Author Topic: Just see what happens when/if Ja Rule gets shot  (Read 1778 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Just see what happens when/if Ja Rule gets sho
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2002, 11:29:42 AM »
Maybe it was a California thing, but I knew grips of people that called 'Pac the Greatest Rapper Ever when he was alive. A lot of people would go, he can't be, but could never name someone better. It's like, who's better, and then silence. Even Rakim fans, and Biggie fans stayed quiet, and this is when 'Pac was still living. After he died, many people felt like since 'Pac's career was over, he could be the Greatest, 'cause it just seems like a title you get after your career is over.

Biggie was really popular in the East, and was the King of N.Y., so I know his fan was huge in N.Y. like 'Pac in Cali. Best flow ever.

Pun was popular, but never that great. After he died, Eastcoast was calling him G.O.A.T. of Latin Rap. People in Cali were not quick to give him that label.

Eazy always had his few followers, 'cause he was suppose to be super thug, but always more hated than liked, even among hip-hop heads and other gangstaz. Death just made people feel uncomfortable hating him.

Ja Rule will be a quick good-by, and Murder Inc. living off his name. His ranking will move up, probley be call the best of this era. Then again, same if DMX dies, Nas, Jay-Z, ya' know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

bez

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2002, 12:18:58 PM »
Truth is with Biggie and 2Pac's murder and all the controversy that has surrownded that over the years I wouldent want to see anymore deaths involved in the rap game.  Ja does his thing, DMX does his thing, everyone does there own thing and thats cool.  I hope that beefs such as Ja and DMX's just stays within music and it doesnt get as big and biggies and Pacs because after all we have seen this shit before and loo where it got them both.  I hope they can keep this strickly down to music and then if they still have vile feeling towards each other they should just not speak.  Although I would like to see most beef's squashed it aint guna happen and sometimes it does make good listening.  I would love to see a Nas feat Jay Z track, or Ja feat DMX track, if these rappers had any intelligence then they would have a beef for publicity then squash it and appear on a few track together.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2002, 12:23:18 PM »

2pac was already one of the best before his "Row" dayz...danmm!! yall respect the fucken real.
Check his lp's before "All eyez" muthaphuckk's today still can't fucc with it. Pac was a special rapper..2 bad 98% of you never felt that energy of Pac before he blew up.
The Bandwagon didn't pick yall' up until around 98'-99'.
Pac is the G.O.A.T. because his word's and way of saying them will never get old...his messege will always be told forever. No-one can deliver a cut like Pac, and make u feel it.

The Notorious B.I.G.....mann yall should fucken slap yourself's for not respecting Biggie's contributions to the east Coast.
His breif carrer was stellar....and can and will never be toppled by anyone coming outta that region ever. ImO
Just Face it.

Big Punisher....WHoa!! you wanna talk about hip-hop lyrical giant's no-one can twist word's and still make sense like Pun. Listen to his shitt....read along wit' his word's as he rap's, his shit will amaze you wit' the shitt this guy seem's to get out of his single breathe style.(Minus Frost, B-Real & Mellow man ace) Pun's done more for "Latin hip-hop" than any wack ass Chicano rapper will do ever. His shit wasn't always about the same subject's....And since Big & Pac nobody has done it better. ImO

So Death did absolutley nothin' for their legacy...

When was Eazy-E hated..?
I never knew he was hated on......danm!!!! And I've been listening to his music since most of yall' were still on the tit and shittin' in your droor's.
If you mean the Death row day's as hate then....u really haven't gotten the full extent of what hip-hop was like when this shitt was fresh.
When "Eazy-Duz-it" was new everyone had it......EVERYONE,
PERIOD.

Death did nothin' for him....E was already a legend.
He created the oppertunity for most of our favorite artist's. ;)
u figure that one out....do the math.

To those who say their musik was over rated because of their death.......FUCK YOU!

ImO
------------------------------------------------

If Ja get's taken away right now....he will be known as the king of the radio at the point of his demise, face it.
and will always be known as the guy all people were jealous of....for not being 2pac. Just listen or don't listen, and that's it. He write's the hitz, does it really hurt u that much?
remember "Pain is love".

Swallow BacC
Hatesrats 2oo2

bez

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2002, 12:43:12 PM »
Why does it seem like your about 25 years old?  You seem to of been around for ages, claiming you where fans of all these people b4 they blew up.  Ne ways I do think that death has sparked the career of most of the rappers you listed.

Easy:  Voice aint even good, his flow aint bad but his voice is annoying.

2Pac: Amazing flow and amazing voice but he only really appealed to the whole world after his death.  Because of promotions and unrealeased tracks and shit.

sorry just my opinion

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2002, 12:50:16 PM »
Why does it seem like your about 25 years old?  You seem to of been around for ages, claiming you where fans of all these people b4 they blew up.

LoL....good guess homie..
I am 25 year's old  ;)

And I respect your opinion and those of other's always.

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2002, 01:44:04 PM »
I remember people hating Eazy 'cause of not writting lyrics. Though his voice allowed some to over look that. And I feel ya' with 'Pac, 'cause 'Pac has always been the Greatest in my eyez after he dropped Pain on Above the Rim's tape version, no one ever came realler than that. I'm hesitant to call Pun the Latin's G.O.A.T. 'cause of B-Real and early Kid Frost. After Frost 3rd CD though, he seemed to fall off hard. B-Real usually comes very consistant. It's hard to place those 3 though. I still bump Pun's 1st CD, 2nd was also nice. But on Eazy again. I know everyone had Eazy Does It,  it was my first tape I ever got. But no one really picked up It's On (Dr. Dre) 187=umKilla except for to see what's up with Dre. After Dre left, people hated E until Bone dropped. Then after For The Love of Money, I couldn't find one person who wouldn't finish the verse, "Standing on the corner straight slanging rocks," But that was a long span that people hated on E, and it was just before his death that he got love again. Remember, Death Row ruled peoples opion if you remember correctly.

bez

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2002, 03:24:52 PM »

LoL....good guess homie..
I am 25 year's old  ;)

And I respect your opinion and those of other's always.

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

no joke you 25, wierd that I have always been good at guessing peoples ages, I was out my aunts once and my uncle brought around this new girl he was with everyone was trying to guess her age and straight up outof the blue I just went 32.  She looked at me as if I was cycic and went yer 32 I am.  I was like I am tha shiznit.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2002, 02:05:50 AM »
Maybe it was a California thing, but I knew grips of people that called 'Pac the Greatest Rapper Ever when he was alive. A lot of people would go, he can't be, but could never name someone better. It's like, who's better, and then silence. Even Rakim fans, and Biggie fans stayed quiet, and this is when 'Pac was still living. After he died, many people felt like since 'Pac's career was over, he could be the Greatest, 'cause it just seems like a title you get after your career is over.

Biggie was really popular in the East, and was the King of N.Y., so I know his fan was huge in N.Y. like 'Pac in Cali. Best flow ever.

I never understand why people think 2Pac & Biggie can't be considered as G.O.A.T. They were HUGE when they were alive, more so in the US but they were making waves here (UK) too considering the UK mainstream wasn't heavily into hip-hop just yet. I considered 'Pac to be a contender for the G.O.A.T. title when he dropped "Me Against The World", then when he followed that up with "All Eyez On Me" he was to me, and then when "Makaveli.." dropped it just made him an even stronger contender, 3 solid classics in a row, thats pretty amazing. I've never felt so strong about the G.O.A.T. status until 'Pac came along, there's been nothing as great as 'Pac since imo either, and it's been a while since his death now, that just shows that he is worthy of the title. I think the ones that don't consider him the G.O.A.T. don't own many of his albums or appreciate his material the way others do, thats fair enough I guess.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2002, 02:56:46 AM »

Im sure that all of them have at least spit on somthin this year. C'mon man is ja rule really better than them anyway. Im free and open for you too prove me wrong but what has ja rule put out this year tahts original or different? In my opinion all the rappers i named are better than him and thats not hating on him. Ill admit there was a time when i sort of liked him. When he put his first cd out he wasnt all poppy. Not one of my favs but it was ok. Now i cant say I like him at all and I think there are DEFENETLY 100 better mc's. If I have too Ill go deep underground for this one.

yeah thank you thank you thank you. my eyez start bleeding when people say that ja rule is one of the best rappers in hip hop today. i guess everyones got different tastes hue. and all those rappers from Infinites list put out new songs this year. but who cares what the radio plays, it doesnt mean that ja rules music is quality just because you hear it on the radio

but if you want me to, i can name more than 20 better rappers that are on the radio TODAY

wc
dj quik
xzibit
nate dogg
shade sheist
mack 10
ice cube
noreaga
busta rhymes
crooked i
ll cool j
ludacris
eminem
snoop dogg
styles
bone thugs
timbaland
fabolous
p diddy (yes hes better)
camron
nas
jay z and and and and.....

i could name many more, and remember, each one of them get radio airplay
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network