Author Topic: Dubcnn: Westurn Union Drop Official Album Single, "Westurn Union", Ft. Daz Dilli  (Read 1877 times)

Capone~CA

• 'G'
Soopafly Dpgc you need to calm down man, Soopafly is a dope producer but c'mon don't you think your overrating him just a little bit ?? I mean his beats are hard as fuck but they do sound similiar to each other at times....

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Did anyone check their mixtape Houseshoe Musik???>?

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie

Yeah!  Everyone and their dog checked that mixtape...there were like two 8 page threads on this message board praising the mixtape and the great job Soopafly did on it.

Soopafly Dpgc you need to calm down man, Soopafly is a dope producer but c'mon don't you think your overrating him just a little bit ?? I mean his beats are hard as fuck but they do sound similiar to each other at times....

No, I really don't think i'm overrating him, I think people underrate him.  You said yourself he makes hard beats, so if they're good, of course he's going to try to make some of them sound similar.  If the formula works, why change it up?  He's bringing a fresh new sound to westcoast music.  When alot of these guys are trying to make Westcoast music sound like the south or whatever shit is hot right now, Fly is reinventing the Westcoast sound by integrating some of what made it great back in the 90's and adding a new modern feel to it.  No one else is doing what he is doing in the game right now.  He's an innovator.  That's why I compared him to NWA, as they were innovators back in the late 80's and breaking down barriers, now Fly is doing the same thing today and breaking down the barriers set up by these shitty artists like Soulja Boy.

Capone~CA

• 'G'

Yeah!  Everyone and their dog checked that mixtape...there were like two 8 page threads on this message board praising the mixtape and the great job Soopafly did on it.

No, I really don't think i'm overrating him, I think people underrate him.  You said yourself he makes hard beats, so if they're good, of course he's going to try to make some of them sound similar.  If the formula works, why change it up?  He's bringing a fresh new sound to westcoast music.  When alot of these guys are trying to make Westcoast music sound like the south or whatever shit is hot right now, Fly is reinventing the Westcoast sound by integrating some of what made it great back in the 90's and adding a new modern feel to it.  No one else is doing what he is doing in the game right now.  He's an innovator.  That's why I compared him to NWA, as they were innovators back in the late 80's and breaking down barriers, now Fly is doing the same thing today and breaking down the barriers set up by these shitty artists like Soulja Boy.

you know, that is true, he does have a unique sound  8)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 08:25:53 PM by Capone~CA »

D~Nice

yea, Snoop has a way of spoiling everything Fly does. Fly's presence in the studio is too intimidating to the human eye. Snoop knows this and immediately begins to feel threatened and decides to limit Fly's exposure. I know this. ;)

Yeah, I know it too.  Any longtime fan of Soopafly's can see this, you have a keen eye Johnny B.  But Snoop always conveniently makes it look like it wasn't his fault.  Like when Fly's album Willie Dynamite was just about to drop.  Fly was on Snoop's latest single "Losing Control" and was getting a major buzz, then Snoop just axes the whole album.  Then Fly produces the best song on Rhythm and Gangsta (Tha Business) and the way Snoop pays him back is he gives him no production on Ego Trippin.  Then after Soopafly drops the underground classic "Bangin Westcoast" album, he's getting a major buzz again.  Then, instead of dropping a solo album, Snoop decides it'd help Fly's career to stick him with 2 guys who are for all intents and purposes rookies in the rap game as far as hits are concerned.  Then snoop thought to himself "thank god, now Soopafly's out of my hair, he'll be weighed down by those 2 other guys and now I can concentrate on my country music career".  But now Soopafly is like a phoenix rising from the ashes and he's making Westurn Union blow up....the man that Snoop left for dead is now riding right on his heels again.  It'll be interesting to watch Snoop to see how he tries to get himself out of this one....i'm sure he'll think of something.

First off Westurn Union was Damani's idea. Snoop suggested to him to add Fly to the group. And Soopa did do work on Ego Trippin. Check the credits.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!

First off Westurn Union was Damani's idea. Snoop suggested to him to add Fly to the group. And Soopa did do work on Ego Trippin. Check the credits.

Exactly....Snoop wanted Fly to be part of the group...but why?  Lucc and Damani already had their little thing going, Soopafly is a well established artist already.  What good would it have done to put Soopafly in the group....nothing, except get him away from the heels of snoop...or so he thought.  Now Westurn Union is surpassing Snoop in popularity.  His little plan backfired big time right there.

E-Class

• 'G'
Good joint. Soopafly goes hard.

D~Nice

Exactly....Snoop wanted Fly to be part of the group...but why?  Lucc and Damani already had their little thing going, Soopafly is a well established artist already.  What good would it have done to put Soopafly in the group....nothing, except get him away from the heels of snoop...or so he thought.  Now Westurn Union is surpassing Snoop in popularity.  His little plan backfired big time right there.

Man any group would be better off to have Fly as a addition. The shit just makes sense. Listen to the tracks. Their chemistry is crazy. The album is still coming out on Doggystyle/Koch and Snoop co signed the mixtape so where in there is Snoop not assisting them or getting away from Fly? If anything, he seen the potential of what could happen having Damani and Lucc and Fly in 1 group together. And looks at the results.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
I let this song sink in for a few days, and it's still awesome!!

Westurn Union is like NWA for the modern era! 

Soopafly is Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Eazy E and DOC
Damani is MC Ren
Bad Lucc is Arabian Prince

Soopafly's production can't be touched by anyone in the game right now.  These guys are showing Crooked I how it's really done.  You drop a mixtape to get a buzz, then you drop a single, then an album....not drop a mixtape, then another mixtape, then another etc....

haha ?  ???

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
TRACKLIST
01 04:15 Westurn Union!! (Clean)
02 04:24 Westurn Union!! (Dirty)
03 04:22 Westurn Union!! (Instrumental)
RELEASENOTES
Snoop Dogg Presents Westurn Union
debut album coming summer 2008
produced by Soopafly
http://www.shareonall.com/Westurn_Union_Ft_BJ_And_Daz_Dillinger-Westurn_Union-CDS-2008-WHOA_kfur_rar.htm
OR
http://www.shareonall.com/Westurn_Union_Ft_BJ_And_Daz_Dillinger-Westurn_Union-CDS-2008-WHOA_rbva_rar.htm
OR
http://www.shareonall.com/Westurn_Union_Ft_BJ_And_Daz_Dillinger-Westurn_Union-CDS-2008-WHOA_qeee_rar.htm

Lucc

• 'G'
  • Im Coming for the crown!!!!!!!!!!
Chuuch 2 everyone who gave this song a good spin, whether u liked the joint or not. I just appreciate u lending an ear................

Thanks my Dub members

P.S. And Yes, U 2 SoopaflyDPGC! LOL!

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Props Lucc.....you all make a great team, keep up the great work!  Make sure Fly keeps bringin the upbeat summertime Westcoast sound, that's what we want to hear!

badfella

• Lil Geezy
That song is GARBAGE.

Capone~CA

• 'G'
^^^nonsense, everybody take a good listen the song is nicely put together  8)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 04:40:16 PM by Capone~CA »

badfella

• Lil Geezy
Daz sucks he shouldn't have been on that track.