Poll

Who wins?

Lakers
36 (55.4%)
Celtics
29 (44.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: 2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics  (Read 15387 times)

WestCoasta

Re: 2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2008, 12:37:29 PM »
you guys see the Celtics players after the game?

in the locker room chanting "Beat L.A. - Beat L.A.!"

haha that's some lame shit, what is this?

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2008, 12:46:56 PM »
you guys see the Celtics players after the game?

in the locker room chanting "Beat L.A. - Beat L.A.!"

haha that's some lame shit, what is this?

Yeah, I seen that shit. Fuckin' gay..

wcsoldier

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2008, 12:14:40 AM »
They have already released these lames Beat LA T-Shirt ... the Cs back to the Finals after 21 years look like a man who cant wait to hit a wrinkled  pussy after being locked up during decades ... pathetic

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2008, 03:27:46 AM »
^So the current Lakers are like a wrinkled pussy? Come on, you guys are better than that.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2008, 03:42:14 AM »
no, but between all the foreign guys like sasha, pau, and turiaf, it's certainly hairy. but like great american poet Axel W. Rose once said when he got off the bus in LA "welcome to the jungle...you're gonna die"

fuck the celtics and their lame ass band wagon jumpin' fans who just appeared after 21 years.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

wcsoldier

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2008, 06:38:29 AM »
^So the current Lakers are like a wrinkled pussy? Come on, you guys are better than that.
that's not I wanted to mean .. the Cs were way too excited after their win , they acted like they won the ship .. it's like that wack ass Eddie House screamin to bother a Cav who got a wide open 3 in the Game 7 ... I know this team hasn't done shit for 20+ years but they look like fools

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2008, 10:06:34 AM »
L.A. is gonna need to pay attention to K. Perkins & Rondo.
They will be the KEY ingredient for the C's.
Together they form a complete player in both Point's & Rebounds.

K.G. will get his usual 19+ (Prob increse during the finals to 25+) additional mins
Allen will get his 15+ (Prob increse during the finals to 25+) additional mins
And Pierce will get his 21+ (Prob increse during the finals to 25+) additional mins
even if they play the best ball of the year, similar to what Barkley said about the Spurs
if the big three score 75 point's it still is not enough to beat L.A.
The C's bench will have to play better than The Bench Mob to stand a chance.

Or should I say, The Bench Mob will have to play like they did all season long
and not let us down like they did during some of the Utah series & Denver.
if The Lakers bench can hold us down, it almost seems like a lock.

Pau needs to forget about being blocked and take it stronger to the basket.
Boston only has one true flopper in Pierce, Gasol should not worry as much about foul trouble.

Kobe & Odom are 24/7 They will get theirs...
Fisher will be key, as will Turiaf.

Danm I can't wait (Like a WWII vet coming home for some of that Poon')
Lakers in 5 (Game 1 will be the Game to win, set the tone)

SO PRUP

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2008, 10:38:34 AM »
lakers in 5 or 6

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »
A position-by-position look at the matchups in the NBA finals between the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers.

CENTER: Kendrick Perkins vs. Pau Gasol. The Lakers wouldn't be here without their midseason acquisition of Gasol from Memphis. He's a good passer for a big man, making him an excellent fit for the triangle offense, and is shooting 53 percent in the postseason while averaging 17.7 points. Perkins made 61.5 percent of his shots in the regular season and had some strong games in the Eastern Conference finals, including an 18-point, 16-rebound performance in Game 5. Edge: Lakers.

POWER FORWARD: Kevin Garnett vs. Lamar Odom. The Defensive Player of the Year, Garnett increased his offensive production in the conference finals, averaging 22.8 points in Boston's victory over Detroit. His intensity on both ends of the floor is what makes the Celtics go. The versatile Odom was inconsistent against San Antonio in the Western Conference finals, but rebounded from a poor Game 3 with strong performances in the last two games. Edge: Celtics.

SMALL FORWARD: Paul Pierce vs. Vladimir Radmanovic. Finally in the NBA finals in his 10th year with Boston, Pierce is set to face his hometown team. He has shown in the playoffs he can still be a potent scorer, notably in his 41-point effort to beat Cleveland in Game 7 of the second round, and has become an underrated defender. Radmanovic is a good perimeter shooter who doesn't do much else, and the Lakers need his jumper to be on to soften a Boston defense that held opponents to the lowest field goal percentage in the league. Edge: Celtics.

SHOOTING GUARD: Ray Allen vs. Kobe Bryant. Allen seemed to break out of his shooting slump in the final two games of the conference finals, averaging 23 points and going 8-of-14 from 3-point range. Bryant, a tenacious defender, will certainly welcome the challenge of trying to get that slump started again. And the league MVP has been at his best in the playoffs, averaging 31.9 points to lead all players in the postseason and shooting 52 percent. Edge: Lakers.

POINT GUARD: Rajon Rondo vs. Derek Fisher. Fisher had a fairly quiet series in the conference finals, but his postseason experience, solid defense and courage to take big shots remain a comfort to the Lakers even when his shot isn't falling. Rondo's poor jumper was especially off late in the last round, when he shot 10-of-35 in the final three games. The Lakers will make him beat them from the outside. Edge: Lakers.

RESERVES: James Posey, P.J. Brown, Sam Cassell, Eddie House, Leon Powe, Glen Davis and Tony Allen vs. Sasha Vujacic, Luke Walton, Jordan Farmar, Ronny Turiaf, DJ Mbenga and Trevor Ariza. Posey won a title with Miami two years ago and is a key contributor who will help defend Bryant, but tough to figure out what else to expect from Celtics' reserves. Minutes greatly fluctuated along with their production for most of them during the postseason. The Lakers counter with a much younger bench that tries to increase the tempo and energy when Bryant is resting. Edge: Lakers.

COACHES: Doc Rivers vs. Phil Jackson. Rivers did a great job molding all the Celtics' new pieces into a 66-win team. But he's appeared to lose confidence in some of his role players during the postseason, creating some inconsistent rotations. Jackson, the career leader in postseason victories, did one of his best coaching jobs this season on a team that started with the turmoil surrounding a possible Bryant trade and was never expected to be here. He seeks a 10th title, which would break Red Auerbach's record. Edge: Lakers.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/2008-05-31-4133576738_x.htm
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.

Droz

• Lil Geezy
  • O Muthafuccin G!
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2008, 12:30:56 PM »
LAKERS WILL TAKE IT IN 6!!! 8)

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2008, 12:47:11 PM »
Lakers in 5,  maybe a sweep but Bos can maybe win 1.

DIP DIP SET SET

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2008, 06:12:47 PM »
I love all the bandwagon calls. Im sure the Clippers have a very loyal following even though they have had some shit teams in the past. ::)

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2008, 06:14:03 PM »
Gasol will flop (hes worse than vlade divac) and get KG in foul trouble Lakers over celtics in 5

however , if garnett manages to stay in the game celtics over lakers in 6  ;D