Author Topic: Ready To Die Vs. Illmatic  (Read 1459 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

Re: Ready To Die Vs. Illmatic
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2002, 03:31:56 AM »

lol. i like the beats more, nas spits better lyrics, theres no filler, and he raps about different shit than just your average "i bust gats and sell drugs"

Thats pretty much how I feel too. I mean I don't think anyone can deny the talent Biggie had but he never really broke any barriers with his subject matter, he never really talked about anything important, he didn't tackle any real issues, he was pretty much just a bling bling rapper if you ask me, only he was much better lyrically than anyone else at what he spoke about.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2002, 11:24:05 AM »
I cant believe you cats. Yall saying these albums shit on one another. Neither of these albums shits on the other. They are extremely close, as both are two great classics.

My personal preference: Illmatic

why?? Because you cant beat 40 minutes of near perfection.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

.: God Is One :.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • .:CPT´s own REAL Muthaphukkin G´:.
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2002, 12:55:14 AM »
i never said he wasn't good you idiot.
raise off his dick ho.

U mean he´s good, but the shit he raps about is nothing but garbage??? But u like the way he flow because u said he was good, right??? Exactly! u cant deny good music (note: MUSIC, not the lyrics) then if u like the beats, u have to call it a classic, cuz u like the flow and the beats. I mean Snoop didnt rap about nothing special on Doggystyle, just rymes over even better rymes with a flow that was untouchable, i didnt pay attention to what he was talking about from the beginning, just the guns n the gats & the hoez, i dont find that enjoying, but i sure do call the album a classic U FUKKIN IDIOT!!!!!!!

Peace
"When I sit back n´ look, when i used to be crook, doin whatever it took, from snatching chains to pocketbooks" - Notorious B.I.G "Ready 2 Die"

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2002, 03:05:46 AM »

U mean he´s good, but the shit he raps about is nothing but garbage??? But u like the way he flow because u said he was good, right??? Exactly! u cant deny good music (note: MUSIC, not the lyrics) then if u like the beats, u have to call it a classic, cuz u like the flow and the beats. I mean Snoop didnt rap about nothing special on Doggystyle, just rymes over even better rymes with a flow that was untouchable, i didnt pay attention to what he was talking about from the beginning, just the guns n the gats & the hoez, i dont find that enjoying, but i sure do call the album a classic U FUKKIN IDIOT!!!!!!!

Peace

i just think its nonsense considering he didn't have to live that lifestyle. not to mention he didn't spit the criminology half as good as kool g rap or anyone who came before him who helped to mold the style. how can i argue with someone that doesn't even pay attention to lyrics? do you just listen to rap albums for the beats? also when did i ever say ready 2 die wasn't classic? yeah, i never did you moron. big was a good lyricist but i never thought he was that amazing.....
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2002, 03:40:43 AM »

i just think its nonsense considering he didn't have to live that lifestyle. not to mention he didn't spit the criminology half as good as kool g rap or anyone who came before him who helped to mold the style. how can i argue with someone that doesn't even pay attention to lyrics? do you just listen to rap albums for the beats? also when did i ever say ready 2 die wasn't classic? yeah, i never did you moron. big was a good lyricist but i never thought he was that amazing.....

Look what i wrote ^^^ i said Doggystyle included lyrics that were rymez over rymez, no story´s (except Lodi Dodi & few more) but he´s flow was untouchable ya know, but i concider listen 2 mc like biggie who has very dope & smart rymez feel me? And yeah if the beat is good but the rapper doesnt do that well i still think its a good song. So I DO pay attention to lyrics and I DO pay attention to beats!
Beeeyaeeeyayeatch!!!!!!!!
"When I sit back n´ look, when i used to be crook, doin whatever it took, from snatching chains to pocketbooks" - Notorious B.I.G "Ready 2 Die"

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2002, 03:50:39 AM »

he was talking about dying too. omg i wonder who he got that from!!! if you like the album so fucking much go listen to it and stop questioning me.

yea,u bet I like the album so fuckin much, and be sure I listen to it every fucking day....this album is prolly one of the 3 best lyrical albums ever....
first and for all, one of the most ignorant things is to dismiss albums cause of certain topical details...so what if GUNz, drugs and death are parts of the topics he adresses- don't u think it's kinda childish and closed minded to dislike an album due to it's topical components?- I believe that it's the artist's right to decide whatever topics he likes to adress, what I demand is proper Lyrical structuring that lets the listener into whatever tha rapper chooses to talk about, the topics shouldn't be the reason why you like certain songs and albums(when a rapper uses a certain topical hints to get listeners-it's called a gimmick), the reason should be the rapper's abillity to tell it right, and at this- BIG will forever remain a master...

p.s
now even if I was stupid enough to take your coment seriously,- are you saying NAS didn't talk about drugz death and gatz on Illmatic?!-PLeeeeZ...
not that it has something to do with anythang  :)
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2002, 04:31:32 AM »

Look what i wrote ^^^ i said Doggystyle included lyrics that were rymez over rymez, no story´s (except Lodi Dodi & few more) but he´s flow was untouchable ya know, but i concider listen 2 mc like biggie who has very dope & smart rymez feel me? And yeah if the beat is good but the rapper doesnt do that well i still think its a good song. So I DO pay attention to lyrics and I DO pay attention to beats!
Beeeyaeeeyayeatch!!!!!!!!

"i didnt pay attention to what he was talking about from the beginning" yeah your real smart. fuckin hypocrite. take your Beeeyaeeeyayeatch!!!!!!!! somewhere else and get an education.

yea,u bet I like the album so fuckin much, and be sure I listen to it every fucking day....this album is prolly one of the 3 best lyrical albums ever....
first and for all, one of the most ignorant things is to dismiss albums cause of certain topical details...so what if GUNz, drugs and death are parts of the topics he adresses- don't u think it's kinda childish and closed minded to dislike an album due to it's topical components?- I believe that it's the artist's right to decide whatever topics he likes to adress, what I demand is proper Lyrical structuring that lets the listener into whatever tha rapper chooses to talk about, the topics shouldn't be the reason why you like certain songs and albums(when a rapper uses a certain topical hints to get listeners-it's called a gimmick), the reason should be the rapper's abillity to tell it right, and at this- BIG will forever remain a master...

p.s
now even if I was stupid enough to take your coment seriously,- are you saying NAS didn't talk about drugz death and gatz on Illmatic?!-PLeeeeZ...
not that it has something to do with anythang  

i'm not being ignorant because I OWN THE FUCKIN ALBUM.
i can't stand when a rapper has nothing better to do than rap about the same thing on every single track constantly. it shows no versatility whatsoever and it gets very boring. biggie may have been good at rapping in the style he chose but he certainly wasn't the best.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2002, 09:21:36 AM »

i'm not being ignorant because I OWN THE FUCKIN ALBUM.
i can't stand when a rapper has nothing better to do than rap about the same thing on every single track constantly. it shows no versatility whatsoever and it gets very boring. biggie may have been good at rapping in the style he chose but he certainly wasn't the best.

BIG was a master of storytelling which btw is probablly the most challenging and skill requiring lyrical craft in rap...NAS was\is nowhere near Biggie when it comes to storytelling ...
and by saying he talked about the same thing on all of the tracks u Just prove my point from the previous post.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2002, 09:44:48 AM »

BIG was a master of storytelling which btw is probablly the most challenging and skill requiring lyrical craft in rap...NAS was\is nowhere near Biggie when it comes to storytelling ...
and by saying he talked about the same thing on all of the tracks u Just prove my point from the previous post.

isn't it obvious that your argument is no longer valid when you go from talking about his album to his story telling skills? might i add that i didn't even mention? since when could biggie even fuck with slick rick or g rap in the story telling department anyway? you can't call someone a "master" unless they're the best. tell me a track on ready to die where he doesn't talk about the same thing. you can't can you? even half of the people at sohh said the album was boring.
now please stop talking circles around yourself.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2002, 06:46:30 AM »

In most cases comparing Nas & Biggie's storytelling skills i'd prolly agree with you, but I don't think i've heard Biggie tell a better story than Nas' "I Gave You Power". Nas hasn't told a story like that since he released IWW but thats just my opinion.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2002, 09:30:20 AM »

isn't it obvious that your argument is no longer valid when you go from talking about his album to his story telling skills? might i add that i didn't even mention? since when could biggie even fuck with slick rick or g rap in the story telling department anyway? you can't call someone a "master" unless they're the best. tell me a track on ready to die where he doesn't talk about the same thing. you can't can you? even half of the people at sohh said the album was boring.
now please stop talking circles around yourself.

Fuck wit? Man Biggie is thee best storyteller EVER in many people's opinions, and my personal favorite...he basiclly brought storytelling to a new level- u could almost touch wit yo hands tha shit he was describing(not even mentioning the way he could present his own subjective thoughts throughout his tailz), without his topic pick making any diffrence....he could go from telling u a tragic ballad of his Woman being killed to a description of a robbery wit equall skill...the things he chose to talk about were all supremely painted and beautifully trasnfromed to 3-dimentional pictures in yo head(Unless something there is missing ..:))
I don't care what lil fuck heads at sohh are saying, if anyone claims "R2D" was boring he has no idea what RAP\hiphop is about....
if anyone is taking sircles around himself it's u, cause u went from dismissing "r2d" compared to Illmatic by saying Illmatic had more grimmy beats(had nothing to do with lyrics) and after I proved you wrong you went to- underrating BIGz storytelling skillz and BSing about the topicz he perfectlly presented on the album...it's clear u are simply trying to digg as many negative ways to look at the album as u can( and since u can't virtually do that, U keep on trying to prove something u simply can't prove).

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2002, 09:38:28 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1029736098;start=20#39 date=08/27/02 at 11:46:30]

In most cases comparing Nas & Biggie's storytelling skills i'd prolly agree with you, but I don't think i've heard Biggie tell a better story than Nas' "I Gave You Power".

so If u think NAS told a better story than BIG could ever tell(with what I don't agree since Big'z storytelling was on a whole differend level. Nothin a unic yet jacked concept could touch), why did u say you'd prolly agree with me?!...

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2002, 10:03:59 AM »
Illmatic, quite handily i might add.

time already told, when people talk about the greatest album, it's Illmatic.

Everyday Struggle is grimey? we have a different definition of grimey then man.

if you're gonna get into storytelling and criticize Nas for a "jacked concept" that's just foolish.  how do you give someone more credit for just straight telling a story than someone who put a twist on it... especially something as good as "I Gave You Power".
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2002, 10:10:56 AM »

Fuck wit? Man Biggie is thee best storyteller EVER in many people's opinions, and my personal favorite...he basiclly brought storytelling to a new level- u could almost touch wit yo hands tha shit he was describing(not even mentioning the way he could present his own subjective thoughts throughout his tailz), without his topic pick making any diffrence....he could go from telling u a tragic ballad of his Woman being killed to a description of a robbery wit equall skill...the things he chose to talk about were all supremely painted and beautifully trasnfromed to 3-dimentional pictures in yo head(Unless something there is missing ..:))
I don't care what lil fuck heads at sohh are saying, if anyone claims "R2D" was boring he has no idea what RAP\hiphop is about....
if anyone is taking sircles around himself it's u, cause u went from dismissing "r2d" compared to Illmatic by saying Illmatic had more grimmy beats(had nothing to do with lyrics) and after I proved you wrong you went to- underrating BIGz storytelling skillz and BSing about the topicz he perfectlly presented on the album...it's clear u are simply trying to digg as many negative ways to look at the album as u can( and since u can't virtually do that, U keep on trying to prove something u simply can't prove).

who in the hell were you asking? because NO ONE absolutely No ONE has ever been able to tell a better story better than slick rick or paint a more vivid picture than kool g rap. i'm not picking my favorite like your ass. i'm picking THE BEST. you just proved my point that biggie talked about the same things because you didn't name any tracks that he could've(wouldn't of found any) been rapping about something different and plus you said "he could go from telling u a tragic ballad of his Woman being killed to a description of a robbery wit equall skill" which basically proved my point even further. you call sohh "lil fuck heads" but yet they are more diverse to what they listen to and they certainly know alot more about hiphop than your ass. not to mention they love eastcoast music with a passion. therefore its not just a random person who hates eastcoast artists. i said illmatic had more grimey beats because tom said you either love the grimey beats on illmatic or the more mainstream beats on ready to die. really how stupid are you? your trying to say you proved me wrong but yet jay d agrees with me.
you think i'm under rating his story telling skills because i said rick and g rap were better than him? please read slowly the next time you respond because i never said i didn't like him or that his story telling skills sucked. its funny to see you get all worked up because i said his album was too much about stupid shit and that he wasn't the best story teller.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2002, 11:03:19 PM »

"i didnt pay attention to what he was talking about from the beginning" yeah your real smart. fuckin hypocrite. take your Beeeyaeeeyayeatch!!!!!!!! somewhere else and get an education.

Yeah, and that is because i´m Swedish (Not english talking)
And i bought the album at the age of 12, how the fuck could i know what he was rhyming about??? Hypocrite!!!??
You fukkin ignorant bitch azz, suck my diiiiiiiiiack!!