. I'm just saying I feel what he was saying. You act like you didn't read what he said. He said he wasn't praising terrorism and that he cared about new yorkers and he knew some people that were involved with the attacks.

No offence, but it seems like some people are so blinded with anger over 9/11 that they can't see that it is more than the "Bad" terrorists out to get the "wholesome and innocent" Americans. That's how the media portrays it but I know it goes way deeper than that.

He shouldnt have to explain his lyrics like that. Courage? Oh please. He even called him "the great" Mohammed Omar Atta. I dont think hes a terrorist but i also think hes full of shit. Think about it. WOuld any of us giev a fuck about juelz santana if he didnt say this? No! who was really moved by his incredible(haha) perfromance on Camrons song. Us just talkin about this is giving him the promotion he doesnt deserve.

You do have a point when you said "it is more than the "Bad" terrorists out to get the "wholesome and innocent" Americans"
I really agree with that. BUT I am not an American and I am not blinded by the sadness of this all. I have a reason to be pissed off about this. A guy is praising a murderer. Not just a terrorist, a murderer, a killer. It discusts me that anyone could give any support to someoen that could do so much evil.

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2002, 10:33:05 PM »
Aight man, I see what your saying. I couldn't five a shit about Juelz Santana to be honest so I'm not defending him because I like him. And eventhough it was intended for publicity I understand where he's coming from. You see it differently. Cool with me.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
FUCK Cam'ron and Juelz Santana!!!
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2002, 04:20:39 PM »
"I worship the prophet/The great Mohammed Omar Atta/For his courage behind the wheel of the plane/Reminds me when I was dealin' the 'caine."
What a stupid motherfucker!!! I hope he gets his ass beat for that line.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2002, 05:12:56 PM »

I nevrr said it had deep meaning. I know it was a way to get attention drawn to himself. I'm just saying I feel what he was saying. You act like you didn't read what he said. He said he wasn't praising terrorism and that he cared about new yorkers and he knew some people that were involved with the attacks.

No offence, but it seems like some people are so blinded with anger over 9/11 that they can't see that it is more than the "Bad" terrorists out to get the "wholesome and innocent" Americans. That's how the media portrays it but I know it goes way deeper than that.

i agree with you homie that shit hurts to see something like what happend on sept 11 but that should make you mentally stronger and really think about whats going on people get really mad and start trippin and shit you got to settle down and fuckin think about it. i kinda agree with his statement he must have strong belief if he did some  shit like that i just like to think what was going on from different people not just the people but why did they do this? and i do agree he had caurage to do what he did......you guys be talkin about snoop having courage for spitting a diss verse at suge man thats pussy shit think about what this guy did i think it takes courage to do what he did. now i dont want to be called a terrorist or anything just look at my avatar i think that we just got to open our eyes a little.

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2002, 06:53:30 PM »

How is what he said intellengent, All he was trying to do is start controversy there for get exposure. Its a proven fact that controversy sells. But in my mind he went to far. I dont respect what he said at all and I can tell i dont like him already.

LOL.  I halfway agree, not about the last part though... but I think the only reason they opened their mouth was to get contraversy going.  

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2002, 09:02:04 PM »
i think juelz santana is a confused individual. calling Atta a prophet and great? and i'm sorry but yall sayin its ok for him to say he thinks this way? i think everyone can have their own opinions, but that is an ignorant statement. thats like saying, "I worship the great Hitler" i mean, i know he brutally murdered millions of jews, but you gotta admire the courage it takes to do that. thats exactly what this damn fool is saying. correct me if i'm wrong, but the ROC is a subsidiary of Def Jam. and Def Jam owner Russell Simmons home was destroyed by the attacks. I wonder how he feels about these lyrics. peace

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2002, 10:00:52 AM »
The way I see it it wasn't courage but blind anger. Comparin what Atta did to dealin caine and callin it courage that should be worshipped is straight up bullshit, but there is one thing he says that is quite on point:

"If that had have never happened, I would have never been able to sing that. It's because United States have been going over there trespassing, stealing their stuff... now they make it seem like they came over here and bombed us for nothing.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2002, 06:31:05 PM »
but wait let me think i forgot .....its courage when our Military goes over and bombs the fuck out of them and kills civilians (maybe not on purpose) and but its courage that they did that......think about it a little we do it all the time....im not agreeing on the fact that he praises his courage cause i dont think he should be praised for that i would rather praise the courage that Ghandi had when he took beatings from the British.....and Cesar Chavez for fasting like he did practically starving which later was determined was cause for his death........Things like that is courage worth praising to me..... cause they fought with non violence to help there fellow man......im just saying he should be able to say whatever the fuck he wants though cause that what the reason behind all this the freedom we talk about. like eminem says on white america...."to have the right to say something that you might not like".....thats what makes this country so great in my opinion.