Author Topic: Go Kick It With DJ Quik @ The Shark Club Thursday Night!  (Read 659 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: Go Kick It With DJ Quik @ The Shark Club Thursday Night!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 10:40:07 PM »
Ok thanks for the head's up man.

To looney: No it's in Orange County, it's under the L.A.C, like 30 miles south east away from Long Beach.

thanks for the info +1

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

RxScenester

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • cold chillen
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 09:42:23 AM »
Wish i could go cause i live in Santa Ana, its right down the street literally............but i gotta go to jail today after school..............sucks ass!!!!!!!!!!

Fresco

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 07:56:19 AM »
I finally been there with a friend, shit I was disapointed! Dj Quik only performed two songs (tonight and another one that I didn't recognize) and the he disapeared backstage!
But here comes the worst: After he is gone they started playing East coast stuff... Please, we are on the West Coast and they was a West Coast legend in the house!
I think that playing Soulja Boy and no West Coast sound was outrageous!
So not a good looking to Quik or the Shark on this one

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 09:45:56 AM »
I finally been there with a friend, shit I was disapointed! Dj Quik only performed two songs (tonight and another one that I didn't recognize) and the he disapeared backstage!
But here comes the worst: After he is gone they started playing East coast stuff... Please, we are on the West Coast and they was a West Coast legend in the house!
Damn. :( Nothin but bad news bears right there. Sorry to hear that man.

Klue

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 10:49:47 AM »
lack of money :/

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 05:31:57 PM »

shit, ain't that the truth. that really is too bad to hear. it really saddens me that DJ's (especially on the west coast) will sacrifice their own music heritage to play "what's hot". why not throw in some "Bounce, Rock, Skate" or "I'm Toe Up"? just because they haven't got major radio play doesn't mean they need to conform to the repetitiveness of MTV hits. whenever i get called in to DJ at our local bar, i always throw on the new west coast club hits just to see how the crowd receives them. and guess what? worst case scenario: cut the song and throw on another. I think the majority of club DJ's nowadays are scared to try new things which really is sad. i think it's a DJ's duty to introduce new music to the scene. and you never know, when you throw that new west coast record on, it just might become your new club banger. there's nothing to lose, much to gain!  ;D

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2008, 05:59:37 PM »

shit, ain't that the truth. that really is too bad to hear. it really saddens me that DJ's (especially on the west coast) will sacrifice their own music heritage to play "what's hot". why not throw in some "Bounce, Rock, Skate" or "I'm Toe Up"? just because they haven't got major radio play doesn't mean they need to conform to the repetitiveness of MTV hits. whenever i get called in to DJ at our local bar, i always throw on the new west coast club hits just to see how the crowd receives them. and guess what? worst case scenario: cut the song and throw on another. I think the majority of club DJ's nowadays are scared to try new things which really is sad. i think it's a DJ's duty to introduce new music to the scene. and you never know, when you throw that new west coast record on, it just might become your new club banger. there's nothing to lose, much to gain!  ;D

LOL...y'all need to come to whatever I DJ then...I MAKE SURE to play West Coast, and I'll only play that BS if I have to.

Last night, me n my boy were DJ'n this lounge in Beverly Hills that we'll probably do once every two weeks. It is a very laid back, almost "Girlfriends" type professional atmosphere...but I keep it mixed up with the music. I don't play anything gangsta there because of the crowd, but I will tell people "NO" if they have a wack request. One girl last night asked me for Walk it out, Wipe me down, AND Soulja Boy...I was like nah...this ain't the crowd for that, I'm sorry.

If y'all know of anybody who needs a DJ who can keep it West Coast for real, please let me know...I HATE DJ'n for people who only want to hear what's hot.