Author Topic: Barack Obama Makes History... Your Take  (Read 329 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Barack Obama Makes History... Your Take
« on: June 04, 2008, 03:23:13 PM »
I called in before his speech in the Democrat Convention. What I saw was the only person I wanted to vote for in a presidental election. In 2004 I was mad Kerry got the nomination as he turned his attempt into a man chest pounding contest with George Bush, and Al Gore in 2000 was not even a sliver of what makes him a great Democrat now as he tried too hard to be the robot candidate. But there was Obama, running for US Senate in the middle of Southside Chicago, giving daps to people and connecting to them in a way that I've never seen even other black candidates do. To hear his message, it was like listening to something I cooked up in college in a poli sci class which a professor said it would never work and gave a C,  :-\. But at the end of the day, the liberal agenda with conservative language might be the most effective way the Democrats can complete the take back of government that started in 2006.

Oh to my thoughts. I am so proud today, to see the papers and see the Obamas on the front pages and have the headline as the Democratic nominee. No matter your political position, which on this board is either liberal or Ron Paul Republican (I'm not saying Libertarian because I don't see a single Bob Barr sig) you have to respect the fact that for the first time in US history, and in the party that was once pro-slavery, and only 43 years after the Civil Rights bill, an African-American is the nominee for the highest office in the world. A man that grew up with a single parent, rose through to attend Occidental College for 2 years then tranfering to Columbia College. Instead of taking the money, he went to work as a community organizer in the Southside of Chicago, and then took a couple of years to go to Harvard Law School. There is no question this man is very intellegent, but what's not mentioned is how hard he has worked, and how much he has tried to actually help out the community. From 1985-1996, with the exception of his time at Harvard, he was on the streets working in the community and getting paid very little. Obama is truly a man of the people, and no matter what you think of party politics, he has proven to deserve this. So congradulation Barack Obama. Makes me proud to have have seen this from even before he made that convention speech. (though it was the day before the speech... lol)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Barack Obama Makes History... Your Take
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 06:05:02 PM »
You think Barr is a RP Republican? Do you know the guys history?  He's historically been a Neo-Con and only recently switched over to an RPR - claims he had an epiphone and switched up.  I'd say more likely it's that he saw the mega millions Ron raised and wants a piece.  He talks the talk (just like your brown skinned hero) but it's just rhetoric as his voting record doesn't back it up.  We'll see how he votes going forward.

A more viable candidate would be Chuck Baldwin who is the nominee of the Constitution Party.

Barack has you fooled into thinking his complexion means he's outside of the same lobbyist groups of Bush or McCain or Hillary.  He's no different, it will be a hard day for you when you realize you've been duped yet again.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 07:25:39 PM »
Michelle Obama would get the serious business.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 08:58:41 PM »
You think Barr is a RP Republican? Do you know the guys history?

Actually, I know Barr's history very well. His who the Libs are running because Paul stole all your money and isn't doing shit with it. That's for another thread.

Now fuck that convo, and lets get down to business... BARACK OBAMA IS THE FUCKIN' DEMOCRAT NOMINEE!!!!! HISTORY IS MADE!!! And that fist pound with Michelle was pure classic.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 10:57:13 PM »
You think Barr is a RP Republican? Do you know the guys history?

Actually, I know Barr's history very well. His who the Libs are running because Paul stole all your money and isn't doing shit with it. That's for another thread.

Now fuck that convo, and lets get down to business... BARACK OBAMA IS THE FUCKIN' DEMOCRAT NOMINEE!!!!! HISTORY IS MADE!!! And that fist pound with Michelle was pure classic.

If you knew Barr's history you wouldn't assume true Paul supporters would support him.  I'll never be a blind supporter to any party, and neither would any true RP supporter.  I'm as loyal to the Libertarian Party as long as they are fully representing freedom and liberty.  If they stop doing that, I will find someone else that does.  In this case, there are serious questions about Barr and I'm not supporting him at this stage.  Baldwin is much more in the RP vein than Barr and thats who I'm supporting at this stage.

What about all the money Hillary made?  What is she doing with it?  What should Paul do with it? 

There are numerous Paul supporters that are running for the House and Senate.  All of that money donated was money well spent.  Paul got over 1 Million votes in the popular election. 

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 09:11:31 PM »
Michelle Obama would get the serious business.
hahah nigga u aint lying eye would hit that............ eye been sayin that. she got it going on.........and this nigga jrome is definitely a hater........

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 12:03:10 AM »
i guess first time we had a MIXED race person but hes not black man why do people keep saying that. His mom is white. According to our government u are what ur mom is.

Autumns End

• Lil Geezy
  • Love Me / Hate Me
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 12:08:40 AM »
omg he iz so cool, im voting for him becuz he's black too
Keep quiet,
Nothing comes as easy as you.
Can I lay in your bed all day?
I'll be your best kept secret
And your biggest mistake.
The hand behind this pen relives a failure every day.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 10:00:13 AM »
i guess first time we had a MIXED race person but hes not black man why do people keep saying that. His mom is white. According to our government u are what ur mom is.

Ao... that's culture not law. you are what you identify yourself as. And the mom rule was during the slave times as it was an excuse to sell off the babies that the master had with the slaves. Now we have the census which you fill out and you tell the government what you are. And when people see Barack, hear his name and talk to him, I can promise you the first thing they don't thing is, what a nice young all American white male.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 11:56:05 AM »
As this thread seems to focus on ethnic background, my take is that this is actually a "victory" for white people and not for black people. It's not like black people took over the country and made him the democratic nominee. It's mostly because white people voted for him. Now, why would I say that it's so good for whites and not as good for blacks (or even non-whites in general) as some people make it seem?

1) The fact that a "black" guy with an outlandish name who's constantly accused of being Muslim is elected as the democratic nominee makes it quite hard for people who point the finger at whites and call them racist and shit. All I can say is this: If I was a black nationalist, I'd be hella pissed about this nomination.

2) IF (and that's a big if) Obama becomes president, people will most likely find out that he's not THAT different... the conclusion of this is obvious.

Personally, I'm not infatuated with Obama but I definitely clearly prefer him to McCain, so I hope he becomes president.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 11:57:59 AM »
oh whats wrong nigga........u from Brazil and used to Blacks considering themselves everything but Black over there.......just the fuck up wit you your what your moms is bullshit.............. Take a look at that nigga he though he half devil . the nigga doesnt even look white at all. HE IS A BLACK MAN that is proud of that..........but u prolly dont see a lot of that being from brazil.

omg he iz so cool, im voting for him becuz he's black too
eye dont understand this shit................ ya act like these white devils never voted for niggas  for the sole reason for being white.............fuck out of here white devils been doing that shit from american idol to presidency but all of a sudden its a big deal when u got a nigga in office. fuck out of here wit that bullshit

Ao... that's culture not law. you are what you identify yourself as. And the mom rule was during the slave times as it was an excuse to sell off the babies that the master had with the slaves. Now we have the census which you fill out and you tell the government what you are. And when people see Barack, hear his name and talk to him, I can promise you the first thing they don't thing is, what a nice young all American white male.
you a smart nigga...eye didnt peep it before

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 04:56:38 PM »
brazil has the largest population of blacks after nigeria of any country..

so its all about what u identify yourself as now?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 10:26:29 AM »
Personally, I'm not infatuated with Obama but I definitely clearly prefer him to McCain, so I hope he becomes president.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 10:28:11 AM »
Ao... that's culture not law. you are what you identify yourself as.
What Obama identifies himself as is irrelevant. The media labeled him as a "Black" candidate, so that's how people are going to see him regardless.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 09:41:59 PM »
Ao... that's culture not law. you are what you identify yourself as.
What Obama identifies himself as is irrelevant. The media labeled him as a "Black" candidate, so that's how people are going to see him regardless.
[/quote

yeah exactally