Author Topic: Ready To Die Vs. Illmatic  (Read 1472 times)

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
Re: Ready To Die Vs. Illmatic
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2002, 03:30:00 AM »
Illmatic, quite handily i might add.

time already told, when people talk about the greatest album, it's Illmatic.

Everyday Struggle is grimey? we have a different definition of grimey then man.

I guess we do. as for "I gave u power" Ive already said be4 that the fact it's concept was jacked does not bother me, and Ive said be4 it was prolly one of the few real decent trackz on the garbagy IWW, Im not even critisizing, Im simply sayin Big'z storytelling was on a whole diffrend level...pay more atention while you reading...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2002, 04:08:35 AM »

who in the hell were you asking? because NO ONE absolutely No ONE has ever been able to tell a better story better than slick rick or paint a more vivid picture than kool g rap. i'm not picking my favorite like your ass. i'm picking THE BEST. you just proved my point that biggie talked about the same things because you didn't name any tracks that he could've(wouldn't of found any) been rapping about something different and plus you said "he could go from telling u a tragic ballad of his Woman being killed to a description of a robbery wit equall skill" which basically proved my point even further. you call sohh "lil fuck heads" but yet they are more diverse to what they listen to and they certainly know alot more about hiphop than your ass. not to mention they love eastcoast music with a passion. therefore its not just a random person who hates eastcoast artists. i said illmatic had more grimey beats because tom said you either love the grimey beats on illmatic or the more mainstream beats on ready to die. really how stupid are you? your trying to say you proved me wrong but yet jay d agrees with me.
you think i'm under rating his story telling skills because i said rick and g rap were better than him? please read slowly the next time you respond because i never said i didn't like him or that his story telling skills sucked. its funny to see you get all worked up because i said his album was too much about stupid shit and that he wasn't the best story teller.

lollollol, you know what's real clear and vivid man?- That Im dealing here with a thick headed, childish idiot that just trying to get some atention, one that insists on coming back to the thread and making himself look like a fool time after time whith each new post....

ok now Im gonna do this real slow so you'll get what Im saying:
Topicz that rappers pick to discuss in their lyrics are strictlly their choice, what I(as a listener) demand from an artist is to know how to express whatever theme he pickz.
Now after you read the above paragraph you might understand better why your whole "he talks about the same thing on all of the tracks" is completely irelevant to me, and to tell you the truth , it seem like something u just spoke out yo ass so I decided to  put it away on the previous post since I didn't want you to look the way Im gonna make u look now.
Im not the one who is getting worked up because you don't like a certain album, you were the one who snapped be4, sayin "if u like the album so fucking much go listen to it and stop questioning me"...

The fact that anyone agrees with you doesn't mean you are right, again showes how childish and dependent you are....

There is no way to pick the best since using the word "pick" already means it's your choice, thus, your opinion(your favorite). The way it looks to me no one ever came as Vivid and as multi dimentional at tha same time as BIG did with his stories.

It's funny how you try to ballance the BS you're saying with your "I never said I dont like him" while trashing a masterpiece of his at tha same time.

how did this prove your point: "he could go from telling u a tragic ballad of his Woman being killed to a description of a robbery wit equall skill" which basically proved my point even further"....
do you live in some special world where you're always right and every single sentence proves your point...or you'z just having hard time understanding what I type(this is very possible since I use alot of ebonics :))

I never said all the people at SOHH were lil fuck heads(speaking of reading slower ;)) I said that anyone who trashes this album doesn't know shit about hiphop and I refered to the group of people that said the album was boring.

you should just stop posting on this thread,I'm telling you this as an observer: you look like a fool man.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2002, 04:19:49 AM »

so If u think NAS told a better story than BIG could ever tell(with what I don't agree since Big'z storytelling was on a whole differend level. Nothin a unic yet jacked concept could touch), why did u say you'd prolly agree with me?!...

No, no, no. What I mean is Biggie has never told a better story than what Nas did with "I Gave You Power" imo, BUT since Nas has never made such a powerful & graphic storytelling song as that since all the other storytelling tracks Biggie has made have been better than Nas'. But Nas isn't as far behind Biggie in general as you seem to think. If that makes sense to you, lol.  

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2002, 04:38:43 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1029736098;start=40#47 date=08/28/02 at 09:19:49]

No, no, no. What I mean is Biggie has never told a better story than what Nas did with "I Gave You Power" imo, BUT since Nas has never made such a powerful & graphic storytelling song as that since all the other storytelling tracks Biggie has made have been better than Nas'. But Nas isn't as far behind Biggie in general as you seem to think. If that makes sense to you, lol.  

you'z right to some extant: NAS at his best can\could really bring it, yet I think BIGz storytelling skillz were far ahead...it wasn't just graphic when BIG did it, it had a number of levels, he also presented his subjective views on the story in such ways it seemed as if u were in his own head yourself, it was more than just a plain story it was more like a game whith your councience, it still gives me chillz when I listen to BIGz storytelling....he was simply a genius.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2002, 09:44:45 AM »

lollollol, you know what's real clear and vivid man?- That Im dealing here with a thick headed, childish idiot that just trying to get some atention, one that insists on coming back to the thread and making himself look like a fool time after time whith each new post....

ok now Im gonna do this real slow so you'll get what Im saying:
Topicz that rappers pick to discuss in their lyrics are strictlly their choice, what I(as a listener) demand from an artist is to know how to express whatever theme he pickz.
Now after you read the above paragraph you might understand better why your whole "he talks about the same thing on all of the tracks" is completely irelevant to me, and to tell you the truth , it seem like something u just spoke out yo ass so I decided to  put it away on the previous post since I didn't want you to look the way Im gonna make u look now.
Im not the one who is getting worked up because you don't like a certain album, you were the one who snapped be4, sayin "if u like the album so fucking much go listen to it and stop questioning me"...

The fact that anyone agrees with you doesn't mean you are right, again showes how childish and dependent you are....

There is no way to pick the best since using the word "pick" already means it's your choice, thus, your opinion(your favorite). The way it looks to me no one ever came as Vivid and as multi dimentional at tha same time as BIG did with his stories.

It's funny how you try to ballance the BS you're saying with your "I never said I dont like him" while trashing a masterpiece of his at tha same time.

how did this prove your point: "he could go from telling u a tragic ballad of his Woman being killed to a description of a robbery wit equall skill" which basically proved my point even further"....
do you live in some special world where you're always right and every single sentence proves your point...or you'z just having hard time understanding what I type(this is very possible since I use alot of ebonics :))

I never said all the people at SOHH were lil fuck heads(speaking of reading slower ;)) I said that anyone who trashes this album doesn't know shit about hiphop and I refered to the group of people that said the album was boring.

you should just stop posting on this thread,I'm telling you this as an observer: you look like a fool man.

yeah i'm an idiot but people are questioning you and not me?
notice how you said "i" as the listener? whatever you like in an artist may not be something i like. i would much rather hear about something important than stupid shit that biggie didn't even have to do because he had a GREAT LIFE.
how can i act like i like something when i don't?
i understand that you can't admit when your wrong.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Hittman

« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2002, 10:05:05 AM »
Yo I Geezy, Smartass is right, Slick Rick is easily the King Of Storytelling. I can say that without even liking his music.

Oh and to actually talk about the point of the thread, Illmatic is better. Songs like Lifes A Bitch & NY State Of Mind proves that. Theres alot of new cats to hip hop who hate on Illmatic when they hear it, but its definetely a contender for the album that grows on you the more you listen.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2002, 10:58:35 AM »

yeah i'm an idiot but people are questioning you and not me?
notice how you said "i" as the listener? whatever you like in an artist may not be something i like. i would much rather hear about something important than stupid shit that biggie didn't even have to do because he had a GREAT LIFE.
how can i act like i like something when i don't?
i understand that you can't admit when your wrong.

The fact people questioning me or you has nothing to do with the arguement, do u base all your opinions on what other people think?...I agree on that something I like U may not like and the other way around....
what I speak against is dismissing artists because of topicz they choose to talk about...IMO that is very close minded- it's tha same as censouring, the only thing we can expect from rappers as listeners is to know how to tell whatever theme they pick otherwise you gapredise your taste to half finished material and gimmickz since any half assed rapper who tries to talk about " world hunger" will atract you more than a fine MC spitten a detailed well structured story on some less important topic.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2002, 11:47:56 AM »

The fact people questioning me or you has nothing to do with the arguement, do u base all your opinions on what other people think?...I agree on that something I like U may not like and the other way around....
what I speak against is dismissing artists because of topicz they choose to talk about...IMO that is very close minded- it's tha same as censouring, the only thing we can expect from rappers as listeners is to know how to tell whatever theme they pick otherwise you gapredise your taste to half finished material and gimmickz since any half assed rapper who tries to talk about " world hunger" will atract you more than a fine MC spitten a detailed well structured story on some less important topic.

if i based my opinions on what other people think i would've just said illmatic or ready to die and not went into detail about the issue. i can go from listening to ras kass to 2pac to wc so i'm certainly not close minded. most rappers who rap about important issues are alot better than your average run of the mill rapper. i'm not saying that that's the case all of the time but i would say about 75%. if a rapper spits nice he will get regular rotation in my changer no matter what he raps about but i won't think its the best because its very easy to rap about guns, women, drugs, and killing even if you haven't experienced it. your basically just doing what the majority want you to do.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2002, 06:10:52 PM »
Illmatic

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2002, 04:47:49 AM »

if i based my opinions on what other people think i would've just said illmatic or ready to die and not went into detail about the issue. i can go from listening to ras kass to 2pac to wc so i'm certainly not close minded. most rappers who rap about important issues are alot better than your average run of the mill rapper. i'm not saying that that's the case all of the time but i would say about 75%. if a rapper spits nice he will get regular rotation in my changer no matter what he raps about but i won't think its the best because its very easy to rap about guns, women, drugs, and killing even if you haven't experienced it. your basically just doing what the majority want you to do.

It's very easy to rap about guns, drugs and killing? really...if u say so, I  on the other hand  tend to think that rapping about  certain things doesn't make it easier nor harder, worst or better, it's the final product the matters: otherwise u just do ,what (let's say) the people who hate on Eminem nowdays are doing-u dismiss a rapper because of a topic he chooses to talk about no metter how well he does it. U basiclly take his freedom of speach from him...you see, I trust my taste enough to know when I hear lyrical garbage and when I hear some genius work, unlike u, a small glimpse at tha topic is not something I need, to judge stuff by it.