Author Topic: Weekend Audio Vol. 5: Bishop, Techniec, TQ, Problem, Slim The Mobster, LL Cool J  (Read 1438 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com

Another week has passed, and it's about time for this week's Weekend Audio feature on dubcnn! We've got a couple gems for ya'll this week, ranging from Bishop Lamont and LL Cool J's upcoming projects to Problem's new artist Hood Rich and Canadian producers Haze Ent who connected with TQ, Crooked I and B-Legit amongst others for a collabo.

The first joint of the day is a Bishop Lamont solo track off Bishop's "The Confessional" mixtape with DJ Whoo Kid dropping any minute. Tha Bizness laced Bishop with a banger, download "Get Off My D-ck" below:

Bishop Lamont - Get Off My D-ck (Prod. by Tha Bizness)

Next up is the latest street single from a new artist named Hood Rich, who's signed to Problem's Derang Ent. He got Problem to jump on the track with him, and reached out to Slim The Mobster, also known as "Detox"' secret weapon, to join him for a verse. The track is called "Money, Cash, Cars", check it out below:

Hood Rich - Money, Cash, Cars (ft. Problem & Slim The Mobster)

Let's get to a potential album track off LL Cool J's upcoming long player "Exit 13". LL announced his return with the recent release of the posse cut "5 Boroughs", featuring fellow NY reps Method Man, Jim Jones, KRS One & Lil Kim. A new track has leaked, this time on a more mellow tip, featuring Trey Songz called "Girl If I". This is another Tha Bizness production, Dow Jones & J-Hen have really been getting it in 2008!

LL Cool J - Girl If I (ft. Trey Songz) (Prod. by Tha Bizness)

We have a world premiere for ya'll next. The Long Beach rebel Techniec has a new summer record to ride out to called "Absolut Cup", and we have it right here for ya'll to check out. The track was produced by AAA Music Group and co-produced by Long Beach's own L'z. It's always good to hear some new Techniec, check out the track below and also peep him out on MySpace.

Techniec - Absolut Cup (Prod. by AAA / L'z)

Let's take a quick trip up to Canada, where the production team Haze Ent have been on their grind collaborating with US artists such as Shade Sheist and Glasses Malone. We have just been sent a track orchestrated by Haze Ent called "Legends", which features Koncreto, QP, Crooked I, TQ and B-Legit. To hear what the combination sounds like, check out "Legends" below:

Koncreto - Legends (ft. QP, Crooked I, TQ & B-Legit) (Prod. by Haze Ent)

Look out for Haze Ent's "I Only Touch Greatness Pt. 2" project.

Last but not least we have a new track from Shady Records signee Bobby Creekwater. It's been kind of quiet around him since the release of the "Re-Up" compilation, last we heard was that Bobby Creek was working on his solo album "A Brilliant Mistake", which he's trying to drop this fall. The track we have for ya'll today is called "Rainman" and he adresses the rumours of him not dropping on it and much more. Check it out below:

Bobby Creekwater - Rainman

That's it this time around for our Weekend Audio, check back with us in a week for more exclusive music!

AnybodyKilla

Propz Nima, bout to peep em all!!!

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Keep it coming!

smegma

Here are my small reviews...

Bishop Lamont - Get Off My Dick (Prod. by Tha Bizness)
This song is doesn't do it for me. It's kinda boring. The beat is alright, but it needs a rapper with a deeper voice. It doesn't fit Bishop Lamont.

Bobby Creekwater - Rainman
I'm feeling this! B.C. flows well over it too :)

Hood Rich - Money, Cash, Cars (ft. Problem & Slim The Mobster)
Boooooooooooring

I already knew this song and I don't like it. I do like the verses from TQ and Crooked I, but like I already said on tqboard: this song sounds like a bad cut and paste job.

LL Cool J - Girl If I (ft. Trey Songz) (Prod. by Tha Bizness)
This sounds like any other song LL Cool J has put out the last few years. It's not innovative at all, but the trick works.

Techniec - Absolut Cup
Tight beat, tight flow... this is how I like to hear Techniec. Really dope song :)

gchild

• 'G'
thanks for the info on new LL track, not what i expected from LL for his Exit 13 album, thanks for track though Nima

Nima - Dubcnn.com

I already knew this song and I don't like it. I do like the verses from TQ and Crooked I, but like I already said on tqboard: this song sounds like a bad cut and paste job.

Yeah I know what you mean, the song sounds dope on paper, but the track doesn't sound mixed, the voices have different levels, specially TQ's verse sounds out of place.

Appreciate the reviews, keep it coming!

smegma

Yeah I know what you mean, the song sounds dope on paper, but the track doesn't sound mixed, the voices have different levels, specially TQ's verse sounds out of place.

Appreciate the reviews, keep it coming!

It's not even that, but I get the feeling like Haze Ent. sent e-mails to all these artists saying that they wanted to make a track that was called Legends and then the artists sent in their verses. It's a crap song and the hook is disgusting. B-Legit sounds like he wanted to make a few quick bucks, lol.

Since Crooked I's and TQ's verses are the only parts of the song that I like I decided to cut out the rest:
tq & crooked i - legends edit.mp3 - 2.30MB
crooked i - legends edit.mp3 - 0.90MB
tq-legends_edit.mp3 - 0.83MB

That guy from Haze Ent. said in a myspace blog the other day that he didn't know how he could possibly make a better track than this one and all I could think was: I wish I was so easily satisfied.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 06:35:10 AM by smegma »

BANGADOSHISH!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
wheres tech been at ? good to heer fresh stuff from him  :D

The Techniec song is actually a few weeks old. But its all good.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

The Techniec song is actually a few weeks old. But its all good.

Ok cool I hadn't seen it before and it was sent to us and we were asked to "world premier" it, but hey you know how that goes! I'm sure plenty of people hadn't heard it before.

I was personally really feeling the Bobby Creek song, I hadn't checked for him much but this song was cool.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Dope! Props nima, good to hear from Tech and the LL, BC and Bishop songs were great to check out!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

sniperuk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Young'Un
ll track is nice, so is tech's track.  8)

RHustle

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Dimos

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
That Techniec joint is dope! Great laidback beat and flow is on point. Definitely something to bang in the summer...

red

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
that LL track is a potential summertime banger. 8)