Author Topic: Don Cannon Speaks On Debut Album & Arrest  (Read 76 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Don Cannon Speaks On Debut Album & Arrest
« on: June 02, 2008, 09:02:23 AM »
DJ Don Cannon is a veteran in this Hip-Hop game. Two radio shows; one on WHTA-FM another on Sirius Satalite, his partnership in the Aphilliates; a full service production company, a podcast, DJ’ing mixtapes as well as in clubs…  the list just keeps growing by the day!

Yo! Raps (www.yoraps.com) caught up with Cannon for an exclusive interview to talk about his future album due to be released during the winter of 2009, tattoos, chicks on MySpace and how he is able to balance out all that has been dealt to him. But more importantly; how truly blessed he really is.

Don Cannon´s debut album is highly anticipated after DJ Drama dropped his “Gangsta Grillz” CD. “I started recording in May, it should be out some time in January of next year [2009], we will start recording pretty soon and see where it goes from there. [Album not named yet]”

“I won’t be rapping on the album, I will be straight up producing. It’s going to be a lot of fun East Coast and West coast style, you know what I’m saying. Bringing back the element of Hip-Hop back to the streets you know what I mean?”

Cannon also revealed some guest features on his debut album, “You know the regular, T.I., Jeezy, Ludacris, Rick Ross - I haven’t started formulating the song pattern yet so…”

Yo! Raps also asked Cannon if there are any news about the arrest and charges he and Drama are facing. “Right now everything is good. A year has passed and we haven’t been charged with anything. We are still waiting to see what the charges are, but we are out here just tying to make a living. Those guys know who is right and who is wrong. There ain’t no guns, no drugs no attempted robbery. We are helping these people [artists], you know. I think it’s just a big miscommunication because I think they think we were putting out peoples albums. These cats [artists] are giving use music exclusively. You know what I mean.”

Click here to read the full interview: http://www.yoraps.com/news1.php?subaction=showfull&id=1212388432&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
Re: Don Cannon Speaks On Debut Album & Arrest
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 09:55:58 AM »
Cannon also revealed some guest features on his debut album, “You know the regular, T.I., Jeezy, Ludacris, Rick Ross - I haven’t started formulating the song pattern yet so…”

meh.

c'mon guys switch it up

Blood$

Re: Don Cannon Speaks On Debut Album & Arrest
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 02:10:20 PM »
^ was just about to say that... I don't want this to be on some DJ Khaled shit

oh well, his beats are dope though  8)