Author Topic: Nas- Greatest East Coast Rapper of All Time!!!!  (Read 1157 times)

dpgkurupt33

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Nas- Greatest East Coast Rapper of All Time!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2002, 04:32:48 PM »
Y'all are trippin' by not mentioning Chuck D as #2 to Rakim...
and trippin' even harder by not recognising "Nation of Millions" being the best album out of the East Coast
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2002, 05:30:45 PM »
Y'all are trippin' by not mentioning Chuck D as #3 to Rakim and KRS...
and trippin' even harder by not recognising "Nation of Millions" being the best album out of the East Coast

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2002, 06:26:05 PM »
I definitely think Nas is the best east coast rapper of all time.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2002, 08:48:38 PM »
Up for debate, but I think Biggie was just too damn good of a storyteller. His flow destroyed all but Rakims, but, in the very end, Rakim holds the crown of All-Time N.Y. King.

Rakim's lyrics are bitten by everyone, and every rapper out today listened to Rakim as the person they respected. His flow was perfect, and his lyrics were what makes him the best. storytelling was alright, not better than Nas or Biggie, but his lyrical skillz and his flow out do theirs, plus his message goes over Big, and runs even with Nas. Biggie and Nas about even in storytelling, lyrical about even too, but Biggie's flows crush Nas more so than Nas having more meaning than Biggie, 'cause Ready to Die saves Biggies ass, but his smooth flow that make some shit lyrics dound tight has to bring him up. Chuck D has message, and storytelling, but flow is average, and lyrical is also. Though his message more than makes up for that, his not on the level of Nas or Rakim.

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2002, 11:00:17 PM »
biggie is the best rapper that came out of the eastcoast simple as that.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2002, 02:29:22 AM »

Chuck D has message, and storytelling, but flow is average, and lyrical is also. Though his message more than makes up for that, his not on the level of Nas or Rakim.

I was about to say that, nicely put  :)

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2002, 04:35:17 AM »
Nasty(Illmatic period) Nas iz prolly one of the biggest eastcoast hopes ever, But his inconsistency during his career not only stops him from being The best eastcoast cat ever but also at times threw him out of the top10 Eastcoast(during his dark ages:IWW to Nastradamus)....he's always been supreme flowise and vocally- but if he wanted to be a background vocalist he shouldn't have made solo albums, It's not enough to be a dope vocalist to be considered the best Rapper. Bottom line is Nas ain't touching BIG when it comes to storytelling, focus and structuring lyrics...even his 10 track- flawless- Illmatic was outshined By Big'z "ready to die" not only in the quantity of the quallity\classic material(since "R2D" was just as perfect and than some) but also in personallity(due to Bigz abillityz to personalize his material to the point the listener is carried into his lyrics, almost phisiclly) . Some might speculate "Life After Death" was not on par wit Big'z debut, but if a number of tracks were to be kept off the album there would be still enough material to make it a classic, Nasz 3 follow upz to Illmatic stayed  sub-par for 7 years.  my top eastcoast goes like this(due to this day):
1.Big
2.Rakim(yea he was more influential than Big no doubt, but Influence is not what Im talking about right here, Im talking bout quallity)
3.Jay-z
4.Nas.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

infinite59

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2002, 04:53:44 AM »
Nas has 4 great albums.  Pac didn't even have 4 great albums.  (not counting his posthumous remixed ish)

What other rapper has had 4 great albums?

Illmatic
It Was Written
Stillmatic
Lost Tapes

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2002, 05:00:35 AM »
Nas has 4 great albums.  Pac didn't even have 4 great albums.  (not counting his posthumous remixed ish)

Illmatic
It Was Written
Stillmatic
Lost Tapes

lol. pac had 3 classics to nas 1 classic album and some mediocre releases. common also has 3 classics and if kool g rap would've stayed with dj polo he would've surpassed 3. not to mention g rap is the greatest story teller ever...
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2002, 05:12:16 AM »

Illmatic
It Was Written
Stillmatic
Lost Tapes

IWW was garbage....and Pac Had 3 classicz,if we don't count the solid shit out of his unreleases( Although The lost tapes are a bunch of unreleases)...

We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

gdjone

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2002, 05:58:09 AM »
Nobody compares to Rakim. How can you consider Nas or anyone else when Rakim gave birth to and perfected the style that they all emmulate. He is hiphop. He is East coast. He is New York. Nas is just a branch from Rakims tree.

1. Rakim

2.Nas

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2002, 01:38:03 PM »

Sorry homies.....but the Greatest Eastcoast rapper ever was and will always be.."The Notorious B.I.G."

People tend to forget the man was only 24 when he died...
his best had yet to come you cannot deny that fact.
The Rap Game has no fucken Idea what was to come from B.I.G.
He had the rap game on lock as far as the east goes...
Biggie was the East when he was around.
Listen to your favorite rapper's music.....who's name comes outta their mouth more than shitt & Fuck....(Big & Pac)
AkA....nothin' can change that now.

Your favorite rapper's favorite rapper.....lol

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2002, 02:04:28 PM »

ImO...

"Ready to Die"

1. Intro
2. Things Done Changed
3. Gimme The Loot
4. Machine Gun Funk
5. Warning
6. Ready To Die
7. One More Chance
8. #!*@ Me (Interlude)
9. The What
10. Juicy
11. Everyday Struggle
12. Me & My Bitch
13. Big Poppa
14. Respect
15. Friend Of Mine
16. Unbelieveable
17. Suicidal Thoughts

Will Swallow "Illmatic alive.......check it out side by side.

"Illmatic"

1. The Genesis
2. N.Y. State Of Mind
3. Life's A Bitch
4. The World Is Yours
5. Halftime
6. Memory Lane (Sittin' In Da Park)
7. One Love
8. One Time 4 Your Mind
9. Represent
10. It Ain't Hard To Tell
----------------------------------------------

WHoa!!!!
Just look at that track listing on "Ready to die"... :o
Classic Banger's like "Big Poppa" & "Juicy" will always get played at the clubs until the day we die.
"Respect"
"Unbeleivable"....yo' B.I.G.'s flow cannot be fucked wit' on those tracks.
"Warning"
"Suicidal thought's"....the master of story telling cannot be faded on those track's.
Danm!!!! when I line it up this way it kinda makes "Illmatic" look like a mini lp.
--------------------------------------
Alothough Nas came as tight as anyone can come on track's like "Ny State of mind" & "One Love"
"life's a bitch"...to me is an Az track since he rip's the mic like no other on that track.
The Cd is tight as hell........But im my opinion cannot hold a candle to B.I.G.'s "Ready to die" compared side to side, and track for track.
------------------------------

I gave you the first lp...(vs) the first Lp as an example since people tend to jock the first releases.

I think the more fair comparrison would be Jigga & Nas, cause B.I.G. was a legend in his own time amongst his peer's and those who were older than him.

It's hard to belive B.I.G. made all that tight music befor his 25 birthday.

Danm!!! I Miss B.I.G.

Baby Baby
Hatesrats 2oo2

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2002, 02:58:01 PM »
Hates got a point, but Rakims influince can't be messed with. Biggie and Nas can be put side to side, and it's hard as hell. But Biggie never was as bad as Nastradumas, but Life After Death wasn't exactly a step up from Ready to Die, had Biggie lived, he might have had the problem Nas did with releasing a classic CD first. Also, with them two, you might have to go with freestyling, and Biggie was more accoplished. I personally like Nas better in terms of rappers, but Biggie can't be overlooked. Though I still say Rakim, who influiced everyone, when an Eastcoast rapper spits, he just trying to be like Ra. Freestyles, just straight jaw dropping punch lines. The Source couldn't just had a whole section on just Rakim's greatest lyrics ever, and that would have been enough. But as I said, Biggies flows crush everyone in the rap game, even my favorite 'Pac, so it's easy to say Big, 'cause Big had it all, plus it was very easy to listen to. But Rakim's lyricals were just to strong for my vote.

dpgkurupt33

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2002, 04:51:30 PM »
You guys seem to keep focussing on an artists' output, not just their skills... so I'd like to re-emphasise my earlier point...
While NaS and Biggie do have the skills; Rakim (with Eric B), and Chuck D (with Public Enemy) have discography's which shit all over the NaS and Biggie Collections.

Public Enemy: Four Undisputed Classics
1987  Yo! Bum Rush the Show  
1988  It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back  
1990  Fear of a Black Planet  
1991  Apocalypse 91...The Enemy Strikes Black

Eric B & Rakim: Four 4.5 Mic Plus Albums
1987  Paid in Full  
1988  Follow the Leader  
1990  Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em  
1992  Don't Sweat the Technique